Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wayne Died in 09 Would He Have Been Considered The Best Period?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No but he would be considered a mixtape legend and he would have the respect he actually deserves.

Comment

just a rap legend from 00 era but not the greatest of all time
      Download beats and instrumentals @ instromusic.com

Comment

If he dies today he would be the remembered as the best even with the hate. Death makes people think more of people. (Pac,B.I.G)

They next one to die out of Jay z,Nas and Wayne will be called the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Yunglilbomb View Post
          I dont think no one will replace Biggie and Big L as the best rappers ever in my eyes tho, Biggie could tell a story and make you feel like you're watchin it on dvd, and Big L was the originator and king of punchlines
          and Biggie was the king of flow...Nas too.

pac's only a legend because he got shot. real talk.
          .................... ....................

Comment

His career would have been different if c3 didn't leak

Comment

To who, though? General audience: maybe. Music critics: no. Other rappers: no.

He had a lot of haters before 09, though.

Comment

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
                Other rappers: no.
                most rappers are fans of wayne

Comment

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
                  To who, though? General audience: maybe. Music critics: no. Other rappers: no.

He had a lot of haters before 09, though.
                  Sounds like you have 09 confused with today. Wayne was coming off of a critically acclaimed album and everyone who was anyone complimented him. He had a lot of haters, but they weren't loud enough yet.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

People don't understand that it doesn't matter what he does now. He DOMINATED the rap game for 3-4 years, and then decided "Fuck it, I'm gonna expand my music". He had no competition during this time, he already told his story and showed he had a crazy combination of different flows and raw lyrics. He's made so many different types of rap songs and was literally getting bored with the rap game.

And just a few months ago he decides to drop a mixtape. NO ONE on his level of super stardom does that shit. And even though I don't think it was that good, he clearly enjoys skating more then rapping at this point and just made it for his fans so I can respect that.

I think it's funny that people can actually sit there and act like the dude wasn't their favorite rapper at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
                      most rappers are fans of wayne
                      I'm a fan of Wayne. I don't consider him the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by __cas__ View Post
                        People don't understand that it doesn't matter what he does now. He DOMINATED the rap game for 3-4 years, and then decided "Fuck it, I'm gonna expand my music". He had no competition during this time, he already told his story and showed he had a crazy combination of different flows and raw lyrics. He's made so many different types of rap songs and was literally getting bored with the rap game.

And just a few months ago he decides to drop a mixtape. NO ONE on his level of super stardom does that shit. And even though I don't think it was that good, he clearly enjoys skating more then rapping at this point and just made it for his fans so I can respect that.

I think it's funny that people can actually sit there and act like the dude wasn't their favorite rapper at one point.
                        True.

But not everybody knows that, and thinks he sucks.

And now that the internet plays a big role in hip hop right now, hip hop has expanded even bigger.

The South doesn't control everything now.

The internet allowed many rappers to get big.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhiph0p View Post
                          I'm sick of reading those excuses. When I hate someone on the rap game it's not because they are famous or because I know they are talented?

It's because most people only hear about Lollipop, Knockout and I Can Only Imagine and I don't blame them for hating that music. If they heard his underrated mixtape songs they would propably change their mind if they are adult enough to admit how great he was. For me, I wouldnt go around searching for someones mixtapes and albums if I heard terrible songs of them either.

Also, he has made alot of fails known to most people. He picked up a guitar and played it around huge concerts sounding AWFUL, he picked up the autotune and sounded bad on alot of songs because of it, he did the westwood freestyle (enough said), and THEN, after alot of bullshit he decided to cover one of 2pac's most famous songs of all time.
                          if it wasnt for that shit he wouldn't be where he is

Comment

Working...
                          X