X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Tha Carter IV Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Kronnick View Post
    trends are trends until they're broken.. the same "stricken-economy" statement was made for C.III and he did a million with delays and leaks. and by the end of that year he was close to what, 2.8mill? in less than 6months. Now its well over 3 times platinum domestically.

from what we all should know about Wayne is that his raw work has been consistently getting better year after year, regardless of any argument consistent of one or two "specific-type" songs that you dont prefer, or one experimental, "because-he-could", album. there were plenty of doubters with their foot stuck in their mouth after June.08. and well, to be blunt(cough) have certainly gotten used to the taste over the past two years.

considering he's still AS, if not MORE, relevant publicly, and still has a massive base following, again, if not BIGGER than before, personally I couldnt expect anything under 800k/first week. And to the people saying < 500k are clearly subtracting at least 200k albums for personal opinions unseen/unknown. Carter's I-II built *a lot* of his fanbase, but weren't on anything close to the same level as C.III and the "expected" C.IV. Can't we guarantee him 500k from those fans granted a good majority of us generally know C.IV will be better than C.III. Plus, really an unknown number of hundred thousand after that. Give him, 300k, for credit that he rightfully deserves. thats where i got 800k from, it could be more, possible substantially more, and if it is, all the foots, i meant feet shall be inserted back into mouths all over the world. as long as its personally worth to me whatever 10 measely dollars is worth anymore, than i will continue to support my favorite rapper of all time. yeah i said it. but i am, hopefully safely, assuming that another 499,999++ *Americans* would agree.
    There should be a award for post of the month and you sir would be nominated by me,

Couldn't agree more to a post then i do now.

Y.O.L.O

Comment

Originally posted by tha_chronic View Post
      I will garauntee him gold but platinum first week? LOL you guys are delusional , for all of you guys talking shit in reply to my earlier comments..bring it, i'll bet you 100 bucks right now right here that he won't go platinum first week. Instead of giving all these lame excuses about why he will, if you are SO SURE accept my bet ..
      Yeah seriously I give it a 5% chance at best to do a mill first week. But I could care less if 14 year old girls are listening to Wayne, I want real hip hop fans to listen to CIV and say "Damn, Wayne brought it."

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
      http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

Originally posted by wolverinebball11 View Post
        So I assume you will be inserting your foot in mouth when you're proven wrong about all this?
        what? less than 500k/1st week? 800k/1st week?

If it goes less than 800k i'll insert my toe, and exclaim, "Wolverine B-Ball was RIGHT!"
        If it goes less than 500k i'll insert my foot, and while drooling i'll mumble, "Ohllvuhhin eee-awww uhhs ighht!"

Comment

We can't bet anything.

People; WE'VE ONLY GOTTEN ONE SONG

There is no discussion on Tha Carter IV. We can only go on how Wayne is NOW, which we barely know.
          We've gotten ONE song from him, and ONE feature from him. I'll admit, i was one that said he'll make it to A Mil in the first week, but i can't say that right now. Yeah, 6'7' was fire (i think), but we can't base ONE single with a feature to say he'll get A Million the first week.

Comment

what? less than 500k/1st week? 800k/1st week?

If it goes less than 800k i'll insert my toe, and exclaim, "Wolverine B-Ball was RIGHT!"
            If it goes less than 500k i'll insert my foot, and while drooling i'll mumble, "Ohllvuhhin eee-awww uhhs ighht!"
            Nah lol that was just an extremely stannish comment, but he should do at least 500k

Comment

Y is it either gold or platinum first week..so there's no in between? I see thats how trolls prevent themselves from looking stupid in the future.

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

++++:

6'7' video, really cant wait.

Dig.Booklet, most likely, and hell yeah.

Maybe an additional promotional-type attachment?

Need somethin else to play right after 6'7' soon, maybe a "holiday" gift from wayne, or new year's gift?

Comment

When Do You Guys Think The Video Will Come & A New Song? All In 2011?

Comment

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
                    When Do You Guys Think The Video Will Come & A New Song? All In 2011?
                    Yeah my guess would be they both drop in January

Comment

++++:

6'7' video, really cant wait.

Dig.Booklet, most likely, and hell yeah.

Maybe an additional promotional-type attachment?

Need somethin else to play right after 6'7' soon, maybe a "holiday" gift from wayne, or new year's gift?
                      I doubt it lol.... Maybe the video though.

Hope theres another single in a few weeks.

Comment

Yeah my guess would be they both drop in January
                        Yeah, Would Be Dope If We Get Another Feature From Like Father, Like Son Two This Year.

Comment

Nah lol that was just an extremely stannish comment, but he should do at least 500k

I admitted at the closing of my statement, as someone who grew up listening to wayne, still will admit i listen to wayne, as long as C.IV is worth $10 in comparison to what its personally worth, i will continue to buy his albums and consider him the best of all time, opinionated yes of course, but still my opinion and worth enough to me to publically display it.
                          Last edited by Kronnick; 12-22-2010, 07:38 PM. Reason: redundancy

Comment

Working...
                          X