Why is Hip-Hop/Rap so popular now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2:00

Markus Schulz (trance music guy) talking about how dance/electronic music is becoming more popular and hip-hop is declining in popularity.
    Last edited by Flame Beats; 01-01-2013, 03:36 AM.
    .................... ....................

Comment

for fuck sake, pop is way bigger then hip hop though

I hate them thirsty bitches
      Cut them off like circumcision
      -Lil Wayne

Comment

Actually i've noticed the exact opposite. Rap and hip hop was THE shit that dominated the radio from 2005-2009. First, thanks to 50 cent, and then after that, thanks to our nigga tune. But since 2009, all this fukin gay electronic/techno has really taken off. Almost every single new pop single has one of these fukin annoying generic electronic beats. If you want an example just look at how Black Eyed Peas music shifted from hip-hop beats in 06-08, to a bunch of techno beats.

Comment

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
          "we"

nigga it's 2013 you still jockin me go get some pussy or something
          Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by TheCarter View Post
            Actually i've noticed the exact opposite. Rap and hip hop was THE shit that dominated the radio from 2005-2009. First, thanks to 50 cent, and then after that, thanks to our nigga tune. But since 2009, all this fukin gay electronic/techno has really taken off. Almost every single new pop single has one of these fukin annoying generic electronic beats. If you want an example just look at how Black Eyed Peas music shifted from hip-hop beats in 06-08, to a bunch of techno beats.
            True, Pitbull, Lil Jon, & Flo Rida are also 3 more prime examples, now Ludacris & Swizz Beats are doing it too.
            People are embracing Techno at a faster rate, even Birdman signed the Stafford Brothers.
            "When I die I hope Heaven got a studio" - Slim Dunkin

Comment

Originally posted by TheCarter View Post
              Exactly what I was saying with that video..
              .................... ....................

Comment

Working...
              X