Highs and Lows of Funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kobe View Post
    I hate to say it but wayne has always been quantity over quality for most of his career. with someone so prolific, you can't expect every album to be amazing
    Tha Carter 3
    Tha Carter 2
    FWA
    I Am Not Human Being 1
    Tha Carter 5
    Like Father Like Son
    (NOT INCLUDING MIXTAPES)

all out now!

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
      Tha Carter 3
      Tha Carter 2
      FWA
      I Am Not Human Being 1
      Tha Carter 5
      Like Father Like Son
      (NOT INCLUDING MIXTAPES)

all out now!

Don't get it twisted. I am fully aware of the multiple classic albums and mixtapes weezy has releaed. Still, the majority of his projects in the latter years of his career have been mid imo

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Tha Carter 5 has some great joints on there, but it way too bloated, could've been classic if he cut it down to 14-15 songs. Let it all work out still one of hist best songs in the last few years

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCitySQ View Post
        No one has claimed that this is AOTY let alone a great project in Waynes discography. (EDIT: I guess Jhoya thinks its one of the best projects)

I agree with @Zimmie review except I like a couple of the tracks that he doesnt, and dont like a few that he does.

I also don't agree that it's a bad overall project. Everyone seems to be able to pick 5-10 tracks that they like a lot, 5-10 that they don't like at all, and 5-10 that might just not stand out.

I think this makes a decent to good album. A bad album would not have any good to great tracks on it.

In conclusion... Funeral is an average album in Waynes discography.
        I agree completely

And yea other than maybe the first day legit no one has called funeral album of the year hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by J.M.I View Post
        I think VELVET Will be worse.than this tbh I really really don't want to hear 20 songs of Wayne autotune singing high pitch over a women ... Funeral aint a bad album but it's also 100% not good for a rapper who is 20.years in the game & is considered a GOAT
        Agreed initially i was interested but somethn tells me they ain't gonna execute it right... it'll probably mostly be autotuned singing wayne

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Shake View Post
        What I got from Funeral is that it is Tunechi trying to fit in with this new generation of rap and it does not work
        Exactly it worked for some songs but nah I don't want to hear more of what hip hop is already saturated with, I'm a Weezy fan cause I expect better and different

Comment

Originally posted by J.M.I View Post
          I think VELVET Will be worse.than this tbh I really really don't want to hear 20 songs of Wayne autotune singing high pitch over a women ... Funeral aint a bad album but it's also 100% not good for a rapper who is 20.years in the game & is considered a GOAT
          Most of the songs from Velvet Sessions (not all) are better than what's on Funeral and they are unfinished =/

Comment

It was average aka not amazing but it didn�t suck either......

Dear Mr. ImTooGoodToDropAnAlbum

Comment

does anyone else miss IANAHB2 wayne or am i alone with that.

Comment

Originally posted by TrukDaWurl77 View Post
                does anyone else miss IANAHB2 wayne or am i alone with that.
                I want more OG IANAHB2 SESSIONS

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
                  I want more OG IANAHB2 SESSIONS
                  YESSSSSSSSSS. dude i just miss his voice & his flow from that era. i know a lot of people hated on it but to me he just sounded so fucking good. gunwalk, trigger finger, love me, god bless amerika, beat the shit, no worries, i aint nervous.. all classics to me.

Comment

Yeah, me too. His flow on Trigger Finger is amazing

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by TrukDaWurl77 View Post
                    YESSSSSSSSSS. dude i just miss his voice & his flow from that era. i know a lot of people hated on it but to me he just sounded so fucking good. gunwalk, trigger finger, love me, god bless amerika, beat the shit, no worries, i aint nervous.. all classics to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and Soulja Boy

Comment

The album's a metaphorical masterpiece. It's WAYNES FUNERAL. That's why it sounds like that. He's killing the old Wayne. On the first song he's killing himself

Comment

Originally posted by -_- View Post
                          The album's a metaphorical masterpiece. It's WAYNES FUNERAL. That's why it sounds like that. He's killing the old Wayne. On the first song he's killing himself
                          See my dude if this was the case I'd be 100% with it but he been said it has no concept so in reality is just slapped togethor nonsense

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Working...
                          X