X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last of us

The last of us - June 4th 2013

Gameplay
    The Last of Us uses third-person view. The player will take control of Joel, while Ellie will be controlled by the AI. The game will involve gunfighting and melee combat and it will have a cover system. The player will fight off the Infected — former humans — and the Survivors — humans that are not infected, but are hostile towards Joel and Ellie. A new gameplay mechanic is a feature the developers call "dynamic stealth", meaning that there are many different types of strategies and techniques that the player can use at any given time as they approach a new situation, to which enemies will react differently. Though situations can have a different outcome, it all mainly depends on the player's preference of play.
    Plot
    The story is set two decades after a cordyceps-type fungus has killed millions, with nature gradually retaking the abandoned cities and towns. The survivors are hemmed inside quarantine zones, completely under the heel of the United States military, with order and screening for any Infected being viciously maintained under martial law. Joel, a hardened black-marketeer within one of the quarantine zones, goes through an event which makes him promise an old friend that he will get a young girl, Ellie, away from the harsh regime. They begin a journey through the USA, avoiding the Infected, humanoid creatures whose sole aim has become spreading the fungal infection, and scavengers that survive outside the quarantine zones who see Joel and Ellie as their latest prey. But, added to their problems, the military are determined to find Ellie and bring her back under their power
    Story Trailer

3 minute gameplay

Last edited by Mr. Postman; 02-17-2013, 12:27 PM.

cant wait for this.

Comment

I need a ps3 for this game, anybody know from the UK know where to get cheap one? seeing as the next consoles aren't far off, I don't want to be spending to much on a console.

Comment

looks okay i suppose

Comment

I've been waiting for this for a while now

Comment

Oh, another zombie game...how interesting and unique this is...

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Originally posted by Dexter. View Post
            I need a ps3 for this game, anybody know from the UK know where to get cheap one? seeing as the next consoles aren't far off, I don't want to be spending to much on a console.
            Umm...dunno where you live but is there a cash converter store near you? They sell like used PS3's that are in great condition...

Got one last week from there (my old PS3 broke)....120 GB with controller two games and HDMI cable for 140 pounds...which is great for me.
            Originally posted by Shake
            Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Originally posted by Vocker View Post
              Oh, another zombie game...how interesting and unique this is...

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Umm...dunno where you live but is there a cash converter store near you? They sell like used PS3's that are in great condition...

Got one last week from there (my old PS3 broke)....120 GB with controller two games and HDMI cable for 140 pounds...which is great for me.
              Yeah there is a cash converter near me, uhmm 140 pounds to play 2 games (last of us, and gta v) is a bit much tbh.

Do they give you money for stuff, like could I trade my x360 in and get say 100 for it?

My brother sold his ps3 for �50 a few months ago and I only just noticed noticed this game, could of bought it off my brother for cheap lol.

Comment

Yeah there is a cash converter near me, uhmm 140 pounds to play 2 games (last of us, and gta v) is a bit much tbh.

Do they give you money for stuff, like could I trade my x360 in and get say 100 for it?

My brother sold his ps3 for �50 a few months ago and I only just noticed noticed this game, could of bought it off my brother for cheap lol.
                Yeah they do. You can sell your Xbox and then buy a PS3...they do that. but I doubt they would buy it for a 100 tho lol...unless its really in great condition.

and btw, you say two games now, but later you will start buying other games and you end up with 10 games and shit lol...lets not forget that GTA5 will be the type of game that you would play for a long time...
                Originally posted by Shake
                Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Originally posted by Vocker View Post
                  Yeah they do. You can sell your Xbox and then buy a PS3...they do that. but I doubt they would buy it for a 100 tho lol...unless its really in great condition.

and btw, you say two games now, but later you will start buying other games and you end up with 10 games and shit lol...lets not forget that GTA5 will be the type of game that you would play for a long time...
                  lol I was just using �100 as an example lol, I have about 8 games I could trade in too.

and not many games interest me, except grand theft auto and this game, I have only bought far cry 3 in the last 3 years haha, but if i stumble onto a game that interest me I will buy it.

Oh wait, watch dogs looks awesome too, so thats 3 games (if it comes out on this gen and not next gen)

Thanks mate I'll look how much i can get for my x360 at cash converter and add the rest of the money myself.

Comment

Had this shit on pre-order for a long time. Can't wait! This year epic for games... God of War, The Last of Us, Watch Dogs, Tomb Raider, GTAV, Gears of War, Metal Gear Solid: Rising & hopefully Ground Zeroes.

Comment

Oh ffs! its been delayed until june 4th.

Comment

Oh ffs! its been delayed until june 4th.
                        Ah well, only weeks difference could be a lot worse... Months!

Comment

Working...
                        X