Not to be sappy, but I'm curious bout y'all's beginnings as a Wayne fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ym9191 View Post

And u Gotta thin about it... It was the next album after carter 3.. So of course it was leaking on here and ppll were going crazy there was a lottttttttt of traffic at that point.

It was kinda fucking fun lol
    That does sound amazing, wish I was apart of the forum then lol

Comment

Originally posted by ym9191 View Post
      I love rebirth...

Drop the world
      Runnin
      Paradice
      Ground zero
      One way trip
      I'm so over you
      On fire

It's different but that's ma shit man. Album was obviously different than what he usually did but it was fucking great.

And u Gotta thin about it... It was the next album after carter 3.. So of course it was leaking on here and ppll were going crazy there was a lottttttttt of traffic at that point.

It was kinda fucking fun lol
      One of the administrators where I work has a new boyfriend. She usually listens to grunge and hard rock, but since she started dating him I heard her the other day singing "Drop the World" under her breath. I busted a gut.

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding "Rebirth," I'm sure some of you saw this article by Drew Landry:

https://djbooth.net/features/2019-05...-album-classic

He wrote another article on "Imagining an Alternative Universe Where the Best Canceled Rap Albums Exist":

https://djbooth.net/features/2018-10...lbums-universe

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Mobb View Post
        Wait... people liked rebirth

- - - Updated - - -

Back then you could put Wayne on a song and know its gonna be a hit before it droppedxD
        I wasn't too fond of what Rebirth ended up being like. I was liked that it was originally gonna be when it had songs like

I Am Not A Human Being
        Fix My Hat
        Spit In Your Face
        I Don't Know How Fake Feel
        New Orleans Maniac
        Yeah
        Ready For The World
        Lethal Injection
        #FreeColleGrove2

Comment

Rebirth is prime Wayne with a couple skips. But almost every Wayne album has a couple skips

Comment

So I unknowingly became a Wayne fan when Back That Azz Up came out, I was like a child that should not have been listening to something so vulgar but to me his part at the end stole the whole song. But I didn't know who he was.

Then I put it together when the first Carter came out. I recall dancing on elevated surfaces to This is the Carter and of course there is never a bad time for Go DJ. But I was still a casual fan at that time.

In college Best Rapper Alive was my prime warmup song during my track meets. It really helped me with my confidence racing faster girls and I won a lot of hard races after having that song in my ear on repeat for an hour. I made our sprint team a mix for practice with that and a lot of the YM remix songs on it. I remember in college there was a girl I shared mutual friends with that actually grew up with 50 cent, who was huge at that time, and she didn't like me because at parties people would let me help DJ and I would always put the YM remix of This is How We Do on. PMW was also like an anthem in my college days. I am proud to say I converted a number of my friends with Dedication 2 which I played at a lot of our track parties

I would say that I probably became a super hardcore fan around when C3 leaks started coming out. It was the Limewire days so it was really easy to stay on top of and acquire new music. La La La was a fav for me, very nostalgic. And then when official C3 came out I was all in. My boyfriend at the time was also a huge fan and many of my college track teammates were casual fans due to his little track & field reference in Sweetest Girl with Wyclef which was popular then ("she used to run track back in high school" was screamed at many parties). I went and bought my first tickets to a my first rap concert and followed all the coverage cause I was so excited to see him. Unfortunately he didn't come out at my stop because of one of those metal detector disputes so I was pretty crushed but I did get to see Jay Z.

After college Limewire continued to be my main source of Wayne music until it shut down. That was a pretty huge blow to my little system and I had to figure out other ways. Never really did get things in quite as real time after that but managed to stay plugged in with Google alerts and a friend in law school who was also a fan and fed me new music. Over the years I tried several more times to see him in concert but had to sell the tickets every single time due to work including Drake v Wayne which pissed me the fuck off and then I quit that job. I finally saw him for the first time last summer with Blink

That is the story of my evolution as a Wayne fan

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jsharma17 View Post
            Well I'm a junior in highschool
            I love that there is such a big age range on this forum and among his fans

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Tha Mobb View Post
            PREACH

And i completely relate to the feeling of not experiencing prime Wayne, I can just imagine how golden those days musta been for the loyal Weezy fans.
            As someone who lived through that era I have to say I even feel in some ways like I "missed" it even though I obviously didn't. I think its because a lot of times you can't see something when you are right in the middle of it. I knew he was amazing but didn't have enough context or life experience or time having been a big music fan to know what I know now about how special that era was. I wish I had known enough to appreciate it more. I evolved a lot as a music fan after that time and wish I could have gone through that before Wayne's prime era if that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by DLynn14 View Post

That is the story of my evolution as a Wayne fan
              Reading your story was freaking amazing, especially how you converted so many people XD Haven't yet but that is my #1 goal as a Wayne fan lmao

And the whole "missing" thing makes sense too, cuz the hip-hop world has changed so much u can now finally compare and be like "damn, tht really WAS the golden era"

Comment

I probably already said it on here but the gist of it is it was back in 2008. Somehow, I found the Lollipop video on YouTube and a very long story short, I found out this dude been the soundtrack to my life up to that point. I didn�t know because I wasn�t paying attention to music or artists like that. But that changed when Carter 3 hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
                  first song i heard was Lollipop and i was in complete awe of it it was so different to everyone else in that time waynes voice was alien and infectious i was to young to understand half the shi he was saying i just heard this alien spacey ass sound it was an energy i just gravitated to

i then fell down the bootleg mixtapes hole thinking they were all official projects which is where i discovered C3 SESSIONS which to this day is my favourite music OAT

used to spend entire weekends just on the computer finding wayne songs and C3 SESSIONS tracks or watching tha carter documentary or features or music videos literally anything wayne i used to spend literal hours purely dedicated to waynes music haha thats when it became an addiction one that i can say im still with up till this date
                  mine goes something like this

Comment

First song I was a fan of was You with Lloyd, must have been like 11. I knew Wayne was one of the biggest or best rappers but wasn't into music like that. One day in 2008 I heard my uncle playing 3 Peat, I waited until he was gone and went to play it. I couldn't believe the stuff Wayne was saying and the way he sounded, I thought this guy is weird as hell and possibly dangerously insane. I played 3 Peat around 30 times before I let the rest of the album play and that was it. C3 was the first album I got that wasn't a Star Wars soundtrack or something.

Comment

I saw lollipop music video. I really enjoyed song and video. Them i found c3 album. i started playing 3 Peat and from that day i become stan and 3 peat is my favorite song.
                      Every fuckin day was a leak, u imagine? Now we thirsty for leftovers....

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
                        First song I was a fan of was You with Lloyd, must have been like 11. I knew Wayne was one of the biggest or best rappers but wasn't into music like that. One day in 2008 I heard my uncle playing 3 Peat, I waited until he was gone and went to play it. I couldn't believe the stuff Wayne was saying and the way he sounded, I thought this guy is weird as hell and possibly dangerously insane. I played 3 Peat around 30 times before I let the rest of the album play and that was it. C3 was the first album I got that wasn't a Star Wars soundtrack or something.
                        The prequel soundtracks are amazing

Comment

Originally posted by jsharma17 View Post
                          The prequel soundtracks are amazing
                          Revenge of the Sith has the GOAT soundtrack.

Comment

Working...
                          X