• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Tha Carter IV Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Kronnick View Post
    ++++:

6'7' video, really cant wait.

Dig.Booklet, most likely, and hell yeah.

Maybe an additional promotional-type attachment?

Need somethin else to play right after 6'7' soon, maybe a "holiday" gift from wayne, or new year's gift?
    i would like a Wayne Christmas song... Kanye made one.

Comment

Nar fuck a christmas song lol.

Comment

Originally posted by theeaglesfan005 View Post
        i would like a Wayne Christmas song... Kanye made one.
        Maybe not necessarily a "Christmas" song, hell i'll settle for a feature on saturday, or for new year's.

next single maybe early to mid January? feels right to me.

Comment

Wayne doesn't seem like that type of artist......to make a christmas song.....I wish he was though...Haha.....I just can't wait to see what C4 does.....none of us know.....

*Oh yea Eminem is more popular than lil wayne* thats not an opinion...look at Youtube Views, Facebook Friends, Twitter Friends.....When Em released his worst album it sold 600k.....his fans supports financially too....Wayne has fans that don't buy his shit and those fans don't count when we talking about popular...
          Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
            Wayne doesn't seem like that type of artist......to make a christmas song.....I wish he was though...Haha.....I just can't wait to see what C4 does.....none of us know.....

*Oh yea Eminem is more popular than lil wayne* thats not an opinion...look at Youtube Views, Facebook Friends, Twitter Friends.....When Em released his worst album it sold 600k.....his fans supports financially too....Wayne has fans that don't buy his shit and those fans don't count when we talking about popular...
            NOT NECESSARY

Comment

I know right, that dude is retarded. How can he say fans who don't support financially don't count? Popularity is more about word-of-mouth than anything...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisBLawyer View Post
                Does it ever occur to you people that Wayne is a more popular rapper today than Eminem?
                Can we stop kidding ourselves?
                Eminem love or hate him is for many million people all over the world the greatest rapper of all time.Man last year in Vibe took 300.000 more votes than 2Pac as the best ever.
                Last month he had a concert in Brazil and 70.000 people were there for him with rain!
                If Eminem had 741.000 in the first week of Recovery it's not realistic to expect Weezy has 800k.
                And don't compare other years.2008 is different from 2010-11.Economy now is shit.Worst!
                I believe 500k are good.

Comment

6Yeah people vote him as the best ever because they are the most stannish fans of all time, people who dont listen to any other rappers are fans of Eminem. Hes the only white rapper of that status so all the white dudes who dont really like hip hop love him. Dont try saying im racist or nothing im half white. Generally people who listen to Eminem dont like any other rappers, they are just stans.

But stop talking about Eminem wtf.

C4.....

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
                    6Yeah people vote him as the best ever because they are the most stannish fans of all time, people who dont listen to any other rappers are fans of Eminem. Hes the only white rapper of that status so all the white dudes who dont really like hip hop love him. Dont try saying im racist or nothing im half white. Generally people who listen to Eminem dont like any other rappers, they are just stans.

But stop talking about Eminem wtf.

C4.....
                    We speak about sales and you are right,they are stans.But stans make the difference for him.
                    And Weezy made a mistake imo with Rebirth and I'm not a Human being.People will wait with larger impatience C4 with out those two albums.

Comment

Damn I hope Wayne has some R&B on this album.

Comment

My two favorite rappers are Lil Wayne and Eminem. I think Eminem and Wayne are too different, but Eminem is more constant on quality songs, whereas Wayne put out a lot of songs and most of them are normal or bad. But that's not the fact, both are fire, they are the best rappers at the moment for me. But what make Eminem the best rapper right now for the majority is that he really tells stories, his life, in an awesome and different way. Whereas Lil Wayne he's crazy, has mad punchline, funny lines, and sometimes meanfull songs, but they are on top for different reason. And what make Eminem great is the most commercial thing about a "real rapper", I mean, telling stories. Plus, the fact that he's white keeps his originality, no matter what he does. I personally think the only comun point between the two are the fact that they are funny, and they have awesome worldplay and punclines, managed in a charismatic way. After that, they are too different to compare them.
                        I personaly thinks that if Wayne would have continue rap after CIII, without making Rebirth and all that shit, he would be recognized as a charismatic rap legend. But now, with Rebirth, and all the 2009-2010 era when he put himself at the back to let shine Drake and Nicki, he has to show he still the beast,the martian. I say this cause I think that "being real" is an important thing in hiphop,and for the majority a little thing can broke that, like experimenting a rock album. So the fact that guys like Em or Jay Z didn't made anything but rap, kept them in hiphop recognized like "real" and that helped them to keep good sales.

Comment

800k+ all day till that first week runs out, then i'll admit poor judgements/speculations.

until then, great expectations for the next/final? carter installment. one song with a double feature, one song with a 2 verses:1 feature, one song with a back and forth feature, then maybe 2 or so songs with features on the hooks/bridges? and of course a classic 3+min wayne verse with a couple (pause)'s?

Comment

Working...
                          X