Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] THE FUNERAL (Appreciation/Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
    It might feel weird to drop it so soon after this. Unless he adds a tribute to him on the album.
    It shouldn�t be a problem. Wayne had it set to release Friday before this even happened. Can�t see the album being pushed back to be honest.

On a side note, I�m gonna predict one line that�ll be said on the album.

�Weezy F Baby and the F is for funeral�

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
      It might feel weird to drop it so soon after this. Unless he adds a tribute to him on the album.
      That's an interesting idea. What about adding it as a bonus with a few other songs on a bonus album?

Comment

• i dont agree with adding a tribute to him on this album definitely should be its own thing i 100% see this being pushed back though

#FREEVELVET

Comment

• Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
          i 100% see this being pushed back though
          I agree....even if it has been locked and loaded for 1/31 for a while and everything is technically ready to go, he surely has the discretion to hold it back out of respect and so as not to be celebrating while the world is mourning the loss of not just Kobe but the child also...can see music fans being very distracted such that numbers may not be as good also. When Toya Johnson's brothers were murdered I remember reading in the coverage that Wayne does poorly with death and funerals. Esp given how much he admired Kobe I am not sure I can see him mixing a release of an album called Funeral with the time literal funeral arrangements for Kobe and his daughter may be going down. So sad

Comment

• Such a tragedy.

Hate to bring Wayne into it but since he hasn’t said why he named the album Funeral, this just ends up being absolute horrible timing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLynn14 View Post
              I agree....even if it has been locked and loaded for 1/31 for a while and everything is technically ready to go, he surely has the discretion to hold it back out of respect and so as not to be celebrating while the world is mourning the loss of not just Kobe but the child also...can see music fans being very distracted such that numbers may not be as good also. When Toya Johnson's brothers were murdered I remember reading in the coverage that Wayne does poorly with death and funerals. Esp given how much he admired Kobe I am not sure I can see him mixing a release of an album called Funeral with the time literal funeral arrangements for Kobe and his daughter may be going down. So sad
              Agreed. It's got to be messing with his mind, especially as he has a daughter he is close to as well.

Comment

• So devastated
                I�m so sick to my stomach

To the point ion even want Funeral right now

Iverson I�m all time favorite but if you grew up in that era. You�re heartbroken! So many battles

Comment

• Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
                  So devastated
                  I’m so sick to my stomach

To the point ion even want Funeral right now

Iverson I’m all time favorite but if you grew up in that era. You’re heartbroken! So many battles
                  Facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nuper Nocte View Post
                    Agreed. It's got to be messing with his mind, especially as he has a daughter he is close to as well.
                    Totally I thought of that also

Comment

• Originally posted by DLynn14 View Post
                      Totally I thought of that also
                      I'm gonna be sexist, but that's 'cos we're wimmenz.

Comment

• If we get a pushback, when do ya think it's gonna be announced?

Comment

• Rip Kobe, but i hope it doesnt get pushed back

Comment

Working...
                          X