Lil Wayne and Friends Reality Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne and Friends Reality Show

The latest update on "weezy is going broke" seems to be that he is shooting a reality show with the executive producers from Keeping up with the Kardashians. He's gotta do what hes gotta do but reality shows immediately ruin the perception people have on you as a real artist. However, he seemingly wants to retire so this will be a solid source on income when that day (carter V) comes. Guess weezy isnt too Hollygrove to go Hollywood after all. Realistically though this reality show is probably never going to come out like everything else.

Dallas Rapper Hoodybaby Has Friends in Chris Brown and Lil Wayne | Dallas Observer

Hoodybaby has been navigating his way through a hip-hop career in the most peculiar way. A producer and writer first, he is also an artist who needs to operate under three different names, and very different characters, to tell his story. After humble beginnings in Oak Cliff, he now spends 12 hours in the studio a day and constantly flies from coast to coast. He has been filming a reality show with Lil Wayne for weeks. But eight years ago in Dallas, he was wondering if he would go to jail or be killed, with Chris Brown’s phone number in his pocket.

Lil Wayne’s House doesn’t have a network yet, but the show is basically Lil Wayne and his Young Moneys artist hanging out at his house. Hoodybaby has an artist deal with Young Money and a production deal with Warner/Chappell. He says the show has executive producers from Keeping Up With the Kardashians. After catching an early flight from LA to Miami this morning, he went straight to a beach to film. Tonight he will work in a studio with Timbaland, who first took him for one of Chris Brown’s goons. This sort of thing has happened before.

When they were teens, Hoodybaby met Brown playing basketball in New York City while visiting relatives. They became friends and consider themselves brothers today. Hoodybaby was known as Hood Boss in Dallas. In 2007, he was 20 and had released his own musical collaborations with Tum Tum and Lil Ronnie. “There was a lot of aggression in the music back then,” he says. “There was a lot of violence in the music. It was like, ‘Who has the best fight soundtrack?’”

There was a lot of violence in his life, too. “I come from the street,” he says. “I used to be doing a lot of street shit.” He put in the work, released music and tried to get it on the radio. But his music career did not take off as planned. He had a plan for success, but times quickly changed and it was clear that it wasn’t about selling CDs and getting radio play anymore. He eventually found himself surrounded by people who were getting shot, going to jail for shooting people and sometimes dying in his arms. And then Hoodybaby, then known as Hood Boss, got shot.

A year after getting shot, Hoodybaby left Dallas and spent five years with Brown. To someone like Wiz Khalifa, 2 Chainz or Lil Wayne, Hood Boss first looked like Brown’s bodyguard, security or a goon. “Everyone always assumes I am a bodyguard or some type of security,” he says. But he has been known to push people away from his famous friends. “I might move people around or clear them out,” he says. “Sometimes people don’t really trust their security and they feel safe with me. I provide a sense of security. Nobody’s going to disrespect me or the people who I’m with.”

By word of mouth, people started calling him for that extra sense of security when they came to LA, the city he now lives in. These people became his friends. As it turns out, Hoodybaby has a great sense of humor and enjoys smoking good weed. “Marijuana is the unifier of great people,” he says. He’s also a producer who worked on Grammy-winning music with Brown.
    He is extremely close with Lil Wayne. “I’m funny,” Hoodybaby says. “I’m very entertaining. A lot of people don’t know how to talk and shit.” As a superstar, Lil Wayne is often unable to go where he wants to go or do what he wants to do. He has to carefully filter in a few people while keeping everyone else away. Hoodbaby brings a lot of humor to these lonely situations. Eventually Lil Wayne wanted to hear his music.

Now that Hoodybaby has written and produced for so many of his famous friends, his work speaks for itself. He remains close with Brown, but is now focused on writing and producing. Lil Wayne even took an interest in him as an artist and signed him to his label, Young Money. There are now at least two projects in the works.

Hood Boss is about crazy shit from the past he doesn’t usually want to talk about, so that was phased out. He decided to take on a completely different persona. Hoodybaby is really cool, a guy you could smoke a joint with. He is also working on a Young Money mixtape packed with features.

But there is also Fat Leopard, a collaboration with Lil Wayne. Under that name, Hoodybaby and Lil Wayne plan to take on several personas for a release that will sound as if it were made by several people. Lil Wayne put out a track with Super Hood, which is Hoodybaby in character for the Fat Leopard project.

“Wayne loves that idea of other characters,” Hoodybaby says. But for him, these characters seem like different parts of his personality that need to be separated from each other. They also highlight different aspects of his production sound, which can be a slow vibe, trap or party music. Super Hood represents who he used to be. “Fat Leopard’s real emotional,” he says. “But Hoodybaby is a cool guy.”

Is this a credible source?
    Didn't read that Great Wall of text, but is it actually about Wayne? Cause this would be the only reality show Id watch lol.
    I don't see how you managed to infer that he's going broke.

Comment

"A producer and writer first, he is also an artist who needs to operate under three different names, and very different characters, to tell his story"

yea i knew hood was fat leopard

Comment

& Hood said he wasn't fat leopard.... Haha damn, I've gained some respect for Hood tbh.

That reality show would end Tune though forreal.

Comment

Bruh is wayne going broke?
          how did he become so irrelevant all of a sudden..

I hate them thirsty bitches
          Cut them off like circumcision
          -Lil Wayne

Comment

C'mon at least wait for a little credible source before posting this...

- - - Updated - - -

I should make a website (it'll at least look visually appealing unlike the link in OP) and just right random stories, because people believe anything the need no actual source or credibility is needed.

Comment

Probably scoob fucking doo recording nino brown 3 still

Comment

Hopefully this aint true

Comment

Originally posted by lilweezyfan View Post
                  Bruh is wayne going broke?
                  how did he become so irrelevant all of a sudden..
                  so lil wayne is irrelevant and snoop dogg is not? yall really throw that word around too much

- - - Updated - - -

if true sounds like another way of him showcasing his artist.

i just think wayne should focus on rap and nothing else if it aint that he should leave it alone
                  Last edited by Im Raw Dawg; 10-27-2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

i can't see it being true

if anyone knows wayne on here

then u would know how he feels about reality show

Comment

Originally posted by TUNE KNOWLEDGE View Post
                      & Hood said he wasn't fat leopard.... Haha damn, I've gained some respect for Hood tbh.

That reality show would end Tune though forreal.
                      You gained some respect for Hood because he lied ?

Comment

my thing is yall saying he broke cuz he doin shows. like what is he pose to do stay in the house and cry?

he has to get booked btw meaning they call his people and it cost money to file a lawsuit

Comment

Working...
                        X