• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 187JoshM187
    All I needed to read

opinion is automatically invalid. /thread

Comment

hey kreston you clearly dont know what you're talking about. take example this.

Them niggas never see me sweat
      And tell the press I’m not depressed, I just had to press reset
      I just had to get me set, and I’m not playin’ skip recess
      I’m a different Weezy and I’m drippin’ Fiji

dont even dare put this in your book or change your opinion on this song without crediting me. we know what type of wayne far you are now and i hope wayne see's this thread. fake ass

Comment

Grateful is an amazing song

Comment

Lolololllloloolol

Comment

You forgot to take your meds today didn't you ? 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by lilwayne-carter View Post

And tell the press I’m not depressed, I just had to press reset
              I just had to get me set, and I’m not playin’ skip recess
              I’m a different Weezy and I’m drippin’ Fiji

dont even dare put this in your book or change your opinion on this song without crediting me. we know what type of wayne far you are now and i hope wayne see's this thread. fake ass
              Reset and Recess are linked as well. This author obviously rushed to judgement to make a "wave" amongst Weezy fans. I get it, but he is far off. This song is filled with literary devices

Comment

Originally posted by Clcrak View Post
                Reset and Recess are linked as well. This author obviously rushed to judgement to make a "wave" amongst Weezy fans. I get it, but he is far off. This song is filled with literary devices
                exactly, and the whole first half of the second verse plays off a car metaphor

i pull up on em bumpin keith(sounds like key) sweat (pull up on em means with a car while he's bumping music)
                them niggas never seen me sweat (either means they've never seen him try or they simply can't see him "you can't see me" also playing on cars however because in his kind of cars you can't see him because the windows are tinted)
                and tell the press I'm not depressed
                i just had to press reset(playing off the key sound and off the phrase "press/push to start"..."tell the press I'm not depressed" could then also be translated tell the "press I'm not finished" because if press=start (which it does in a push to start foreign car)then DEpressed= finished)
                i just had to get me set(plays off getting ready to drive such as buckling up, fixing mirrors etc..) , and I'm not playing skip recess, (plays off pressing play and skip on the radio)

im a different weezy and I'm dripping fiji, in a lamborghini with the seats wet ( AND if you weren't sure if all of this was COINCIDENCE or not and if your just making reaches, he CONFIRMS the metaphor by saying at then end of the stanza "that he's a different weezy dripping fiji(either means he's still not sweating or he is sweating yal just can't see him in the car he's in driving in and the lane he's in), in a lamborghini with the seats wet" saying that yes in fact this whole verse has wordplay based off a car
                Last edited by jhoya101; 09-11-2016, 03:15 PM.

Comment

OP is an idiot

Why pick on somebody helpless
                  If you can't paint a picture on your own, you make a stain on sombody else's

Comment

What are you showing us? One-syllable rhymes??? That's supposed to be impressive? A two syllable rhyme "Weezy" / "Fiji"? or "reset" / "recess"? Really? When he so often rhymes 5, 8, 11, 12 syllables?

"press" de"press"ed "press"? This is a watered down version of what he's done so much better in the past, for example:
                    in I'm Raw, "scene" / "kerosene" / "seen"
                    and in Gotti, "I took the 'star' out of 'starvation", which actually has meaning [he overcame poverty].

There's nothing worth noting there. That's the kind of "wordplay" typical of other rappers who aren't in the same league as Wayne.

Really? That's the passage you cite? One/two syllable rhymes and a repeated word? Have No Worries (groan) about that going in a book.

And tell the press I�m not depressed, I just had to press reset
                    I just had to get me set, and I�m not playin� skip recess
                    I�m a different Weezy and I�m drippin� Fiji

Kreston Kent

Author of
                    The Literary Genius of Lil Wayne
                    #1 Rap Bestseller Amazon Paperback
                    #1 Rap Bestseller Amazon Kindle
                    #1 Music Bestseller Apple iBooks
                    #3 Arts & Entertainment Bestseller Apple iBooks

Comment

Originally posted by Kreston Kent View Post
                      What are you showing us? One-syllable rhymes??? That's supposed to be impressive? A two syllable rhyme "Weezy" / "Fiji"? or "reset" / "recess"? Really? When he so often rhymes 5, 8, 11, 12 syllables?

"press" de"press"ed "press"? This is a watered down version of what he's done so much better in the past, for example:
                      and in Gotti, "I took the 'star' out of 'starvation", which actually has meaning [he overcame poverty].

There's nothing worth noting there. That's the kind of "wordplay" typical of other rappers who aren't in the same league as Wayne.

Really? That's the passage you cite? One/two syllable rhymes and a repeated word? Have No Worries (groan) about that going in a book.
                      i dont care about the syllable rhyming in songs. this is a cash money diss song. wayne is telling CM they will never see him sweat and now that he's left them he is a changed person and is now dripping fiji

Comment

And that's what I said in the OP, if intelligent lyrics is not what you're listening for, fine. But for those of us who do, this was a big disappointment.

i dont care about the syllable rhyming in songs. this is a cash money diss song. wayne is telling CM they will never see him sweat and now that he's left them he is a changed person and is now dripping fiji

Kreston Kent

Author of
                        The Literary Genius of Lil Wayne
                        #1 Rap Bestseller Amazon Paperback
                        #1 Rap Bestseller Amazon Kindle
                        #1 Music Bestseller Apple iBooks
                        #3 Arts & Entertainment Bestseller Apple iBooks

Comment

Originally posted by Kreston Kent View Post

do you even listen to music or do you just skim thru it?

Comment

Working...
                          X