Highs and Lows of Funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrukDaWurl77 View Post
    YESSSSSSSSSS. dude i just miss his voice & his flow from that era. i know a lot of people hated on it but to me he just sounded so fucking good. gunwalk, trigger finger, love me, god bless amerika, beat the shit, no worries, i aint nervous.. all classics to me.
    Fuck yeah I miss those days...The only thing I don’t miss is Trukfit lol

Comment

Funeral is trash, I even prefer IANAHB2 to Funeral and I hate that album.

Funeral is just painful to listen to, its oversaturrated with autotune and there is zero cohesiveness to the songs.

Comment

Originally posted by vintageweezyf View Post
        unfortunately i have to admit that i owned a few trukfit items lmao but i agree im glad that awkward phase is over.

Comment

YESSSSSSSSSS. dude i just miss his voice & his flow from that era. i know a lot of people hated on it but to me he just sounded so fucking good. gunwalk, trigger finger, love me, god bless amerika, beat the shit, no worries, i aint nervous.. all classics to me.
          Did you listen to the recent ianahb2 sessions leaks?

#FREEVELVET

Comment

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...uneral-946939/

this article basically sums up what ur saying

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
              Did you listen to the recent ianahb2 sessions leaks?
              i did dude i love them.

Comment

I enjoy Funeral but there is way too many filler songs on there.

Comment

Originally posted by vintageweezyf View Post
                  suck a nigga dick for sum trukfittttttt

Comment

if u think ianahb2 is better than this u Wayne a real Wayne fan I'm sorry to say

Comment

wow this is a perfect summary of the album his delivery is so bad these days im sorry it seems like he is lost and just rapping to rap because he is bored. The worst part is him trying to sounds like todays music when he inspired todays sound.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

I think you got it right, it has highs and lows...too many songs

Comment

I am generally not one to rank or analyze projects, or to think any Wayne projects are bad (I have been known to defend the IANAHBs on this site) but I can agree that I was disappointed in the lack of a concept. That was (among other things) a major missed opportunity for his first post CM album especially with a name as mysterious and high potential as Funeral. Tbh I am still pissed it wasn't released Halloween 2019. Instrumentals are a bit spooky but otherwise not cohesive...for example I am glad we got them but I feel confused about Harden, Nevermind and Sights & Silencers, seems they would be more appropriate for Velvet?

That said I feel he had fun with the album, it's certainly more upbeat than C5 (recalling when everyone bemoaned his lack of energy and the introspective tone) and there are some great songs. With C5 lots of people complained about filler and unmet expectations too, but I think many would also say it was a grower. C5 was deeper and more substantive tho so not sure increased appreciation over time is quite as likely with this album...but that is a classic theme with Wayne projects generally

I am not super into newer gen rap so I don't listen to Funeral in that context/making a comparison, I just hear my goat doing something new and different for him which I can always appreciate. My favs are Mahoghany, Harden, Sights & Silencers, I Don't Sleep, Mama Mia (except the beat...sounds like a literal horror movie) and Piano Trap esp Part 2. There are several others that I am okay with or that are growing on me.

At this point for this particular project I am not sure I expect Wayne to do any real numbers or make a super on-point album that blows us or anyone else away 1) cause musical tastes and attention spans are kind of ridiculous these days 2) he is an oddball recluse just doing his thing 3) to a lot of people lyrics are less important, like he has said in interviews before its more about hearing than listening. So that kind of functions as a major limitation if one goal of this project was to appeal to a more modern sound

I am overall happy with Funeral mostly because I am low maintenance as a fan, almost anything with his voice on it will make me happy even if lyrics and overall packaging are less than stellar. For a brand new sound I don't think it's awful, I just think it's that he's not really on the radar of the population doing most of the streaming, and the people who DO listen to him are really looking for different anyway.

does anyone else miss IANAHB2 wayne or am i alone with that.
                          Me. Also, he looked a lot healthier then.

Comment

Working...
                          X