Official Religion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Religion Thread

This thread was the idea of Skim and it seems like a good idea, although it could end up being bad. I hope it's gonna become a useful thread but in order to do that some rules are going to have to be made.

RULES
    You may state your opinions and beliefs but only in a manner that is non-offensive to others
    Even if you do not believe in any Religion you may still post and say that and why
    Anything offensive that is said to someone about their Religion WILL have to result in a warning
    If this thread becomes spam or a lot of arguments then it WILL be locked

Re: Official Religion Thread

I guess I will start out by saying that I am Christian. The only thing is that I don't believe everything that is in the Holy Bible. Some stuff just doesn't make sense to me. I believe Jesus died for our sins, but I have a few problems with the way it was all started, or so they say it was. I will get into those problems in a few hours when I return from my exam.

I hope I don't offend.

Comment

Originally posted by Artille
      I guess I will start out by saying that I am Christian. The only thing is that I don't believe everything that is in the Holy Bible. Some stuff just doesn't make sense to me. I believe Jesus died for our sins, but I have a few problems with the way it was all started, or so they say it was. I will get into those problems in a few hours when I return from my exam.

I hope I don't offend.
      I'm Christian also. I do sin but so does everyone that believes, I pray for repentance of my sins and for mine and my loved ones health and safety

I agree with you Artille about the Bible that some of it doesn't make sense, plus science has proved lots of it to be untrue

Comment

I wouldn't say im a Christian. I dont call my self anything like that. I believe in God in some ways, not fully. I also dont believe in the Bible really, at all. It was written through Gods word by MEN. But then in the Bible it say ALL men make mistakes. So couldnt have Disciples made mistakes in writing the Bible? Anyone correct me if im wrong, im always open to listen. But no one will change my beliefs.

I wonder, if the sky is the limit
        Then why are humans nearly always the centerpiece in defining religion?
        Do you know why your a christian?
        Or was it forced upon you as a kid now in line in the system
        your living. Take a look in the distance
        The big picture is above anything we've ever scripted, yes its a given
        Am i an atheist? We'll you might place me in
        That category but this whole planet is what you make of it
        This ain't a sacred diss, i just think maybe if
        God is real he understands this is complicated shit
        Let me make a little bet
        No one is going to heaven, and if you do congrats no disrespect
        And if there is a hell i'm incorrect
        There i''ll be posted right next to the devil smoking on a cigarette

-An0maly

Comment

Originally posted by skimdudee420
          I wouldn't say im a Christian. I dont call my self anything like that. I believe in God in some ways, not fully. I also dont believe in the Bible really, at all. It was written through Gods word by MEN. But then in the Bible it say ALL men make mistakes. So couldnt have Disciples made mistakes in writing the Bible? Anyone correct me if im wrong, im always open to listen. But no one will change my beliefs.
          That's deep man. I never even thought of that LOL. It makes great sense though

Comment

I honestly don't agree with organized religion. Why are we having wars about da same God? Christians talk shit bout catholics, catholics talk shit bout christians. I mean, it's da same Go and Jesus we lookin up 2. I believe there is a god but, I don't exactly know where I stand on heaven and hell. I mean if a child molester goes 2 church erday 4 4giveness but, thinks raping and killing kids is right, does he goto heaven? I don't really know wat 2 believe in dat sense but, I know theres a god and I know da world wont end kuz if he wanted 2 end da world, it would've been done. I jus wish all religions would jus stop beefin like Bloods and crips. I mean if they could put shit behind dem, I'm sure religions could 2.

Comment

Originally posted by johnzalewski1322
              I honestly don't agree with organized religion. Why are we having wars about da same God? Christians talk shit bout catholics, catholics talk shit bout christians. I mean, it's da same Go and Jesus we lookin up 2. I believe there is a god but, I don't exactly know where I stand on heaven and hell. I mean if a child molester goes 2 church erday 4 4giveness but, thinks raping and killing kids is right, does he goto heaven? I don't really know wat 2 believe in dat sense but, I know theres a god and I know da world wont end kuz if he wanted 2 end da world, it would've been done. I jus wish all religions would jus stop beefin like Bloods and crips. I mean if they could put shit behind dem, I'm sure religions could 2.
              For example if someone who is a mass murderer on the run from the cops and they hit and run a child and kill the child, if they repent for their sins then they will go to Heaven. If the child hasn't ever repented for something they have done wrong then they will go to Hell. I know that Religions shouldn't beef but in the case of Protestant and Catholic Christians. The Catholics believe in much stricter rules and teachings and slate Protestant ones for not doing that and Protestant ones slate Catholics for being too strict

Comment

Originally posted by bliss47
                Originally posted by johnzalewski1322
                For example if someone who is a mass murderer on the run from the cops and they hit and run a child and kill the child, if they repent for their sins then they will go to Heaven. If the child hasn't ever repented for something they have done wrong then they will go to Hell. I know that Religions shouldn't beef but in the case of Protestant and Catholic Christians. The Catholics believe in much stricter rules and teachings and slate Protestant ones for not doing that and Protestant ones slate Catholics for being too strict

I kno but they take it to far when they war over it. Like u wanna goto heaven but u wanna kill some1 else who wants 2 goto heaven as well because they prey a dif way? it dont make sense 2 me.

Comment

im christian.

Comment

I believe in god.
                    Im not into religion.
                    I used to be more into it but these days i dont really care anymore.
                    I used to pray but i hardly ever do now, i just dont bother.
                    There are so many people tellin me all sorts.
                    I just dnt cre anymore, whatever happens happens andnothing can be done to change that.
                    I just live my life and let others live thiers however they want.
                    I dnt wnt to be controlled by anyone.
                    Just want people to get off my back and let me do me, i aint tryna tell them nothing.
                    I do believe in god but all that religion stuff just overcomplicates everything and just takes over your life.
                    I just want to live how I want and die.
                    I dont believe in afterlife, as far as im concerned when you die thats the end.

Sorry for any offence caused.

Comment

im jewish and no i dont pick up coins off the ground or wear the kippah

Comment

Originally posted by ernestchang
                        im jewish and no i dont pick up coins off the ground or wear the kippah
                        No need to mention the coin thing cause if more people post in here I'm gonna make sure that no-one says anything that may offend

What's a kippah though?

Comment

Working...
                        X