Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy carter 2 more but illmatic is better

Comment

Illmatic, to me, is hands down classic. Especially with a debut album filled with classic rhymes and beats. Tha Carter II is dope, but I think Illmatic and Tha Carter II, as mentioned by many, are in two different worlds.

Instead of comparing it with a 90s' hip-hop classic, how about comparing it with albums that came out around its time? Like Young Jeezy's "Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101" or Little Brother's "The Minstrel Show"?

(IMO, "The Minstrel Show" > "Tha Carter II" > "Thug Motivation")

Comment

Originally posted by Woody_Black View Post
        Instead of comparing it with a 90s' hip-hop classic, how about comparing it with albums that came out around its time? Like Young Jeezy's "Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101" or Little Brother's "The Minstrel Show"?(IMO, "The Minstrel Show" > "Tha Carter II" > "Thug Motivation")
        naw brah

Comment

the fact this is even a debate is laughable , ILLMATIC The best album ever ... along with it was written

and ima wayne fan,But not wayne stan. Shows how dum sum fanbase websites are tho

and wayne mixtapes are better than his albums, Carter 2 vs GKMC Would b better comparison

Comment

Originally posted by aboss4real24 View Post
            and ima wayne fan,But not wayne stan.
            Careful, people are going to call you a hater for not loving every Wayne project he's released.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Waynes Height View Post
              Careful, people are going to call you a hater for not loving every Wayne project he's released.
              no we won't

Comment

Originally posted by WeezySVK View Post
                Ny state of mind >>>> any song on C2 tbh. Both are classics, sometime I enjoy listenin more C2 then Illmatic and sometime reverse but imo its rly hard to compare these two albums but I guess Illmatic is just better cuz it influence, status and its claimed to be the best rap album of all time.
                Take it out the wrapper, sit it on the stove
                Break a gram off and put it in my bitch nose
                She tells me how it feels, she's numb, she's froze
                Bitch! wake up and help me cook these o's
                I gotta get my cake up see all I eat is dough
                I'm a dangerous mothafucka watch your feets, your toes

Comment

Illmatic II is comming soon, I just saw the news
                  Me And Weezy Don't Like Haters, Do You? Agent P Gon' Kick Your Ass If You Hatin' On Weezy

Comment

Originally posted by aboss4real24 View Post
                    the fact this is even a debate is laughable , ILLMATIC The best album ever ... along with it was written

and ima wayne fan,But not wayne stan. Shows how dum sum fanbase websites are tho

and wayne mixtapes are better than his albums, Carter 2 vs GKMC Would b better comparison
                    ​repetition is the father of learning

Comment

They weren't even the same era... This is a stupid thread.

Comment

Reasonable Doubt > C2 and Illmatic put together.
                        המוסד למודיעין ולתפקידים מיוחדים

Comment

Working...
                        X