GLORY: is this the new wayne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLORY: is this the new wayne?

I think most of us will probably agree that "Glory" is Wayne's best track in many, many years. Yes, he had fleeting moments of brilliance since prison (you song, c.r.e.a.m., etc.) and then he released SFTW2 which was a massive step in the right direction.

Glory sounds like 2005-7 Wayne though. No question. Will the positive attention he receives for this song be enough to make him finally realize what he needs to do in order to be considered the best again? The greedy fan in me wants FWA to be all old school beats like this because they really bring out the best in wayne.

I just pray that FWA is made up of all Glory style flow and delivery. Wayne needs to realize his comfort zone and respect it. Only then will he be welcomed back as the best ever.

best track in many years? did you not hear hollyweezy, moment, or gotti? shit i like krazy just as much. its just that hook on krazy was bad.

Comment

Idc what anybody say

Glory > Any wayne track that has been released since 2010/2009

I hate them thirsty bitches
      Cut them off like circumcision
      -Lil Wayne

Comment

still not better than 6 foot tho

Comment

I don't really get into that "old Wayne blah blah blah" but Glory does sound like old Wayne.

Comment

yeah hollyweezy was dope, so was gotti... but krazy fucking sucked. sounds like it was off IANAHB2, just with slightly better lyrics. personally I just can't stand that hyped up faggot-ass flow. I like when wayne sounds chill.

I still say Glory is his best since the old days. I actually like it better than 6'7' also. better flow, doper lyrics IMO. sounds like canon part 2

Comment

Glory is no doubt incredible, i can hear some NC in there abit of everything tbh. I prefer it over 6'7' for sure, the delivery and feel is way more organic. The reason i love it so much is u couldnt what year its from, unlike every tune hes put out in the past year plus, but i defo hear an element of the beast that is wayne, wether its the syrup , hunger/emotion , intentional difference idk, but this track is a set aside the rest, i just hope its a preview of whats to come and not the best track on whatever material this is from. This track actually triggered thoughts of the tracks Outstanding , a track from the leak(not sure which one), a few more that have wriggled their way out ofy short term memory now but yh, i had to play some goat tracks yday. Im just hoping that this is gonna open the floodgates to waynes takeover,tez needs to plan this shit to the T tho,if they really want wayne to turn over them numbers in the future, the game is 100% different from what it used to be.
              The artificiak hype made me type like a knob.

Comment

Krazy was horrible

Too early to rate this track tho.

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

Glory sounds like it was recorded for c3 in 2008, but was just released now. That's how good it is. Comparing it to krazy is not fair, sure krazy had dope lyrics but glory was more complete of a song. Hollyweezy, Gotti and moment are close ones tho for sure. Oh yeah and d'usse.

It's Tunechi Homie, Master Of Ceremonies.

Comment

I really don't get the hype at all. Hollyweezy is much better. IDK maybe I'm bias because I'll always prefer mixtape weezy to album/project weezy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisheezy View Post
                      I really don't get the hype at all. Hollyweezy is much better. IDK maybe I'm bias because I'll always prefer mixtape weezy to album/project weezy.
                      Breh.. Hold this L.

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisBLawyer View Post
                        Breh.. Hold this L.
                        street runner would've made this a monster

Comment

Working...
                        X