Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] THE FUNERAL (Appreciation/Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrewCityCM View Post
    In most people’s opinions outside of this site
    False. It got great reviews from critics.

Comment

• This album should've came out in 2016 or early 2017 and stuck with the theme of the Funeral of Cash Money Weezy. And with Grateful being added to the list of great Wayne intros. I think with a different tittle I would've received the album a little better. Cuz it's not terrible project just an average project that with a few highlights but just didn't meet my expectations for an album titled Funeral.
      Last edited by Weezyaveli; 01-21-2021, 07:15 PM.
      #FreeColleGrove2

Comment

• Originally posted by President Carter View Post
        This album should've came out in 2016 or early 2017 and stuck with the theme of the Funeral of Cash Money Weezy. And with Grateful being added to the list of great Wayne intros. I think with a different tittle I would lie received the album a little better. Cuz it's not terrible project just an average project that with a few highlights but just didn't meet my expectations for an album titled Funeral.
        grateful was so good

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
          grateful was so good
          Way too great not to be attached to an Official Project.

It's a damn crime.
          #FreeColleGrove2

Comment

It's a damn crime.
            i swear shit like that only gets released to hype up a worse sounding project (as in, wayne knows that song is too good so he releases it separately to get the "hype up" whatever that means nowadays) and he knows hes not gunna be able to keep that amazing theme going for a whole tape, so yeah, loosie sigh

Comment

It's a damn crime.
              if you think about it 90% of weezy's best songs are not on official projects

Comment

• Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
                if you think about it 90% of weezy's best songs are not on official projects
                Yeah I know. But Grateful was officially released on a streaming platform unlike the others. So you would think that would be attached to a project of some kind. Could've put it on the FWA re-release. SOMETHING
                #FreeColleGrove2

Comment

This album should've came out in 2016 or early 2017 and stuck with the theme of the Funeral of Cash Money Weezy. And with Grateful being added to the list of great Wayne intros. I think with a different tittle I would've received the album a little better. Cuz it's not terrible project just an average project that with a few highlights but just didn't meet my expectations for an album titled Funeral.
                  Honestly it wouldve been cool to get funeral first then C5.
                  Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

• Originally posted by when_it_snow_im_on_top View Post
                    Honestly it wouldve been cool to get funeral first then C5.
                    I wouldn't have been mad at that. Funeral might turned out the way I was expecting it to be.

But then would C5 have been as good as it was? Cuz the C5 we got turned out do be a GREAT album and a perfect way to end Tha Carter series. Minus about what? 3-4 weak tracks outta 23.
                    #FreeColleGrove2

Comment

• Originally posted by Weezy_KB24 View Post
                      False. It got great reviews from critics.
                      [MENTION=106134]BrewCityCM[/MENTION] is too much of a pussy to respond

Comment

@BrewCityCM is too much of a pussy to respond
                        Rolling Stone - 2.5/5
                        HipHopDX - 2.9/5
                        AllMusic - 2.5/5
                        Metacritic - 62/100
                        pitchfork - 7.3/10

yeah, great reviews. Maybe for a Wayne album after C3 besides C5 lmaoo

Comment

[MENTION=106134]BrewCityCM[/MENTION] is too much of a pussy to respond

Like how you are in the help identifying producer thread

Comment

Working...
                          X