X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Tha Carter IV Discussion Thread

Originally posted by JrockHQ View Post
    Lol people are getting butt hurt in this thread, C4 will make history and sell crazy bottom line.
    SO you're going to ignore my reply or what? Exactly dude...I knew you couldn't put money where your mouth is !!!

Comment

Originally posted by tha_chronic View Post
      SO you're going to ignore my reply or what? Exactly dude...I knew you couldn't put money where your mouth is !!!
      1. I don't know if you noticed but i do not reply to idiotic posts.
      2. I would put up 100 dollars but i don't have nor use paypal.
      3. I put my money where my mouth is everyday that's why i just ordered a supreme pizza.

Y.O.L.O

Comment

Originally posted by JrockHQ View Post
        1. I don't know if you noticed but i do not reply to idiotic posts.
        2. I would put up 100 dollars but i don't have nor use paypal.
        3. I put my money where my mouth is everyday that's why i just ordered a supreme pizza.

Well dude i'mma call you on that bet. 100 bucks. If you win i'll send you it by mail and if I win you send it to me by mail

Comment

You can't win an arguement against somebody like chronic. Dude's a troll, he has no point, he's just there to be the antagonist.
          Last edited by ChrisBLawyer; 12-22-2010, 06:11 PM.

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

@ chronic about saying his last 2 albums wearnt up to quality, Rebirth was experimental, IANAHB Was a random jus throw it out there 4 the fans album, But when it come to the Carter series, i think we can say he can do a milli.

Comment

Originally posted by � Weezy. F. Baby � View Post
              @ chronic about saying his last 2 albums wearnt up to quality, Rebirth was experimental, IANAHB Was a random jus throw it out there 4 the fans album, But when it come to the Carter series, i think we can say he can do a milli.
              exactly.

Comment

He could, maybe, possibly do a million first week yeah - but most likely he won't even get close.

No I'm not a pessimistic, I'm realistic. Okay so we don't know what's in store for Tha Carter IV, but unless Wayne gives a Lollipop type of mainstream succuss again he will never get close to those numbers again. I mean Eminem has spanked everyone in hiphop in sales and always will do, he had massive mainstream hits with 'Love the Way You Lie' and 'Not Afraid' yet he didn't do a million first week, though he's raped the shit out of it consistently for 24 weeks.

We're missing the point of the music industry as of TODAY. Todays music industry doesn't give a flying shit about first week sales, or, at least shouldn't, but it's all about the artists consistency and longitivty. If Wayne does 470-600k first week and then does 400k second week and then 350 third and slowly goes down but never has a massive blow after the first week (Like Kanye and Nicki situation) then i'll be happy. But why would we want a million first week then a 120% drop second week to something shit?

Not to mention C3 is his only album to sell a million first week so I think we can't just assume he'll always do those numbers? He won't do a million in my opinion on how everythings working in the industry these days, no way will he. But hey if some people think he will then that's all good, I'm not hating, just stating why I think realisticly he won't do that.

Comment

Does it ever occur to you people that Wayne is a more popular rapper today than Eminem?

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisBLawyer View Post
                    Does it ever occur to you people that Wayne is a more popular rapper today than Eminem?
                    Today? You're wrong, very wrong. I would've said yes around 2007-2009. But right now? You've got to be joking lol.

Comment

Why are people so unrealistic when it comes to predicting album sales? I mean, come on, 300k is extremely unlikely and 1 mill is also extremely unlikely. Somewhere in the 600-700k range is a lot more plausible if you ask me.

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
                      http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisBLawyer View Post
                        Lol. No.

Originally posted by EastsideBoi89 View Post
                        It doesn't matter what you do 1st week. It matters what you do after. Ex. Lady Gaga, she only sold like 50k her 1st week and ended up selling 10 Milli worldwide
                        this.
                        or Illmatic sold about 60k first week and now it sold millions of copies and is a fucking classic.

I don't get why all of you care so much about album sales. I want a motherfucking great album and not a shitty mainstream album that's selling a million in the first week...
                        I would not mind if the album is a classic and sells a million, but I don't want another "Lollipop"
                        good music > mainstream success

and btw Im good with 500k first week lol
                        THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

Originally posted by IceMan View Post
                          Lol. No.

this.
                          or Illmatic sold about 60k first week and now it sold millions of copies and is a fucking classic.

I don't get why all of you care so much about album sales. I want a motherfucking great album and not a shitty mainstream album that's selling a million in the first week...
                          I would not mind if the album is a classic and sells a million, but I don't want another "Lollipop"
                          good music > mainstream success

and btw Im good with 500k first week lol
                          Two words: Co-sign

^^ Created by Jake_YMCMB

Comment

Working...
                          X