Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wayne Died in 09 Would He Have Been Considered The Best Period?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More like 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by breezy214 View Post
      More like 2007.
      Naw, I think 2009 is fine.

Rebirth would've definitely gotten a pass if Wayne had died. Hell, people might have ACTUALLY listened to it instead of going into it thinking, "wtf is this gangsta rapper doing tryna rock? Fail!" before even playing the first track.

And I honestly don't think his lack of guitar skills or surplus of autotune would have taken anything away from his legacy. His lyrical skill and unparalleled wit were second to none through it all. If anything those two criticisms just showed his aspiration to be more than simply, "a rapper."

Idk. That's how I see it, anyway.

Though he won't admit it, I think the criticism of those things put him in a stagnant space where he feels like he has to simply rap, because his fans are too close-minded to let him do him without cursing him to hell.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

I would rather have wayne live on for his family, then die in his prime just to silence a few haters.

Comment

Well other than music, we would have remembered him as the syrup sippin dude and not the trukfit skater

Comment

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
            Naw, I think 2009 is fine.

Rebirth would've definitely gotten a pass if Wayne had died. Hell, people might have ACTUALLY listened to it instead of going into it thinking, "wtf is this gangsta rapper doing tryna rock? Fail!" before even playing the first track.

And I honestly don't think his lack of guitar skills or surplus of autotune would have taken anything away from his legacy. His lyrical skill and unparalleled wit were second to none through it all. If anything those two criticisms just showed his aspiration to be more than simply, "a rapper."

Idk. That's how I see it, anyway.

Though he won't admit it, I think the criticism of those things put him in a stagnant space where he feels like he has to simply rap, because his fans are too close-minded to let him do him without cursing him to hell.
            I somewhat agree and respuct your opinion, but 2008 was such a dissapointing year compared to 07 and I believe if he died in 08 he wouldn't have been considered the best. 09 gets a slight pass due to NC.

Comment

if he dies 20 years from now then he will still be considered the best in my eyes period

Comment

I dont think no one will replace Biggie and Big L as the best rappers ever in my eyes tho, Biggie could tell a story and make you feel like you're watchin it on dvd, and Big L was the originator and king of punchlines
                "2 smacks on her ass every time she moans, bust a nut, toss the rubber and skateboard home"

Comment

Yea....his last few projects really messed up his catalog...The best (one of for sure)...He is gonna be a legend but not one of the best......if that makes sense.....It's like he would make the Hall of Fame but not considered in the top 10.....but as an Icon Wayne is top ten just not career wise...(IMO)
                  Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

our boy wayne already accomplished being the best rapper
                    now he going for that best music artist achievement

Comment

More like 2008, and even that's a HUGE maybe. He's always gonna be my favorite, but I definitely can't see the elitists considering him the best period at any point in his career

Favorite year for Wayne music is 2006 btw
                      "Armed and dangerous, rich and famous, young and restless
                      Guns and stretchers
                      Cristal and dubs for breakfast
                      I just got one suggestion - none should test him
                      'Cause cuz get hectic; send one through your sons intestines
                      Glocks knock lungs from chests, you get the portrait?
                      Bodies piled up on porches, it won't be gorgeous"

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhiph0p View Post
                        I'm sick of reading those excuses. When I hate someone on the rap game it's not because they are famous or because I know they are talented?

It's because most people only hear about Lollipop, Knockout and I Can Only Imagine and I don't blame them for hating that music. If they heard his underrated mixtape songs they would propably change their mind if they are adult enough to admit how great he was. For me, I wouldnt go around searching for someones mixtapes and albums if I heard terrible songs of them either.

Also, he has made alot of fails known to most people. He picked up a guitar and played it around huge concerts sounding AWFUL, he picked up the autotune and sounded bad on alot of songs because of it, he did the westwood freestyle (enough said), and THEN, after alot of bullshit he decided to cover one of 2pac's most famous songs of all time.
                        The fuck you talkin bout nigga... I said that for a reason bout some niggas hating him for no reason. I asked one of my friends why they hate Wayne and that nigga said no reason he just does, then he clearly stated that if any other rapper did that exact song he'd like it... I aint say that for no reason, I had a reason for that line I said.

And yea he did.. That guitar and autotune era where he went in with it like in lollipop & shit, he wasnt helping his catalog. People look at him more for those kinda mistakes rather than appreciate the huge impact and classic old shit he's given us tho.

Originally posted by TygaPride View Post
                        Pac made a song liek that and its still better then anything Lil Wayne ever released
                        Whats the name of the song? I'll judge it.. doubt it's better than ANYTHING he released but iight.

And what [MENTION=7009]Cli-City[/MENTION] said.. Wayne prob wont scrape it as one of the greatest (he could) but he def will go down as a legend for everything he did.

Comment

Originally posted by YM Salute View Post
                          The fuck you talkin bout nigga... I said that for a reason bout some niggas hating him for no reason. I asked one of my friends why they hate Wayne and that nigga said no reason he just does, then he clearly stated that if any other rapper did that exact song he'd like it... I aint say that for no reason, I had a reason for that line I said.

And yea he did.. That guitar and autotune era where he went in with it like in lollipop & shit, he wasnt helping his catalog. People look at him more for those kinda mistakes rather than appreciate the huge impact and classic old shit he's given us tho.

Whats the name of the song? I'll judge it.. doubt it's better than ANYTHING he released but iight.

And what @Cli-City said.. Wayne prob wont scrape it as one of the greatest (he could) but he def will go down as a legend for everything he did.

Comment

Working...
                          X