X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Since Wayne has Ultimately

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post
    Fucking Dead.

Yeah, I don't agree with that statement either. He is better than Pac and Big.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportz View Post
      No, I don't disagree with the definition; that is an accurate definition of a sell out. I just don't agree that Lil Wayne fits that definition.
      right, that's what i was trying to say.

so, who then, if not lil wayne, would fit that description to you?
      http://scroogemcdope.tumblr.com/
      if you're on tumblr, follow my blog & i'll follow back!

Comment

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post
        Fucking Dead.

my opinion
        Follow Me on Twitter @iAmQueHefner ---- I Follow back!

^^^^^^^This Wayne must come back

Comment

Originally posted by ScHeEzZ View Post
          right, that's what i was trying to say.

so, who then, if not lil wayne, would fit that description to you?
          Nobody, actually. The definition of "artist" implies freedom in the artist's art, so I don't believe that sell outs exist. Subconsciously, an artist may make a song to cater to a particular audience, but that does not mean it isn't what he or she wanted to do. I feel that selling out implies that the sole reason for making a specific type of song was to gain money and/or fans. When you watch Lil Wayne sing How to Love, Lollipop, or Got Money live you can easily tell that he didn't make those songs just for making money and new fans.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMH View Post
            I didn't say it was rock, I was saying he is/was trying to get the attention of rock listeners
            I didn't aim that at you.

Comment

Originally posted by @RealDeal_McNeal View Post
              If wanting to go down for being known for more than one of the greatest rappers... then yes wayne has sold out and if he does do a pop album i wont be mad lol ill listen but ill be like

"He didnt make that shit for me.. thats not what i like" oh well maybe other ppl will like it

but like he said he will keep rapping cause he know we like that shit.

Call Wayne what you want but he the best alive. only Pac beats Weezy in my book...Wayne and BIG are equal imo.
              So you do agree he's a sell out

But hey, I ain't mad about that shit, that's where all y'all got it twisted
              Im cool with him being a sell out
              He can do that shit, and there are plenty of songs he uses to try & get attention of other people that I like.
              But don't go and tell me he does it because he doesn't give a fuck what people think about him/his music

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Originally posted by Cody View Post
              I didn't aim that at you.
              Lol you quoted me so i was like huh what?

Comment

So you do agree he's a sell out

But hey, I ain't mad about that shit, that's where all y'all got it twisted
                Im cool with him being a sell out
                He can do that shit, and there are plenty of songs he uses to try & get attention of other people that I like.
                But don't go and tell me he does it because he doesn't give a fuck what people think about him/his music
                Every song he makes is to get attention. If it wasn't, he wouldn't be making songs. And that goes for every artist. In fact, that goes for every profession (though not specific to songs).

Comment

Wait how long ago was No Ceilings??? was that him selling out?
                  Oh he is still doing "Carter's" so he forgot his roots?
                  oh another Dedication is coming?

i dont understand the sell-out part. talk to me cause im not ignorant ill listen to your points
                  Follow Me on Twitter @iAmQueHefner ---- I Follow back!

^^^^^^^This Wayne must come back

Comment

Nobody, actually. The definition of "artist" implies freedom in the artist's art, so I don't believe that sell outs exist. Subconsciously, an artist may make a song to cater to a particular audience, but that does not mean it isn't what he or she wanted to do. I feel that selling out implies that the sole reason for making a specific type of song was to gain money and/or fans. When you watch Lil Wayne sing How to Love, Lollipop, or Got Money live you can easily tell that he didn't make those songs just for making money and new fans.
                    to each his own, man. to me, that's exactly what has happened.

i want c2/da drought 3 wayne back, no more bullshit auto tune or songs for the ladies or even generic club bangers with recycled "We in the building.." or "Life's a bitch.." lines. i want to hear crack over wax.
                    http://scroogemcdope.tumblr.com/
                    if you're on tumblr, follow my blog & i'll follow back!

Comment

Originally posted by @RealDeal_McNeal View Post
                      Wait how long ago was No Ceilings??? was that him selling out?
                      Oh he is still doing "Carter's" so he forgot his roots?
                      oh another Dedication is coming?

i dont understand the sell-out part. talk to me cause im not ignorant ill listen to your points
                      My oh my. Reread the OP.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

Lol you quoted me so i was like huh what?
                      That's why I spaced that out lol

Comment

Every song he makes is to get attention. If it wasn't, he wouldn't be making songs. And that goes for every artist. In fact, that goes for every profession (though not specific to songs).
                        Other people, meaning people who wouldn't listen to wayne if he just made Hip Hop records.

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

Originally posted by Cody View Post

That's why I spaced that out lol
                        lol I'm stupid

Comment

Originally posted by ScHeEzZ View Post
                          to each his own, man. to me, that's exactly what has happened.

i want c2/da drought 3 wayne back, no more bullshit auto tune or songs for the ladies or even generic club bangers with recycled "We in the building.." or "Life's a bitch.." lines. i want to hear crack over wax.
                          Well, I can't say that I want that Wayne back because I like the "new" Wayne a lot also, but I will tell you that C2 and DD3 are both amazing. And I do agree that the "We in the building" and "Life's a bitch" lines need to go. He needs to stop with the "I beat the pussy up" as well. The only lines I enjoy hearing over and over again are the "Weezy F Baby and the F is for," "Long hair, don't care," "It's the remix baby," and "Young Mulah, baby."

Comment

Working...
                          X