Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] THE FUNERAL (Appreciation/Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
    that shows how strong a 'carter' album is for wayne over any other albums. im not surprised he wants to drop a c6
    yeah but at this stage even Carter 6 could flop

Comment

that shows how strong a 'carter' album is for wayne over any other albums. im not surprised he wants to drop a c6

I don't think the name is the issue. think the album just didn't stick. did not have many catchy songs or songs worth coming back to the general public. Too much rap-rap

Comment

Carter name doesn't automatically make it sell lmao.
        Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

• Originally posted by mania983 View Post
          yeah but at this stage even Carter 6 could flop
          maybe so but it will still do more than funeral or what a velvet album would sell
          Originally posted by martian master View Post
          I don't think the name is the issue. think the album just didn't stick. did not have many catchy songs or songs worth coming back to the general public. Too much rap-rap
          i think there was great songs on there that are categorized as mainstream and i dont see why the travis scott song didnt blow up
          Originally posted by when_it_snow_im_on_top View Post
          Carter name doesn't automatically make it sell lmao.
          a carter album would always sell more than a velvet, i am not a human being, funeral album, etc

Comment

a carter album would always sell more than a velvet, i am not a human being, funeral album, etc
            the name doesn't matter, they save Wayne's high quality songs for carter albums and give them more promotion.

outside of funeral, the non-carter albums (post 500 degreez) are either just half-assed or experimental.

Comment

i dont see why the travis scott song didnt blow up a carter album would always sell more than a velvet, i am not a human being, funeral album, etc
              Travis scott song wasnt a single. they just didnt push the album tbh.

I disagree that carter albums automatically would sell more. Rename rebirth C4 i dont think it would be close to actually C4 numbers. Rename ianahb2 C5 and same thing. There really isnt proof of the name being what sells.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BAMBAM View Post
              the name doesn't matter, they save Wayne's high quality songs for carter albums and give them more promotion.

outside of funeral, the non-carter albums (post 500 degreez) are either just half-assed or experimental.
              this.

rebirth - rock album
              ianahb - promoted as an ep and a lot of throwaways
              ianahb2 - poor quality and wayne hype was kinda low also if C5 dropped in 2014 it prob would've done around 300 to 350k.

rename any of those with a carter name sales wouldnt change much.

Funeral - feats were lacking and wayne hype and promo for album was low

As of right now the only way I see C6 passing 200k fw is heavily stacked features

Comment

• Of course the name has an effect though. Everyone knows what a Carter album is going to be, media talk more about Carter albums, casual hip hop fans are more likely to check out a Carter album. It's like a brand.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
                  Of course the name has an effect though. Everyone knows what a Carter album is going to be, media talk more about Carter albums, casual hip hop fans are more likely to check out a Carter album. It's like a brand.
                  Dont think the name is significant. How much do you think rebirth wouldve done if it was named C4?

Comment

• Originally posted by when_it_snow_im_on_top View Post
                    Dont think the name is significant. How much do you think rebirth wouldve done if it was named C4?
                    Probably more than it did but Rebirth is so different. If he dropped a full hip hop album called Carter IV in 2010 it would have been huge. Nobody expects a Carter album to be like Rebirth though, you know what you're gonna get.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
                      Probably more than it did but Rebirth is so different. If he dropped a full hip hop album called Carter IV in 2010 it would have been huge. Nobody expects a Carter album to be like Rebirth though, you know what you're gonna get.
                      so if he renamed ianahb to C4 it wouldve done C4 numbers?

Comment

• Originally posted by BAMBAM View Post

Carter V and FuneraL had the same promo.
                        Tidal Exclusives (Interview/Car Test) Billboards (Toronto for example) Birdman/CM Beef Stimulus, and Tonight Show w Fallon

Comment

• Originally posted by dub_1600 View Post
                          Carter V and FuneraL had the same promo.
                          Tidal Exclusives (Interview/Car Test) Billboards (Toronto for example) Birdman/CM Beef Stimulus, and Tonight Show w Fallon
                          Carter V was hyped up for 4 straight years fam lol

and it had more care put into the final product (features and production)

Comment

Working...
                          X