Wayne Vs. Kanye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
    Generally speaking, that's the one certifiable thing Kanye wins at.
    I mean in terms of rapping....

Comment

Originally posted by IgetMoney View Post
      In terms of experimental albums:
      Rebirth>Yeezus
      808's and Heartbreaks> IANAHB 1&2

In terms of music:
      C3 album and sessions> Kanye's entire discography
      yeezus>rebirth

Comment

You do realise Rebirth is not an experimental album? It's a rapper making a pop rock album.

In terms of music (not rap):
        MBDTF > Wayne's entire discography.
        Not really when an artist makes an album outside his genre I think it is an experimental project. And as far as Mbdtf I guess I need you to define what you mean when you say in terms of "music"

But if we really want to argue who had a bigger impact on music it has to be wayne. There is no one who comes close to doing with what he did with mixtapes. He gave people so much music for free when he was in his prime it is unbelievable. Kanye is a great producer one of my favorites but there are and have been great producers before.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lil Waynes Height View Post
        yeezus>rebirth
        yeezus maybe better than rebirth as a whole but drop the world and prom queen are better than anything on yeezus

Comment

Not really when an artist makes an album outside his genre I think it is an experimental project. And as far as Mbdtf I guess I need you to define what you mean when you say in terms of "music"

But if we really want to argue who had a bigger impact on music it has to be wayne. There is no one who comes close to doing with what he did with mixtapes. He gave people so much music for free when he was in his prime it is unbelievable. Kanye is a great producer one of my favorites but there are and have been great producers before.
          I don't think agree with your sentiments, but that's just semantics.
          And I mean just that: the music. Wayne's rapping ability on those songs is better than Kanye's, but in terms of production and themes and symbolism and nuance, MBDTF beats C3 Wayne.

And what do you mean by impact? Because Kanye shook up the rap game more than Wayne did if you ask me. Kanye was rapping in an era that was dominated by the typical gangsta rap image. Wayne didn't really break conventions (aside from putting effort into his mixtapes).

And to simply write off Kanye as a producer is doing him a disservice. Wayne has better bars, but overall Kanye makes much better music (he's cohesive, at the very least).

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Waynes Height View Post
            yeezus>rebirth
            in your opinion

Comment

And I mean just that: the music. Wayne's rapping ability on those songs is better than Kanye's, but in terms of production and themes and symbolism and nuance, MBDTF beats C3 Wayne.

And what do you mean by impact? Because Kanye shook up the rap game more than Wayne did if you ask me. Kanye was rapping in an era that was dominated by the typical gangsta rap image. Wayne didn't really break conventions (aside from putting effort into his mixtapes).
              And to simply write off Kanye as a producer is doing him a disservice. Wayne has better bars, but overall Kanye makes much better music (he's cohesive, at the very least).
              Hmmmm... Interesting point

Comment

Alright I get what you're saying

As far as albums go I'll give you C3 and MBDTF are neck and neck but for me what makes C3 so great was the whole movement that led up to an album. Meaning the mixtapes, the C3 session leaks, and even the Carter Documentary which came out after. MBDTF was a great album but C3 was bigger than just an album.

Again you're right kanye never tried to be a gangster rapper and he never conformed with rap culture. He definitely has made his mark in places such as fashion. However limiting Wayne's impact is just mixtapes discrediting him. Wayne clearly popularized getting tattooed head to toe (literally), drinking syrup (others before him but he made it popular), and I even think he made dreads more mainstream.

Ironically both copied t-pain with auto-tune and both did it were way better than him at using it.

anyway both are legends and what would have been interesting is if Wayne had went to the Roc around 2004ish and see all the music they could have to made together.

Comment

Alright I get what you're saying

As far as albums go I'll give you C3 and MBDTF are neck and neck but for me what makes C3 so great was the whole movement that led up to an album. Meaning the mixtapes, the C3 session leaks, and even the Carter Documentary which came out after. MBDTF was a great album but C3 was bigger than just an album.

Again you're right kanye never tried to be a gangster rapper and he never conformed with rap culture. He definitely has made his mark in places such as fashion. However limiting Wayne's impact is just mixtapes discrediting him. Wayne clearly popularized getting tattooed head to toe (literally), drinking syrup (others before him but he made it popular), and I even think he made dreads more mainstream.

Ironically both copied t-pain with auto-tune and both did it were way better than him at using it.

anyway both are legends and what would have been interesting is if Wayne had went to the Roc around 2004ish and see all the music they could have to made together.
                  Can't disagree with anything you said, although I think in the years after C3/MBDTF, Kanye's album wins; it is now seen as the crowning achievement of 21st century music; many critics and even fellow musicians (Lou Reed, Paul McCartney) have hailed it as one of the greatest albums ever made. Outside of the hip-hop industry I don/t think C3 gets mentioned.

Comment

they prolly have so much shit recorded together that isnt released

fuck i hate not having unreleased material

Comment

Originally posted by YM Salute View Post
                      they prolly have so much shit recorded together that isnt released

fuck i hate not having unreleased material
                      weezy did say in that semtex interview him and kanye did lots of music together
                      most likely it was just kanye beats though

Comment

Can't disagree with anything you said, although I think in the years after C3/MBDTF, Kanye's album wins; it is now seen as the crowning achievement of 21st century music; many critics and even fellow musicians (Lou Reed, Paul McCartney) have hailed it as one of the greatest albums ever made. Outside of the hip-hop industry I don/t think C3 gets mentioned.
                        Wayne's biggest fault is that most of his music isn't very timeless (one or two songs an album are though) but if he didn't make so much music his career would be dramatically different. He puts out an album and before you get bored with it you have a mixtape then features we have always have had a near constant stream of new wayne music that is part of how he has stayed relevant for at least a decade or so.

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
                          weezy did say in that semtex interview him and kanye did lots of music together
                          most likely it was just kanye beats though
                          truuu

but Kanye could've also hopped on those tracks too I feel since he loves/respects Wayne so much that he prolly wouldn't pass up the opportunity to record with him

Comment

Working...
                          X