Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] THE FUNERAL (Appreciation/Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by martian master View Post
    im not questioning his influence
    im questioning his current influence
    waynes first solo studi was 1999 - same as Em - theyve been able to compete for years so why cant they now
    actual sales / streams he still gets paid. And the lower numbers mean hes gettung paid less
    they arent good numbers for someone of waynes level

quality of music is subjective and can be debated. Obviously theres alot of love here since its a wayne forum but it is not a repersentation of what the public thinks. The general public feels mixed about this album and the numbers are showing it will probably be forgotten by the public in a few weeks. Sad to see someone who controlled the mainstream fall to that
    I guess I'll say this again...

Eminem is white. He has tons of WHITE fans in America that aren't really that into hip hop. He's essentially a pop star. I would argue that Wayne is also somewhat of a pop star, but he doesn't have the same amount of mass appeal.

Comment

im not questioning his influence
      im questioning his current influence
      waynes first solo studi was 1999 - same as Em - theyve been able to compete for years so why cant they now
      actual sales / streams he still gets paid. And the lower numbers mean hes gettung paid less
      they arent good numbers for someone of waynes level

quality of music is subjective and can be debated. Obviously theres alot of love here since its a wayne forum but it is not a repersentation of what the public thinks. The general public feels mixed about this album and the numbers are showing it will probably be forgotten by the public in a few weeks. Sad to see someone who controlled the mainstream fall to that
      Ehh I mean even if ur arguing his current influence... U can't say he's not influential cause he's not doing as much sales as em u know. Like maybe u are more influential or whatever u call it but he can still be influential without doing ems number

Edit... Or I should say he's still influential even doing 110k the sales don't really matter imo for Weezy inlfience on ppl cuz he'll always be influencing ppl

Comment

• Originally posted by ceb420 View Post
        I guess I'll say this again...

Eminem is white. He has tons of WHITE fans in America that aren't really that into hip hop. He's essentially a pop star. I would argue that Wayne is also somewhat of a pop star, but he doesn't have the same amount of mass appeal.
        and yet he outsold kamikaze first week
        And recovery vs c4 , wayne won again

yes wayne got blown outta the water with IANAHB2 vs MMLP2 but ems numbers have died down and he shluld be able to compete

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ym9191 View Post
        Ehh I mean even if ur arguing his current influence... U can't say he's not influential cause he's not doing as much sales as em u know. Like maybe u are more influential or whatever u call it but he can still be influential without doing ems number

Edit... Or I should say he's still influential even doing 110k the sales don't really matter imo for Weezy inlfience on ppl cuz he'll always be influencing ppl
        His current music doesnt have influence or pull is what im saying
        it does not resonate with the people

Comment

Outta thanks but thanks 🥰

also when c5 dropped and sold more than thugs entire career at that point HQ was having a field day
          Keep that same energy
          I remember that There not keeping the same energy right now after the projection sales came in it�s crazy how right now wayne is a meme on ktt Wayne stans on there were calling Eminem album a �flop� now it backfired

Comment

yes wayne got blown outta the water with IANAHB2 vs MMLP2 but ems numbers have died down and he shluld be able to compete

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree bro

Comment

253 vs 217 - thats competitive (in the same league)

ianahb2 was one of best (top 10) first weeks the year it dropped
              its pretty early to say but i doubt this will be

- - - Updated - - -

Outta thanks but thanks 🥰

also when c5 dropped and sold more than thugs entire career at that point HQ was having a field day
              Keep that same energy
              Also why are we comparing Queen with Funeral when C5 and Queen came out the same year?

Comment

• Anyway i realize im on a wayne forum so obviously the opinions here will moreso be pro wayne
                i hope you all enjoy the album - just voicing how it looks

Comment

Can't compare Tha Carter albums (especially CV which had YEARS of hype and promotion) to an album that was officially announced a week before it dropped. Yeah he first HINTED at it in 2016 but no one other than the die hards knew about that and there wasn't any real promotion until the week before.

The Drink Champs interview was great other than the FUCKING GARBAGE audio, but it still would've been more beneficial to go on JRE or something bigger to promote the album.

Comment

Anyway i realize im on a wayne forum so obviously the opinions here will moreso be pro wayne
                    i hope you all enjoy the album - just voicing how it looks
                    Honestly tho like quality wise Im pretty damn happy with the album tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ceb420 View Post
                    Can't compare Tha Carter albums (especially CV which had YEARS of hype and promotion) to an album that was officially announced a week before it dropped. Yeah he first HINTED at it in 2016 but no one other than the die hards knew about that and there wasn't any real promotion until the week before.

The Drink Champs interview was great other than the FUCKING GARBAGE audio, but it still would've been more beneficial to go on JRE or something bigger to promote the album.
                    Lol wtf was wrong with that quality in the interview btw... Sounds like a fucking airplane in the background

Comment

Em's music resonates with suburban white kids and Ye's newest resonates with republicans and christians. Who cares lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ceb420 View Post

exactly. And thats not okay.
                        they fucked this release up crazy
                        and its leaving a stain now

Comment

exactly. And thats not okay.
                          they fucked this release up crazy
                          and its leaving a stain now
                          I doubt wayne really cares. CV did the numbers.

This is a more experimental project that they didn't spend much on the features and promotion and are still gonna have decent sales from.

Comment

Working...
                          X