No announcement yet.

No Ceilings 2 Retrospective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have enjoyed this from day 1. The only thing to me was the production and mixing sounded off to me. I hear things easily and pay attention to a lot when it comes to audio and production.
    Some of my favorites from this tape are The Hills. Get Ya Gatt. Back To Back. Where Ya At. Cross Me. Fenissin. Milli Rock. Destroyed. I am nice. I loved Poppin. Jumpman. Big Wings. No Reason. Diamonds Dancing. No Days Off. im writing this from the songs I remember from the top of my head so I hope I didn't forget other ones I liked. NC2 was different from the first one but they are a few years apart and different situations. I still enjoyed NC2.
    They can do all they can do but they cant break unbreakable. They scared to face the truth cause they hate the view.

Follow me on twitter.
    https://www.twitter.com/CrazyWeezyFan
    Check out my Weezy series Weezy Mania and other episodes on my podcast Hip Hop In the After Hours.
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...533468893?uo=4

Comment

i think we are all really sleeping on this tape been listening last 3 days some crazy bars on this that are just finally clicking lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by InWeezyWeTrust View Post
      I have enjoyed this from day 1. The only thing to me was the production and mixing sounded off to me. I hear things easily and pay attention to a lot when it comes to audio and production.
      Some of my favorites from this tape are The Hills. Get Ya Gatt. Back To Back. Where Ya At. Cross Me. Fenissin. Milli Rock. Destroyed. I am nice. I loved Poppin. Jumpman. Big Wings. No Reason. Diamonds Dancing. No Days Off. im writing this from the songs I remember from the top of my head so I hope I didn't forget other ones I liked. NC2 was different from the first one but they are a few years apart and different situations. I still enjoyed NC2.
      definitely the mixing was/is quite rough on this but when you think of it its kind of artistic and adds abit of ambience and authenticity maybe im just reaching

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Initially very disappointed with the mixtape. The awful autotune and mixing of it still irks me to this day. I don't even listen to My Name Is because of it (even though he killed it). However this tape still does get play from me because some songs are just too good. My favorites are I'm Nice (best song on the tape!), Cross Me, Finessin', Plastic Bag, Destroyed, Big Wings, Too Young, & Lil Bitch. He goes fucking crazy on Big Wings in the beginning and I'm Nice is top tier Autotunechi. I agree with someone else said that the NC2 name really messed with people's perception on this one. Solid 6.5/10

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
          i think we are all really sleeping on this tape been listening last 3 days some crazy bars on this that are just finally clicking lmao

- - - Updated - - -

definitely the mixing was/is quite rough on this but when you think of it its kind of artistic and adds abit of ambience and authenticity maybe im just reaching
          I mean. I can understand y certain songs had certain effects. But its the quality of the audio and the way they mixed the tape that was just off to me. Remember I hear things alil more different then most do and I pay attention to a lot when it comes to audio.
          They can do all they can do but they cant break unbreakable. They scared to face the truth cause they hate the view.

Follow me on twitter.
          https://www.twitter.com/CrazyWeezyFan
          Check out my Weezy series Weezy Mania and other episodes on my podcast Hip Hop In the After Hours.
          https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...533468893?uo=4

Comment

I am going to play it again tonight and form my opinion.

I haven�t played it since it first dropped =/

Comment

Originally posted by InWeezyWeTrust View Post
              I mean. I can understand y certain songs had certain effects. But its the quality of the audio and the way they mixed the tape that was just off to me. Remember I hear things alil more different then most do and I pay attention to a lot when it comes to audio.
              i mostly agree the mastering is rough at times

Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
              I am going to play it again tonight and form my opinion.

I haven’t played it since it first dropped =/
              give it a go bro lots of underrated songs and heaps of fire bars

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by lilwayne-carter View Post
                wayne bodied that duck song
                Don�t Forget My Verse

Comment

I’m just sipping all this lean I’m off my balance beam, standing and speaking can be so challenging

Comment

name a few

Comment

been blasting PLASTIC BAG AND LIVE FROM GUTTER lot lately

#FREEVELVET

Comment

been blasting PLASTIC BAG AND LIVE FROM GUTTER lot lately
                        I love all the Drake/Future remixes on that tape. He really liked WATTBA, NC2 has 5 songs from that project

Comment

who mixed nc2?

i presume it was not fabian?

Comment

Working...
                          X