No announcement yet.

Not to be sappy, but I'm curious bout y'all's beginnings as a Wayne fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 when i was 11 i was watching tv and i saw a milli , i didn't know who is that artist or anything about him then i remember staying all night waiting for that music channel to play a milli again just to listen to the song and watch the video , they didn't play it but somehow i found the name of the song and the artist and he has been my favourite rapper ever since.

Comment

I remember seeing the music video for Shine on BET when I was younger and was obsessed with the song. Also used to love the Big Tymers lol. Then was a casual listener to whatever songs or features he had on radio or videos on tv. Then a few years later limewire was a thing and I would search lil Wayne on there and download a lot of the songs. I remember the popular lil Wayne music pages on MySpace where they would have the new songs and leaks and that�s how I would find new music and then go download them lol

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Neck of the Woods 2005.

Comment

Well I'm a junior in highschool and whenever I read or hear someone reminiscing on the 2004-2008 Weezy days it makes me sad because I never got to experience prime wayne. It must've been awesome to see his growth from the Hot Boys to the best rapper alive, the leader of the age of internet for rap. Anyway, I got into him July 2017 after hearing UOENO. I knew Wayne from Lollipop, Mirror, She Will, Megaman, 6 Foot 7 Foot, etc but knew NOTHING about how great he was. So I decide to listen to S4TW2, D5, and NC. I was amazed, then I heard Rewind and Rubber Burner and I was even more interested. So basically my freshmen year of highscool (2017-201 was all about me discovering new Wayne music. That year was definitely the best year of my life. Every week there would be a new song I would love. October was Burn, Magnolia Freestyle, November was Down & Out, then December came and D6 dropped and there were so many good songs. Bank Account blew my mind and then Let Em All In, sheesh. Family Feud came out and that Young Angel, Young Lion combo is still so amazing. January was Pussy Money Weed, Glory, For Nothing. But everything changed when I heard Drought Is Over 2. I heard Scarface, Something You Forgot, and Let's Talk It Over before but I don't think I'll ever forget listening to that for the first time in whole or ever have as much fun listening to a project again. But basically for the rest of the year, that summer, and into December 2018 I continued that trend of loving a new Wayne song every week. 2 and half years later, I've kinda stopped finding new music but Wayne is and will forever be my favorite rapper. There never will be a better rapper than 2006-2008 Wayne in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by jsharma17 View Post
            There never will be a better rapper than 2006-2008 Wayne in my eyes.
            PREACH

And i completely relate to the feeling of not experiencing prime Wayne, I can just imagine how golden those days musta been for the loyal Weezy fans. But all the same i'm glad I became a fan closer to the release of Tha Carter V, because FINALLY the album was out & that was Wayne showing the world he still had it.

2004-2009 Weezy will always be untouchable tho, and the first time I listened to his music from that era I felt like I finally understood what real rap was xD Completely different from the mainstream rap now damn

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Risky View Post
            2008 when i was 11 i was watching tv and i saw a milli , i didn't know who is that artist or anything about him then i remember staying all night waiting for that music channel to play a milli again just to listen to the song and watch the video , they didn't play it but somehow i found the name of the song and the artist and he has been my favourite rapper ever since.
            This is the best love at first sight story I've read

Comment

When he dropped Carter 5

Comment

make it rain was the first song i heard from wayne and loved. then by the time lollipop's video came out and it was played everywhere i became a wayne addict and went and researched all of his older music and fell in love

Comment

Originally posted by martian master View Post
                  first artist i stanned was Sean Kingston I knew who Wayne was but I wasn't big-big on him then i heard "War" (weird place to start I know) now I spent my whole teenage years on this forum
                  question - is it world war 2 or world war tune?

Comment

I knew Wayne from the Hot Boys, He was on the Hardball soundtrack, and I knew a few songs off of Tha Carter like Go DJ, but I did not become a real fan until around 2006. My friends would download everything we liked on Limewire and burn CDs and pass them around. I got a few CDs with tracks from Dedication 1-2, and eventually Drought 3, and CII. I didn't even realize half of the tracks were Lil Wayne besides stuff like Fireman
                    From that point on I downloaded everything I could find on Datpiff, Limewire, and sites like HipHopEarly.com. I finally got an iPod and got all of the track lists and albums/mixtapes in order for CIII!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post

tune makes more sense haah

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
                        Lol yea pretty sure it's world war tune

Comment

First Wayne album was Rebirth in 2010. Loved it and started liking Wayne from then on. C4 came out and I got it week one and from then became a huge fan of both Wayne and hip hop.

Comment

Working...
                          X