Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilwayne-carter View Post
    he tried to make a rebirth 2 but it's not the time
    i don't really get the comparisons that he made with Rebirth seems he just trying make some nonsense up LOL Funeral was experimental sure but in the most surface level way possible

i feel Funeral sessions would hit different i mean songs like SLEEPLESS and GRATEFUL are far ebtter then anything on the commercially dropped album

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by martian master View Post
    Great thread but majority of this site wont agree
    i feel there is some undercover woke folk waiting in the shadows ready to join our ranks

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
      i to do enjoy out of box stuff but outta my head is not it the song sounds incredibly slapped together maybe as a single released as a tribute on soundcloud or something i could back it but not on a commercial album
      That's kinda what I meant when I said he could have taken it way further. The first verse is brilliant but only 30 seconds long then the rest of the song feels almost like a demo. I'm listening to the final couple of minutes waiting for the next peak but then it ends. A lot of songs on this album feel like incomplete ideas. A lot of it is to do with production, one of the few tracks that feel as complete as something like Mona Lisa to me is Dreams but like I think you said the subject matter makes me like it less than I want to for some reason.

Was Sleepless another one that they used for an Ethika mixtape? smh

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
        That's kinda what I meant when I said he could have taken it way further. The first verse is brilliant but only 30 seconds long then the rest of the song feels almost like a demo. I'm listening to the final couple of minutes waiting for the next peak but then it ends. A lot of songs on this album feel like incomplete ideas. A lot of it is to do with production, one of the few tracks that feel as complete as something like Mona Lisa to me is Dreams but like I think you said the subject matter makes me like it less than I want to for some reason.

Was Sleepless another one that they used for an Ethika mixtape? smh

sleepless was the vibes i was expecting from funeral experimental with his voice and creative song structures

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
          Butttt....... Funeral is one of the best things Wayne has ever done in his career.

He somehow managed to give us carter 1 style songs, Carter ii style songs, Carter v, Carter iii, Da Drought 3, D6/6Rand carter iii sessions style songs in one album.

Carter 1 with
          Mahogany

Carter II
          Mamma Mia

Da Drought 3
          Darkside

Carter III
          Get outta my head(if u don�t believe me listen to it again)

D6
          Wild Dogs

We Are Young Money
          Wayne�s World

Carter III Sessions
          Harden

Carter V
          Stop Playin Wit Me

And solid funeral songs such as bastard, funeral, Piano Trap, I Do It

The albums a modern day masterpiece.

Half of the album falls short but the other half is golden. Darkside, Piano Trap, Wild Dogs, and Wayne�s World are some of his most catchy songs in years. I didn�t think Wayne still had it in him. I knew he could rap but to be catchy is a whole different subject. He hasn�t really been catchy outside of small spurts in a decade.

Then to start an album, on three consecutive songs being some of his best rapping in years is carter ii like. With funeral, mahogany, and mamma mia

stop Playin wit me is one of Wayne�s most complete songs of the decade. Harden is straight modern day 07 Wayne. Bastard is virgorous and I do it slaps.

And my goodness the misunderstood Get Outta My Head. This is what I want from a modern day Wayne. Creativity. Just how weird can u get when rapping. This verse is something like he�s never done. I had to play it twice to understand it. The off beat almost backward sounding flow is pure genius. Almost carter iii like as far as branching out. I would like more of this in the future. Similar to a demon

To view this album one must look at it through the modern day Wayne listening lense and weed out the terrible as Wayne is usually is hit or miss these days. The lows are super low but the highs are fantastic. The lows to me tho cane from him tryna make hits and modern music. When he stuck to himself he delivered in a way only Wayne could

A trimmed funeral is one of his best and most complete albums ever.

In my phone funeral is

Funeral
          Mahogany
          Mamma Mia
          Stop Playin Wit Me
          Piano Trap
          Harden
          Wild Dogs
          Darkside
          I Do It
          Bastard
          Get Outta My Head
          Wayne�s World

One of his best albums ever
          I hope you are trollin

- - - Updated - - -

your exactly right... im glad you agree on those points at the core of my post i feel wayne needs to work with the people who promote the best in him and dive into that energy people like STREET RUNNER, INFAMOUS, MANNIE FRESH and he needs to stay away from trying to fit him into a bracket wayne was the man pioneering and paradigm shifting the game and ESTABLISHING trends he is a leader and does not sit well as a FOLLOWER waynes sound is naturally modern just because of the pillars he himself established he does not need to dumb down his lyrics or do weird ad-libs to hit in todays markets i follow modern day hip-hop closely and although id like wayne to collab with a few artists from this gen i don't want him to try to bend himself to fit into the soundcloud era by dumbing down the complexity and creativity of his usual sounds

- - - Updated - - -

this is so painful to read how could you put darkside against anything on dd3....... Carter 2 MAMA MIA? are you deaf bruv..... hahaha

Funerals high points are cool... but they do not hold a candle light to any of waynes peaks and highs thru his career id say they are kicking rocks on the downward spiral with the high moments of IANAHB2 and C4 his last creative decline you stans are wildin out the album is no where near a masterpiece it has PILLARS of a decent album or a step towards a masterpiece but it simply aint there.... but hey i respect ur opinion lets shoot the shit and debate this what this thread for
          Very painful to read!

It�s sick and it�s sad

Comment

funeral is actually my second least favorite album from his whole discography
            500 degreez is my least favorite
            but that should not of been the case as weezy did get better with time lyically

Comment

I don't hate the album but it is simply not good enough. I want, no, I expect Wayne to do better to try more and harder.

Comment

What I got from Funeral is that it is Tunechi trying to fit in with this new generation of rap and it does not work

Comment

I think VELVET Will be worse.than this tbh I really really don't want to hear 20 songs of Wayne autotune singing high pitch over a women ... Funeral aint a bad album but it's also 100% not good for a rapper who is 20.years in the game & is considered a GOAT
                  R.I.P DAD

Comment

Wayne is not as good as he was during the 2005-09 run, but better than he has been at other times in his career. I can enjoy it for what it is without holding it to a specific standard that no one seems to be able to describe.

No one can be at the peak at all times. He's released thousands of songs compared to other artists.

I enjoy as many or more Wayne tracks compared to Drake, Eminem, Kanye, JayZ, Chance, Kendrick and whoever else. Theres no need to demand perfection, and get mad about some music made for entertainment.

Comment

sleepless was the vibes i was expecting from funeral experimental with his voice and creative song structures
                      did you actually like sleepless lol?

Comment

Originally posted by J.M.I View Post
                        I think VELVET Will be worse.than this tbh I really really don't want to hear 20 songs of Wayne autotune singing high pitch over a women ... Funeral aint a bad album but it's also 100% not good for a rapper who is 20.years in the game & is considered a GOAT
                        VELVET has huge potential but they'll probably pick the worst songs LOL

Originally posted by BrewCitySQ View Post
                        Wayne is not as good as he was during the 2005-09 run, but better than he has been at other times in his career. I can enjoy it for what it is without holding it to a specific standard that no one seems to be able to describe.

No one can be at the peak at all times. He's released thousands of songs compared to other artists.

I enjoy as many or more Wayne tracks compared to Drake, Eminem, Kanye, JayZ, Chance, Kendrick and whoever else. Theres no need to demand perfection, and get mad about some music made for entertainment.
                        Kanye has fallen off and lost his mind
                        Eminem is just completely shot as a artist but has moments here and there
                        Jay Z last album was a masterpiece
                        Drake is established and dropping great projects

i cant really see the comparison esp when we know wayne more talented to those artists as well as a lot more dedicated to MUSIC waynes highs are HIGHER then a lot of those dudes and we know that as fans bruh

Originally posted by Zodiac! View Post
                        I don't hate the album but it is simply not good enough. I want, no, I expect Wayne to do better to try more and harder.
                        exactly.... we know when can do better and go harder he just need stop picking duds for his albums

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
                        did you actually like sleepless lol?
                        its a creative well written and expressed song whats not to like about it??

#FREEVELVET

Comment

I hate to say it but wayne has always been quantity over quality for most of his career. with someone so prolific, you can't expect every album to be amazing

Comment

Working...
                          X