Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
    See, and I'd say

How to Hate (4/5 yaw don't like it but I never understood why not)
    Megaman (3.5/5)
    6'7' (5/5)
    Nightmares (4/5)
    John (4/5)
    Abortion (4/5)
    Mirror (4.5/5)
    Novacane (5/5)
    Up Up and Away (4/5)
    I'm Good (4.5/5)

vs

Days and Days (3.5/5)
    Gun Walk (4/5)
    Trigger Finger (4.5/5)
    Rich as Fuck (4.5/5)
    Back to You (4/5)
    Trippy (4/5)
    Beat the Shit (4/5 it's a dope song, I know it ain't popular here tho)
    God Bless Amerika (4.5/5)
    Shit Stains (4/5)
    Bitches Love Me (5/5)
    Curtains (4.5/5)
    I'm Good (5/5)
    Hot Revolver (4/5 the original was perfect but this one ain't bad)
    great song, and i agree with you saying bout c4, but thts a whoooole lotta 4 and ups for ianahb2...12 songs on one tape rated 4s or higher pretty much means its a classic which this certainly isnt... the only songs i can really see as being 4s or higher is trigger finger, back to you, love me, god bless amerika, and maybe raf...and even those songs don't have much replay value

Comment

S4TW is wayyyy underrated, I remember not liking it when it first came out, but now mannn he went hard on that tape

Comment

Now that don't make no sense Boi that don't make no sense (nah) ya need to take the bench ya NEEDS TO TAKE THE BENCH

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mnjaro View Post
        S4TW is wayyyy underrated, I remember not liking it when it first came out, but now mannn he went hard on that tape
        Nigga I'm Rollin! Wayne spit fire on that

Comment

Originally posted by Clcrak View Post
          Nightmares of the bottom

Two shots

- - - Updated - - -

Most of these songs have no real value. God Bless Amerika is a great song

You don't even include President Carter and you have Up up and away nah fam I'm done with you
          Lol President Carter is trash.

See how that works?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
          great song, and i agree with you saying bout c4, but thts a whoooole lotta 4 and ups for ianahb2...12 songs on one tape rated 4s or higher pretty much means its a classic which this certainly isnt... the only songs i can really see as being 4s or higher is trigger finger, back to you, love me, god bless amerika, and maybe raf...and even those songs don't have much replay value
          Naw bruh. In relation to what Wayne was doing at the time, all of those songs are fine. The album is no where near classic tho. That's keeping his shit in a bubble that's confined to the other sht he was doing in 12 to early 13. It doesn't necessarily translate to his other work.

What I mean is this. I'd give Live From 504 a 4. But I'd listen to it over Bitches Love Me, which I gave a 5, ten times out of ten.

They're from different eras/times of life and that should be taken into account when judging the music.

Compared to everything Wayne was doing at the time, IANAHB2 is a damn good step in the right direction. That's where he really started to get back to tryna spit, which culminated with his tweet and D5 that very year. The nigga didn't just flip a switch. He had been progressing from his degradation before that tweet.

Compare that to C4, where everything Wayne was doing before and around it was MUCH better, even S4TW which was RIGHT before it. Compared to where Wayne was(Fire Flame, Hustle Hard, Welcome to My Hood, 6F7F, etc.) C4 was lazy garbage.

It just so happens that he was so lazy on C4 that the effort put into IANAHB2 completely overpowers it even in direct comparison.

I don't think numbers should dictate what's a classic. It's all in how that album moves the game and the listener. There's great albums out here that may get stellar reviews but them shits ain't classic. That's one of the reasons folks will consider C3 classic but not C2. C3 and 08 Wayne is what really birthed niggaz outchea.

But like I said, this is me. I'd hate to be an asshole and jus tell everyone they don't know wtf they listening to or listening for but I been feelin like that since S4TW2 and NC2 lol

President Carter lol

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

this thread

Comment

Naw bruh. In relation to what Wayne was doing at the time, all of those songs are fine. The album is no where near classic tho. That's keeping his shit in a bubble that's confined to the other sht he was doing in 12 to early 13. It doesn't necessarily translate to his other work.

What I mean is this. I'd give Live From 504 a 4. But I'd listen to it over Bitches Love Me, which I gave a 5, ten times out of ten.

They're from different eras/times of life and that should be taken into account when judging the music.

Compared to everything Wayne was doing at the time, IANAHB2 is a damn good step in the right direction. That's where he really started to get back to tryna spit, which culminated with his tweet and D5 that very year. The nigga didn't just flip a switch. He had been progressing from his degradation before that tweet.

Compare that to C4, where everything Wayne was doing before and around it was MUCH better, even S4TW which was RIGHT before it. Compared to where Wayne was(Fire Flame, Hustle Hard, Welcome to My Hood, 6F7F, etc.) C4 was lazy garbage.

It just so happens that he was so lazy on C4 that the effort put into IANAHB2 completely overpowers it even in direct comparison.

I don't think numbers should dictate what's a classic. It's all in how that album moves the game and the listener. There's great albums out here that may get stellar reviews but them shits ain't classic. That's one of the reasons folks will consider C3 classic but not C2. C3 and 08 Wayne is what really birthed niggaz outchea.

But like I said, this is me. I'd hate to be an asshole and jus tell everyone they don't know wtf they listening to or listening for but I been feelin like that since S4TW2 and NC2 lol

President Carter lol
              Interesting. I see where u coming from, but not everyones gonna think like that. What i mean by that is not everyone will know how wayne was rapping during those times or what songs he dropped before it. They might just listen to the projects, and that in case, it should stand on its own.

Like I don't know how jay was rapping in the era of the blueprint, but i know it was fye..Im not sure what u mean by move the game but yeah it should move the listener. Even if it was made in different times, good music stands on its own, and there was good music in 2013, yet ianabh2 def wasn't apart of tht outside a few cuts.

And Yeah C4 might sound lazy and he might be "trying" harder in IANAHB2, c4's music still stands on its own and is better imo...Btw u mention 6ft7ft as one of the songs before c4 acting like it wasn't on c4....and i completely disagree about what u saying bout the different eras so u should take account when judging... i take live from 504 cuz it's just flat out better than love me which was made in 2013. But i would take you song or cream over live from the 504 sometimes which were also made in 2013...Good music stands on its own and ianahb2 really isn't. Like I still replay none of these songs. But I still play notb and 6ft 7ft every once in awhile.

Like u saying in relation to what wayne was doin at the times, but outside of tht, which do u think is flat out better? As in if you were to show an album to someone who has never heard wayne and it could only be c4 or ianabh2, which would give the best impression?

Comment

Interesting. I see where u coming from, but not everyones gonna think like that. What i mean by that is not everyone will know how wayne was rapping during those times or what songs he dropped before it. They might just listen to the projects, and that in case, it should stand on its own.

Like I don't know how jay was rapping in the era of the blueprint, but i know it was fye..Im not sure what u mean by move the game but yeah it should move the listener. Even if it was made in different times, good music stands on its own, and there was good music in 2013, yet ianabh2 def wasn't apart of tht outside a few cuts.

And Yeah C4 might sound lazy and he might be "trying" harder in IANAHB2, c4's music still stands on its own and is better imo...Btw u mention 6ft7ft as one of the songs before c4 acting like it wasn't on c4....and i completely disagree about what u saying bout the different eras so u should take account when judging... i take live from 504 cuz it's just flat out better than love me which was made in 2013. But i would take you song or cream over live from the 504 sometimes which were also made in 2013...Good music stands on its own and ianahb2 really isn't. Like I still replay none of these songs. But I still play notb and 6ft 7ft every once in awhile.

Like u saying in relation to what wayne was doin at the times, but outside of tht, which do u think is flat out better? As in if you were to show an album to someone who has never heard wayne and it could only be c4 or ianabh2, which would give the best impression?
                Someone actually willing to talk? That's different.

OK, I may have been a bit confusing with what I said. How I'm rating his performance is based on what he was doing at the time, yes, but the album still isn't considered some great classic or anything like that on it's own.

IANAHB2 was fine in 13. All of it's singles went platinum and held up on the charts. For a while that album is all I heard in the hood until everyone got the memo from the internet that it sucked. IANAHB2 wasn't some deep thoughtful shit, but it was never meant to be. And for that, it's fine. What I mean by move the game is inspire. Like I said, despite rapping better before 08, it's 08 Wayne and C3 that birthed all of these rappers and got him his fans. That's where he changed the game to what it is now. Rappin and croonin with autotune, being witty and fun with lyrics, tats and dreads, tighter clothes, allatt caught fire in 08, tho he been on allatt.

I mention 6f7f kuz he put it out fresh out of jail. It was jus to show how hungry he was fresh out, but it's like he fizzled with the rest of the album. I've acknowledged 6f7f as his best lyrical performance on C4. It's a fuckin dope song. But it's so far ahead of the rest of C4 it feels like it doesn't belong. Like if Told Yall was put on there or sumn. It fit with those features, but nothing else. Even NotB was done before he went to jail.

And it's kool if you're fine directly comparing DD3 to D5. I'm jus saying that folks change, and when it's that much time between shit it's not always right to put them against each other. Like I hated NC when it dropped because it was complete trash compared to DD3. But then I realized he changed so much in the time that it wasn't right to compare them that way. I still think it's dumb overrated even when compared to today's work, but I can appreciate it a lil.

C4 is just lazy. He's not even on two of the songs. Like... Nigga you ain't a DJ! YOU BETTER FUCKIN RAP! Flat out better? IANAHB2. What's better about C4? The bars? What bars? Outside of 6f7f, what wordplay? What flows? What topics? C4 he talked about nothing, even on songs where he should have! How to Love isn't rap and he didn't write it. Shit the only song that had a topic that he stuck to and did a damn good job of doing was How to Hate and everyone hates it lol. I'll give Novacane and NotB(kinda) but I note them in my noteworthy C4 songs. Then C4 has all of that terrible "introspective" bullshit of Wayne tryna be deep and failing hard instead of lettin it come naturally(like he's been doing since 13/14 now).

IANAHB2 has bars, creativity, flows, topic driven songs, and allatt. It also has a lot of sex bullshit scattered thru out the songs which I feel is what REALLY turns folks off, even tho outside of those he did way better. Maybe they don't all hit, but they stick harder than C4.

I don't listen to either one on a regular basis but I'd much sooner go back to IANAHB2 than C4, and I'd recommend it everytime. Now if I'm picking a SONG, then I might grab one from C4(6f7f as a showcase of his ability). Maybe.

I feel like the intros of both sum them up pretty well. C4s sounds forced, lazy, and lame. IANAHB2 has some cringy sex shit but the flow better, instrumental better, bars better. It's really telling.
                Last edited by TyIquan; 09-14-2016, 01:29 AM.

Comment

OK, I may have been a bit confusing with what I said. How I'm rating his performance is based on what he was doing at the time, yes, but the album still isn't considered some great classic or anything like that on it's on.

IANAHB2 was fine in 13. All of it's singles went platinum and held up on the charts. For a while that album is all I heard in the hood until everyone got the memo from the internet that it sucked. IANAHB2 wasn't some deep thoughtful shit, but it was never meant to be. And for that, it's fine. What I mean by move the game is inspire. Like I said, despite rapping better before 08, it's 08 Wayne and C3 that birthed all of these rappers and got him his fans. That's where he changed the game to what it is now. Rappin and croonin with autotune, being witty and fun with lyrics, tats and dreads, tighter clothes, allatt caught fire in 08, tho he been on allatt.

I mention 6f7f kuz he put it out fresh out of jail. It was jus to show how hungry he was fresh out, but it's like he fizzled with the rest of the album. I've acknowledged 6f7f as his best lyrical performance on C4. It's a fuckin dope song. But it's so far ahead of the rest of C4 it feels like it doesn't belong. Like if Told Yall was put on there or sumn. It fit with those features, but nothing else. Even NotB was done before he went to jail.

And it's kool if you're fine directly comparing DD3 to D5. I'm jus saying that folks change, and when it's that much time between shit it's not always right to put them against each other. Like I hated NC when it dropped because it was complete trash compared to DD3. But then I realized he changed so much in the time that it wasn't right to compare them that way. I still think it's dumb overrated even when compared to today's work, but I can appreciate it a lil.

C4 is just lazy. He's not even on two of the songs. Like... Nigga you ain't a DJ! YOU BETTER FUCKIN RAP! Flat out better? IANAHB2. What's better about C4? The bars? What bars? Outside of 6f7f, what wordplay? What flows? What topics? C4 he talked about nothing, even on songs where he should have! How to Love isn't rap and he didn't write it. Shit the only song that had a topic that he stuck to and did a damn good job of doing was How to Hate and everyone hates it lol. I'll give Novacane and NotB(kinda) but I note them in my noteworthy C4 songs. Then C4 has all of that terrible "introspective" bullshit of Wayne tryna be deep and failing hard instead of lettin it come naturally(like he's been doing since 13/14 now).

IANAHB2 has bars, creativity, flows, topic driven songs, and allatt. It also has a lot of sex bullshit scattered thru out the songs which I feel is what REALLY turns folks off, even tho outside of those he did way better. Maybe they don't all hit, but they stick harder than C4.

I don't listen to either one on a regular basis but I'd much sooner go back to IANAHB2 than C4, and I'd recommend it everytime. Now if I'm picking a SONG, then I might grab one from C4(6f7f as a showcase of his wit). Maybe.

I feel like the intros of both sum them up pretty well. C4s sounds forced, lazy, and lame. IANAHB2 has since cringy sex shit but the flow better, instrumental better, bars better. It's really telling.
                  6ft7f fits best on Ianahb

Comment

OK, I may have been a bit confusing with what I said. How I'm rating his performance is based on what he was doing at the time, yes, but the album still isn't considered some great classic or anything like that on it's own.

I don't listen to either one on a regular basis but I'd much sooner go back to IANAHB2 than C4, and I'd recommend it everytime. Now if I'm picking a SONG, then I might grab one from C4(6f7f as a showcase of his ability). Maybe.

I feel like the intros of both sum them up pretty well. C4s sounds forced, lazy, and lame. IANAHB2 has some cringy sex shit but the flow better, instrumental better, bars better. It's really telling.
                    that right there. neither of the albums are good enough for me to ever go listen all the way through or on shuffle, so the only way I'm goin back to either of em is if I'm going back for a song, and I'm going to c4 everytime...9/10... i think u seem to be forgetting about john...better than anything on ianahb2...to me ianahb2 didn't produce any real all the way through great songs except for maybe love me. c4 had at least 3

lyrically i agree on average throughout he was better on ianahb2, but the songs just weren't as good cuz they are either ruined by cring lines or awkward flows. notb, john, and 6ft 7ft are smooth af... all the way thru...and quite honestly better than anything on ianahb2...like if u put all the songs together and ranked em at least my top 2 votes go to c4

he was more consistsent on ianahb2 but c4s highs are just so much higher
                    Last edited by jhoya101; 09-14-2016, 01:59 AM.

Comment

that right there. neither of the albums are good enough for me to ever go listen all the way through or on shuffle, so the only way I'm goin back to either of em is if I'm going back for a song, and I'm going to c4 everytime...9/10... i think u seem to be forgetting about john...better than anything on ianahb2...to me ianahb2 didn't produce any real all the way through great songs except for maybe love me. c4 had at least 3

lyrically i agree on average throughout he was better on ianahb2, but the songs just weren't as good cuz they are either ruined by cring lines or awkward flows. notb, john, and 6ft 7ft are smooth af... all the way thru...and quite honestly better than anything on ianahb2...like if u put all the songs together and ranked em at least my top 2 votes go to c4

he was more consistsent on ianahb2 but c4s highs are just so much higher
                      Hey John is my shit. I remember being one of the only people here who liked it when it dropped lol. Everybody else kept saying it sucked kuz it's just I'm Not A Star...even tho it's not smh. But naw, John is kool. And I know for a fact I'd go back to 6f7f over IANAHB2 most of the time(can't say all of the time kuz the song slick got annoying after I played it out). Can't say the same for NotB tho. The Unplugged performance ruined the CDQ version for me, as well as his last verse. But IANAHB2 has more shit I can appreciate as a whole.

Curtains was my favorite song for a minute when it first leaked. Wayne destroyed Trigger Finger, Soulja ain't even ruin it. RAF is dope. Even tho iont like No Worries and I hate Romance, I'm kool with MHS, Wowzers, and Hello(oddly...).

I just can't get over how much of a letdown C4 was. That wasn't Wayne at all.

But, ayye I see where you comin' from. As long as I got someone to see how it's not farfetch'd to like IANAHB2 more than C4. I feel like I'll never truly see the inverse of that, and that's ok. We're all muhfuckin' individuals.

You kool bruh.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by -_- View Post
                      6ft7f fits best on Ianahb
                      It really would, tho.

Comment

Hey John is my shit. I remember being one of the only people here who liked it when it dropped lol. Everybody else kept saying it sucked kuz it's just I'm Not A Star...even tho it's not smh. But naw, John is kool. And I know for a fact I'd go back to 6f7f over IANAHB2 most of the time(can't say all of the time kuz the song slick got annoying after I played it out). Can't say the same for NotB tho. The Unplugged performance ruined the CDQ version for me, as well as his last verse. But IANAHB2 has more shit I can appreciate as a whole.

Curtains was my favorite song for a minute when it first leaked. Wayne destroyed Trigger Finger, Soulja ain't even ruin it. RAF is dope. Even tho iont like No Worries and I hate Romance, I'm kool with MHS, Wowzers, and Hello(oddly...).

I just can't get over how much of a letdown C4 was. That wasn't Wayne at all.

But, ayye I see where you comin' from. As long as I got someone to see how it's not farfetch'd to like IANAHB2 more than C4. I feel like I'll never truly see the inverse of that, and that's ok. We're all muhfuckin' individuals.

You kool bruh.
                        You sho won't big dawg, but thts ok lol. U make a good case tho. And was actually willing to talk through it. I fux with u

Comment

keep posts to 1 paragraph only pls

thx guys

Comment

Working...
                          X