Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My take about Weezy's new voice & pitch...please listen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My take about Weezy's new voice & pitch...please listen.

Originally posted by Z-Bo View Post
    I feel like his flow and sound is very similar to this song,

YouTube - Lil Wayne - Pray to the lord

which is from the drought 3 if Im not mistaken so yeah he is definitely getting back to his rawness, but then you got songs like whats wrong with them with nicki and I hate his flow in that
    Yeah someone said the same thing yesterday I believe.
    #FreeColleGrove2

Comment

Yes, they did do something to Waynes voice, but I think they did it because it will sound more pop/mainstream..

Comment

I don't know ... Cause on the first version Wayne rapps more slowly than the second version, so maybe that change the pitch, without the help of the engineers. What's make me think that is 3 videos, a freestyle on the "On Fire Video" behind the scene, where he was spittin' his verse of "Pass the dutch" and he had a high pitch voice. Same with his freestyle on the "Da Da Da" behind the scene, he made a freestyle, and he had a high pitch voice ,girly. And same with the "Lights Up freestyle on the phone" what he said was raw and awesome, but if you listen to his voice, he got a high pitch voice too. And these 3 point are showing Weezy's voice whithout the engineers work, so I believe that's a new way to rap that Wayne adopted to sounds "cute", but he showed that he's able to rap raw on the "run this town" No Ceilings song. So he just got a million flows Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Weezy FabZ Baby View Post
          I don't know ... Cause on the first version Wayne rapps more slowly than the second version, so maybe that change the pitch, without the help of the engineers. What's make me think that is 3 videos, a freestyle on the "On Fire Video" behind the scene, where he was spittin' his verse of "Pass the dutch" and he had a high pitch voice. Same with his freestyle on the "Da Da Da" behind the scene, he made a freestyle, and he had a high pitch voice ,girly. And same with the "Lights Up freestyle on the phone" what he said was raw and awesome, but if you listen to his voice, he got a high pitch voice too. And these 3 point are showing Weezy's voice whithout the engineers work, so I believe that's a new way to rap that Wayne adopted to sounds "cute", but he showed that he's able to rap raw on the "run this town" No Ceilings song. So he just got a million flows Lol.
          Wayne naturally does hit high notes and he can make his pitch higher but not to the point that it's altered in alot of these new releases (whats wrong with them, gonorrhea, wasted remix, ect). Thats my opinion.
          Murder capital, only key to survive is kill
          If the elements dont murder you the riders will 4 real
          And niggas know I goes hard to the fullest
          Get involved and I got em playin dodge ball with bullets

Comment

If you re-look the videos I suggetsed to you, youwill see that he freestyle at the same high pitch, very very very high, girly. I don't see any difference between his voice on "Swag Surf" or "Wasted" and these fresstyles.

Comment

Originally posted by Weezy FabZ Baby View Post
              If you re-look the videos I suggetsed to you, youwill see that he freestyle at the same high pitch, very very very high, girly. I don't see any difference between his voice on "Swag Surf" or "Wasted" and these fresstyles.
              Give me links to videos that you're talking about. If you dont HEAR any difference (not see) between the two versions of WASTED REMIX (original unaltered vs. final mastered) that i've posted on page two, then thats your opinion.
              Murder capital, only key to survive is kill
              If the elements dont murder you the riders will 4 real
              And niggas know I goes hard to the fullest
              Get involved and I got em playin dodge ball with bullets

Comment

Seriously, Wayne sounds less "Weezy" and more "Whiney".

I'm not really a fan of it, but hey, he's evolving. Which is what I love about wayne.

Comment

He cant really come back to rapping styles he had. He always changes. But yeah, i feel ya.
                  And thats just what it is nigga
                  If you don't like my shit then fuck you and your shit man straight up
                  Thats how I was tought thats how I was brought up
                  and thats how I'mma go down
                  Cash-Money Young-Money in your motherfucking throat bitch
                  Swallow slow
                  Weezy F. Baby this interview is over, go to the next song
                  Bitch!

Comment

Wayne naturally does hit high notes and he can make his pitch higher but not to the point that it's altered in alot of these new releases (whats wrong with them, gonorrhea, wasted remix, ect). Thats my opinion.
                    i totally agree with u man...
                    for example: hold up, banned from tv.. he has a high pitched voice but HE MADE IT SOUND LIKE THIS.. WHICH IS RAW..
                    but in what's wrong with them, second verse engineers fucked it up..
                    but sometimes i like when they play with his voice.. gonorrhea for example.. watcha talkin about? tell it to my ninnnnnne, sounds so fucking ill

Comment

Whats wrong with them is a VERY bad song to measure what his voice sounds like now. Its rushed

and Aint me was not recorded C2 era lmao yall stupid. More like '09 early.

Gonorrhea, Bill gates, hold up is classic wayne fire spittin with crazy flow. His voice just aint as hoarse cuz he's not on syrup anymore. Fukk u for even making this dumb thread lol yes im mad
                      Last edited by superman2; 09-28-2010, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreezyBaby View Post
                        they edit it in the recording studio, obviously.
                        No they didnt, wayne jsut re-recorded it. Diff. lines etc

Comment

Originally posted by Uzzi Kid View Post
                          His voice is higher because he got off the syrup and he's not a zombie in the booth anymore. PERIOD. Listen to "I'm A Monster (ft Luda)" he was leanin when he recorded that, then listen to Banned From TV" from No Ceilings, he was off the codeine then and since then i'm pretty sure.
                          You're right.

Originally posted by YoungMoneyEnt View Post
                          Ok, he definitely does something to his voice.
                          Listen to the Wasted links posted above... it has nothing to do with the syrup. AT all.
                          Also, I'm PRAYING Aint Me was recorded in 2010... if it wasn't, not good.
                          Because that is the best song off the album.
                          But I don't like the high pitch thing.. I just think he was sick of his regular voice.
                          But I think he needs critism. People need to tell him what they want and hopefully from the 1,000,000 pages of letters, he gets it.
                          IANAHB was sick, don't get me wrong.. it was so sick but play C3 or even Drought 3 and compare....
                          C3 is pretty average. IMHB had sicker lines believe it or not.

Comment

Working...
                          X