No announcement yet.

"Grateful" is the worst Weezy track in years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP you think moolah is better than grateful?

Comment

Originally posted by Kreston Kent View Post
      If you like the sound of "Grateful," fine; but, the lyrics are worthless.

Wayne has been at a career peak of creativity and lyricism with Dedication 5, S4TW2, Tha Carter V (released tracks), No Ceilings 2 and FWA. These have showcased unparalleled literary virtuosity. No one in rap can compete with Wayne's intelligence, on full display in those recent albums and mixtapes.

Even the widely panned "Off Day" actually had far more literary devices packed in than "Grateful," an absolute dud.

I guess some people listen to Weezy for reasons other than his lyrical genius, but for those of us who love to be surprised and delighted by his wordplay, puns, jokes, metaphors, extended rhymes, etc. etc. this song might as well not exist.
      every song doesn't need to be super lyrical with crazy rhyme schemes bruh. This was clearly not meant to be that kind of song which you can't seem to wrap your head around which is why I feel sorry for you because this is actually a dope song.

Comment

I can't even listen to the song tbh just gives me some 30 second trailer ass

So Tidal is the reason Wayne's shit don't get exposure 😉

Comment

Damn I get what dude is saying.

How are yaw not? He's not saying it doesn't have any importance or anything like that. He's just saying it's not as technically impressive, and that's fair.

You can't really break it down to show his genius in puttin' bars together outside of what he's actually saying. But that too is ok, because it's still Weezy. His performance just harkens back to an earlier Wayne. Plenty of wordplay and substance.

Wayne is a fuckin' megastar and folks listen to him for different reasons. That's something I've definitely come to learn after joining this site, kuz if anyone really cared about his pure ability and creativity the way I do, then last year would've been a party from start to finish for yaw. Or more folks would be able to appreciate Rebirth. Or folks would understand why IANAHB2 is so much better than C4. But nope.

Eh. Whatever. It's a dope song. It doesn't impress me any more than anything else he's dropped in the last year tho. Wish he had a third verse instead of Gudda(he did his thing, but it ain't fit for me).

It's not his worst song in a sense of not being a better song than others he's put out, just as a display of his skill with the English language.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

it blew up on Genius. People want Wayne back on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreston Kent View Post
              And that's what I said in the OP, if intelligent lyrics is not what you're listening for, fine. But for those of us who do, this was a big disappointment.
              Well you clearly don't care about the Artist himself even though you seem to have made quite a name based off HIS WORK. This song is personal. Sorry its not filled with literary jokes for you to jerk off to at night, guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
              Damn I get what dude is saying.

How are yaw not? He's not saying it doesn't have any importance or anything like that. He's just saying it's not as technically impressive, and that's fair.

You can't really break it down to show his genius in puttin' bars together outside of what he's actually saying. But that too is ok, because it's still Weezy. His performance just harkens back to an earlier Wayne. Plenty of wordplay and substance.

Wayne is a fuckin' megastar and folks listen to him for different reasons. That's something I've definitely come to learn after joining this site, kuz if anyone really cared about his pure ability and creativity the way I do, then last year would've been a party from start to finish for yaw. Or more folks would be able to appreciate Rebirth. Or folks would understand why IANAHB2 is so much better than C4. But nope.

Eh. Whatever. It's a dope song. It doesn't impress me any more than anything else he's dropped in the last year tho. Wish he had a third verse instead of Gudda(he did his thing, but it ain't fit for me).

It's not his worst song in a sense of not being a better song than others he's put out, just as a display of his skill with the English language.
              I feel so bad for you

Comment

I get what you're saying Kreston, but you can't solely judge a track based on lyrics and technique, you need to feel the track man, it's like you are listening to a song, but you're not hearing it right. Don't you feel emotions?

You're gonna tell me D4, S4TW2, D5, NC2, FWA songs are better than e.g. Something you forgot, just because of his rhyming technique?

C'mon man, you're losing credibility with these sayings. You need to feel the track, and not just the track, but surroundings of it, the time when it was released, under which circumstances.

So with all that said, it may not be his lyrical best, but you cannot say it's his worst track in years, solely based on that.

-100 respeck for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
                  Agree with this whole paragraph, but this last sentence just isn't adding up...please do tell me how it is "so much" better...keepin in mind c4 gave us 6ft 7ft, and nightmares of the bottom

Comment

Is he legit the real Kent though? Has this been proved?

Comment

Originally posted by Zodiac! View Post
                      Is he legit the real Kent though? Has this been proved?
                      yep thats the real him

Originally posted by MASTOZER View Post
                      I can't even listen to the song tbh just gives me some 30 second trailer ass

So Tidal is the reason Wayne's shit don't get exposure 
                      there's a download link in the downloads section on this forum

just download that like everyone else

tidal can get fucked, wayne needs to stop using that shit

Comment

I enjoy the song and that's all that matters to me

Comment

Ain't afraid to die I done done it already too cold coming after being in the news for seizures again

Comment

Working...
                          X