No announcement yet.

Dedication 5!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Def a step in the right direction the tape has wayne actually trying and not pretending to be great

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mode View Post
      its definitely been hard to believe, its been a string of releases, that havent hit the way this has. the doubt is real. and justified, but i think.. just as a wayne fan.. u gotta know when you hear it.. when hes on to something. i wasnt expecting much either, but from the first song, i thought he was in a fly space.

yah, i think i seen him mention that, but lol its so many lame rappers out there, id much rather listen to wayne rap well, than hear some of these boring ass albums.

- - - Updated - - -

im really interested in how this tape is gonna be reviewed, its almost like wayne is reentering the conversation w kanye and jay z, and providing some actual art for the discussion.

im hoping reviews like brandon here arent the norm, cos thatd be lame. his score is morreflective of the climate, where young kids are putting together original tapes, waynes never made so far gone, or anything like it. so to expect him to put something like that together now, sounds kind of farfetched.

i thought his beat selection on this tape, was the best its been in awhile. all things considered, he left nothing to be desired. as far as beats go. he rapped on everything he couldve/shouldve rapped on.
      Yeah that review was weird. Wayne is known for going on others beats. If you're going into a Wayne mixtape, that's what you should expect. Especially if said mixtape is part of an established series.

I could see if this was a new series. He's probably one of those niggaz that count the DIO series as official Wayne tapes.

I meant to ask what you think of Kendrick.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tunechi Lionches View Post
        Niggas sleeping on Itchin' tho.

I wasn't big on it on my initial listening 'cause I was expecting him to rap about something totally different

But that second listen

That fuckin' corner store
        Itchin is one of my favourites on D5 .. Something about it reminds of old Wayne for some reason.

Comment

I wasn't big on it on my initial listening 'cause I was expecting him to rap about something totally different

But that second listen

I been talking bout that since the tape dropped

Comment

• Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
            Yeah that review was weird. Wayne is known for going on others beats. If you're going into a Wayne mixtape, that's what you should expect. Especially if said mixtape is part of an established series.

I could see if this was a new series. He's probably one of those niggaz that count the DIO series as official Wayne tapes.

I meant to ask what you think of Kendrick.

man, kendrick is af ull conversation, cos i think ehs very good. but hes never been for me. i wasnt into section 80, im not into good kid madd city.

i know he has good songs, i know hes a great rapper, but he just doesnt move it for me.

then especially so, when he gets this credit for being lyrical..

when im listenign to this dude zeroh, who completely dust kendrick lamar, and im like naww.. i just rather listen to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by mode View Post
              man, kendrick is af ull conversation, cos i think ehs very good. but hes never been for me. i wasnt into section 80, im not into good kid madd city.

i know he has good songs, i know hes a great rapper, but he just doesnt move it for me.

then especially so, when he gets this credit for being lyrical..

when im listenign to this dude zeroh, who completely dust kendrick lamar, and im like naww.. i just rather listen to this.
              True. Kinda how I feel. He gets a bit too much praise to me. I know he's a great rapper, but it doesn't seem like anything he does is... Untouchable. Idk. Hard to explain.

Comment

• Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
                True. Kinda how I feel. He gets a bit too much praise to me. I know he's a great rapper, but it doesn't seem like anything he does is... Untouchable. Idk. Hard to explain.

its especially hard, when everything he does, is rooted in wayne. in some way another, that voice, and that hunger on control is texttboook wayne from the early days. so its like ahh, to see kendrick get love over stuff that wayne originated,

it is weird, idk.

Comment

But that second listen

Love that song

Comment

• "And old folks get shot too, they write down license plates"

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny M View Post
                      "And old folks get shot too, they write down license plates"

Damn, leave no witnesses.

Comment

• Itchin' is on my head all day... idk why theres some people who didnt like it, i loved that song

Comment

• Originally posted by luciana View Post
                          Itchin' is on my head all day... idk why theres some people who didnt like it, i loved that song

I liked it but i think Pure Colombia is the best song on there.

Comment

Working...
                          X