No announcement yet.

the art of falling off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that was a great read. He speaks the truth.

Shawty got some real good P'nuss
    If that shit stink, then she need to di'nush

Comment

OP deserves vet status...prime example of a difference between a fan and a stan. Very good read.

Comment

Agreed. I still believe he is the best but his music just is not the same as any PRE jail shit. I think the beat thing he could just use one from back in the day and he would be fine but maybe he don't want to

Comment

I agree with everything.

But atleast we're lucky enough to have a discography full of album sessions.

C3 Sessions themselves is about what... 3 or 4 average length albums long?

We have so much material from his best years

Atleast he is still alive...

I'm glad I wasn't a Tupac stan, because if Wayne died in his best years, there would be a straight hole in my life

Comment

Originally posted by StevenHTX View Post
            I agree with everything.

But atleast we're lucky enough to have a discography full of album sessions.

C3 Sessions themselves is about what... 3 or 4 average length albums long?

We have so much material from his best years

Atleast he is still alive...

I'm glad I wasn't a Tupac stan, because if Wayne died in his best years, there would be a straight hole in my life
            damn that was real , i heard some others praying that wayne had died back in 2008 so he would never fell off his throne. even though it might be true...you don't want someone to die...that's freaky.

Comment

Thanks breezy214. Much appreciated bro. Can't stress enough what a fan I actually am. His fire years (2005-2010 IMO) were unprecedented. I always tell people: pick pretty much any tape or album from that era (except rebirth, which doesn't even count because it isnt rap - couple of ill songs tho anyway) and it'll be absolute magic: drought 3, dedications 1 & 2, c2, c3, no ceilings... And I saved the best for last: the c3 sessions. I honestly believe the c3 sessions is one of the most interesting, amazing bodies of work - unreleased or released - by any artist from any time. It is that rare example of an imagination at white heat, the absolute epitome of a person flying as close to their creative sun as possible without getting completely incinerated! The fact that all of that work culminated in the actual c3 album seems almost incidental... any 16 of those songs could've been c3, lol. But anyway I'm rambling. Point is: Wayne ain't even flying near the sun now. He's back on earth.. with his designer shades on so he doesn't have to deal with it. lol. but of course i'll still buy his shit and download his tapes, because that's what we do, right? I don't mind paying 15 bucks to hear what the nigga been up to... good or bad.

Comment

Working...
              X