Lil Wayne Ranked 36th on The Source Top 50 Lyricists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ParisHaynes View Post
    STANDING OVATION. older hip hop fans love to say "what is he talking about?" what, he's talking about young people and how our lives are, so i don't expect them to understand(will smith voice). but if your a young black male who grew up in the hood, you know what wayne is talking about, you can relate. i don't care if you can saying how brenda got a baby, or pussy, money, weed. if your word play is entertaining, i want to listen. for me personally, rap is about entertainment, i don't need no body i don't know tryna lift my spirits up or whatever the dumb shit old school hip hop fans think it should be about. i need music that keep me locked in, that entertains me, because in the end, that's all music is about. you can sugar coat it any way you like, but in the end, music is about entertainment. if i want someone to teach me about life, i go visit my parents.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

• lol. bullshit list mostly.

mf doom isnt on there.

cant take this seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by hydro-dro View Post
        ok wow, sorry. first of all i didnt even know chosed was a word. thats a new one, i like it. do you say tooken instead of taken too?

yes, they're wack ass lyrics. you guys are smart. thats my WHOLE POINT. everyone is arguing about whos better, but for one, kanye west isnt a real rapper. hes a producer. and for two, they both have wack ass lyrics sometimes, poor subject matter, cant tell a story or form a song that really sticks with you, hence why they're so low on the list. WOW WEIRD CONCEPT.
        Agreed
        Fuck 007 I work 24/7 ain't got time to bond with no bitch

Comment

• why the fuck is Big L 26..... anyone with half a brain should know he should be top 10 easy. Hov is too high, and Kendrick definitely deserves to be on the list, the rest is aight

Originally posted by hydro-dro View Post
          ok wow, sorry. first of all i didnt even know chosed was a word. thats a new one, i like it. do you say tooken instead of taken too?

yes, they're wack ass lyrics. you guys are smart. thats my WHOLE POINT. everyone is arguing about whos better, but for one, kanye west isnt a real rapper. hes a producer. and for two, they both have wack ass lyrics sometimes, poor subject matter, cant tell a story or form a song that really sticks with you, hence why they're so low on the list. WOW WEIRD CONCEPT.
          you good sir are a fucking idiot.

Kanye's not a rapper? Explain to me then why the man has 6 studio albums and is dropping two more collabs in the next year? Yes Kanye is a producer, but to say he's not a "real" rapper is retarded. As for both of them having poor subject matter... have you ever even listened to College Dropout, Late Registration, The Suffix/Prefix, any of the Da Droughts or first three Carters.

Kanye is better than Wayne at the moment cause Wayne has just fell off terribly, but at the same time Wayne has made so many more songs so it's not surprising that he'll have "whack ass lyrics" in some of them. not every song is gonna be a classic especially when you're releasing the amount of music that Wayne releases.

stay in school kid.
          Last edited by InFamous24; 07-17-2012, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous24 View Post
            why the fuck is Big L 26..... anyone with half a brain should know he should be top 10 easy. Hov is too high, and Kendrick definitely deserves to be on the list, the rest is aight

you good sir are a fucking idiot.

Kanye's not a rapper? Explain to me then why the man has 6 studio albums and is dropping two more collabs in the next year? Yes Kanye is a producer, but to say he's not a "real" rapper is retarded. As for both of them having poor subject matter... have you ever even listened to College Dropout, Late Registration, The Suffix/Prefix, any of the Da Droughts or first three Carters.

Kanye is better than Wayne at the moment cause Wayne has just fell off terribly, but at the same time Wayne has made so many more songs so it's not surprising that he'll have "whack ass lyrics" in some of them. not every song is gonna be a classic especially when you're releasing the amount of music that Wayne releases.

stay in school kid.

school isnt going to teach me shit about rap. kanye west is not a real rapper. he just isnt that great at it. hes never going to be known as a legend for his simplistic rhymes. now stfu because its my opinion and your brown nosing bitching isnt going to change it.

Comment

• LOL @ Rakim being #1

Comment

Working...
              X