Why does Ye Get A Pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StevenHTX View Post
    Well I would say that Kanye is a more controversial artist. Nobody looks at Kanye and Wayne the same way since they are very different and look at music a different way. The biggest risk Wayne took was obviously Rebirth, and kayne was 808s, but if you look at both of those projects, I mean Rebirth is clearly the more riskier route. 808s is easier to listen to for true hip hop fans as oppose to Wayne fanatics that might have a hard time transitioning to an album like Carter 2 to a completely different genre. As far as fashion goes, Kanye is a trend setter, you might not see it because a lot of people on this website don't really pay attention to fashion, but that's just from my perspective. Kanye just likes to be different and as I've said before, controversial even if he claims to hate the attention etc. Kanye hasn't fallen off lyrically, he just wanted to take a minimalistic route for Yeezus. I really agree with you, the lyrics could have been better, however you can't say C4, D4, or even Human Being 2 is lyrically better than Yeezus, I really don't see how you could think that. His worse lyrism on Yeezus was I'm In it, that's the only song I would even consider comparing to Wayne 2011-Present. Wayne is Wayne, he is going to get hated for everything. Kanye is seen as more of an icon because he raps and produces, in a relationship with Kim Kardashian, has a lot of issues with the media. so people will give him chances because they take Kanye more seriously. That's just how I see it.
    Look at the bolds and the responses to each will be numbered.

1) What?... Jesus Walks? Gold Digger? College Dropout as an album? You cannot tell me Kanye has not fallen off lyrically from then to now. For example, Watch The Throne was a giant letdown considering the two artists that were together on the track. Look up Kanye on Rap City that was dope compared to what we have now. Kanye's best song off Yeezus is arguably Bound 2.

2) Only song compared to Wayne 2011-present? Okay if we're talking about lyricism I'm ignoring it having to be strictly rap and going with How To Love. That shit was really deep, lyrics and everything. He did NOT go off topic once about pussy or anything, and on top of that, the music video sealed that. And Mirror off C4? Those were deep shit.

3) They're both icons. Both have exceeded the boundaries of Hip Hop and expanded to other genres.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lil Waynes Height View Post
    Wayne is so repetitive now. All of kanyes albums get critical acclaim and they all sound completely different.
    ...What? So Kanye gets critical acclaim just because they sound completely different. That does not make an album good or not. If Kanye produced a shit album, which quite frankly Yeezus wasn't horrible but it was shit compared to MBDTF in 2010, you're saying it'll get praised if it was "different"?

Technically, Carter 3 to Carter 4 was different, Wayne didn't get praise for that. Rebirth was much different as well, Wayne got mixed reviews. Obviously it was hard to hear and shit to most but if you get passed that, the lyrics are great on Rebirth. What I'm saying is that Kanye shouldn't get praised just for creating an album that's..... different. That makes no sense whatsoever. Honestly, MBDTF was the best thing he's done in years and out of Watch The Throne, Cruel Summer, and Yeezus, I enjoyed his work on Cruel Summer the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhiph0p View Post
      Naah as an artist all in all Wayne goes over any rapper. As a rapper he is far away from the best alive
      Nah man Kanye does pop,rap,& rap/screamo better than wayne does. Wayne is a better rapper tho. Kanye himself said wayne ia the best RAPPER (and he emphasized rapper) alive,theres a reasom why kanye disnt say wayne was the beat artist,ots because kanye thinks of himself as the best artost.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaff View Post
        Nah man Kanye does pop,rap,& rap/screamo better than wayne does. Wayne is a better rapper tho. Kanye himself said wayne ia the best RAPPER (and he emphasized rapper) alive,theres a reasom why kanye disnt say wayne was the beat artist,ots because kanye thinks of himself as the best artost.
        If Kanye does it better, but Wayne is the best rapper. What makes Kanye better? The beats?

Kanye doesn't hop on hundred of features every year while touring and releasing mixtapes and albums. Only Wayne does that and it proves him to be the better artist in my eyes.
        Take it out the wrapper, sit it on the stove
        Break a gram off and put it in my bitch nose
        She tells me how it feels, she's numb, she's froze
        Bitch! wake up and help me cook these o's
        I gotta get my cake up see all I eat is dough
        I'm a dangerous mothafucka watch your feets, your toes

Comment

Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post
          if you hate Wayne with a passion you are so cool and following the trend.

if you like wayne you are lame as fuck and doesn't have a clue about music cause all lil wayne songs are like got money, rich as fuck, the motto and lollipop.
          That's very true

- - - Updated - - -

If he would've put out original Carter 3, original Carter 4 and ICFMF, then he'd probably have the same amount of haters as Kanye or maybe even less.

Comment

Kanye west fans feel the opposite, they think that yeezy gets all the undeserved hate while wayne gets praised for everything he does, you just need to change your point of view

Comment

Originally posted by sugarcanechristian View Post
              Kanye west fans feel the opposite, they think that yeezy gets all the undeserved hate while wayne gets praised for everything he does, you just need to change your point of view
              That makes no sense.

1. IANAHB 2 was a flop (sales)
              2. Emmit Till situation
              3. Mountain Dew situation
              4. Flag situation
              5. D4 was worst post-jail mixtape (he only had 2 mixtapes, but still S4TW was nice)
              6. Skating
              8. Wayne haters are worse than Ye haters
              7. Wen he was about to die haters was still talkin shit

Kanye West:

1. Yeezus was Kanye's worst album ever (imo), but got praised for it
              2. Media crucified him like they did Christ and he can rap about it and get praised
              3. Type to talk shit, and it be words of wisdom
              4. If he was dying nobody would talk shit

Comment

Still though, Kanye west is getting scorned at for the Parkinson line in the song On Sight, plus the whole Taylor Swift thing from a couple years ago got ye more hate than everything Waynes done combined. Im not saying that Wayne isnt getting more hate lately but I think that a lot of celebrities have their time where everyone hates on

Comment

If Kanye does it better, but Wayne is the best rapper. What makes Kanye better? The beats?

Kanye doesn't hop on hundred of features every year while touring and releasing mixtapes and albums. Only Wayne does that and it proves him to be the better artist in my eyes.
                  My bad, i sidnt mean he RAPS better than Weezy,but as an overall Artist ,Kanye is better. I mean when Kanye tries out new stuff,he excels at it,when wayne trya new stuff...he kinda sucks at it,but in Rap skill wayne beats kanye.

Do you get it?

Comment

Hopping on everybodies track does no make you a good artist. It just means he either has a lot of friends he does features for, or gets paid a lot for his features and hops onto them.

Also mixtapes? Lets be real, the big hip-hop artist of our generation Jay-Z, Eminem, Drake, and Kanye don't drop mixtapes anymore and look how big they are. They are still relevant and get more respect from the consumers than the industry that Wayne has ever received. In my opinion Wayne is dope and Kanye is dope but when it comes to being an Artist, Wayne isn't the artist he once was. He chooses a beat, raps on it and then moves on. Might clean it up a bit, but leaves it. Kanye goes through every aspect of his song to perfect his sound.

Also if Eminem, Drake, Kanye, and Jay-Z drop an album in time for this coming Grammys (and lets not forget Kendrick) Wayne won't have a chance.

Tldr

Wayne is a great rapper, but that does not make him an amazing artist.

Comment

Working...
                    X