Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eminem Or Wayne Killed "Drop The World"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Eminem Or Wayne Killed "Drop The World"?

meh eminem did way better on this. and wayne and em are my 2 fav artist
    anarchist, anti-militarist, anti-intellectual-property, anti-punishment (so a fortiori anti-death-penalty), anti-big-business, pro-immigration, pro-abortion, pro-secularism, pro-gay-rights, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron>Kobe
      Alright I didn't want to jump on this thread but I just had an epiphany.

First off, Eminem is my favorite rapper and in my opinion the G.O.A.T. his flow, lyrics and delivery are just off the charts. Not much more needs to or can be said.

Wayne is my 2nd favorite rapper. I love his flow too and his ability to get on anyones track and put his own spin on it. However my main beef with him is that his lyrics are like watching a family guy episode, yeah its good but every song/line is virtually interchangeable.

Now on "Drop the World" I think both did their thing and made this song a SICK collab. Wayne stuck to his rock agenda (as many have said) and set Em up perfectly to destroy the last verse by rapping slow the first two verses with emotion and dropping a sick hook. Without Em this would have just been an average Weezy song and without Weezy this would have just been an average Em song. They complement each other extremely well.

And in regards to the current state of the rap game and the competition between these two I view it like this:

As apparent by my screen name I am a huge basketball fan, and in the NBA there are two, irrefutable top dogs: Lebron James and Kobe Bryant. They are incredibly similar when you compare those two to Wayne (LBJ) and Em (Kobe).

Kobe is the veteran, Eminem is the veteran.
      Lebron is the up and comer in the prime of his career, Weezy is as well.

Kobe is considered the more 'skilled player' (hits his jump shots, infinite number of moves, can get a shot off in any situation, scores at will), Eminem is considered the more "skilled� lyricist.
      Lebron is considered to rely more on his strength,speed, and raw talent to get his points. Wayne doesn't write his lyrics down and relies on his raw ability to get him through the track.

Kobe has that 'killer instinct'. Like Micheal Jordan did, Kobe wants to tear your heart out every time hes on the court with you. Eminem wants to murder you on the mic every time he collabs with you (ask Jay-Z or anyone on the �Forever� track). Em wants to leave no doubt hes the best. Also Em will beef with you.

Lebron is the more playful one, dancing before games doing funny commercials, etc. Wayne is the more �playful� Emcee and collabs with many artists. Could you picture Eminem collaborating with Kevin Rudolf? I can't. Additionally, Wayne doesn't do beefs.

Kobe came into the game and dominated right off the bat (3 rings early in his career, Em had 3 Grammy nominees for Album of the year with MMLP, SSLP and TMS).
      Wayne came into the game and was dominant, but didn't really make the splash that Eminem made early in his career.

Kobe fought against personal trials (the Colorado rape scandal) which tarnished his image.
      Eminem has had his demons too with the drug use and Proof's death causing him to take a hiatus from rap.
      Whereas Lebron and Wayne have had only minor setbacks (up until Wayne's sentence that is) and have began stating their case for why they are the best in the game.

In conclusion the debate rages on as to who is better: Kobe or Lebron, Eminem or Lil Wayne and there are people on both side of the fences with justifiable cases. The fact is Lebron is a star and will be a star for a while to come, as is Lil Wayne. Kobe is getting older but is still a fucking beast and far from being done, as is Eminem.

well put bro

Comment

They just had a totally different flow, Em went in hard n fast just spittin fire, while Wayne did a motivational lecture lol
        Murder capital, only key to survive is kill
        If the elements dont murder you the riders will 4 real
        And niggas know I goes hard to the fullest
        Get involved and I got em playin dodge ball with bullets

Comment

^ LMAO!! motivational lecture...

The Eminem/Kobe compared to Wayne/LeBron, while well written, is complete hog shit. Because that would be implying that they are close in talent, 1a and 1b. This is simply note the case.

A better comparison would be: Eminem is Jordan, Wayne is Kobe. Why?

Eminem is more accomplished than any previous rapper, just like Jordan is more accomplished than any previous basketball player (except for Bill Russel maybe...but I'd compare him to Nas ) Literally, his accomplishments are closer to Beatles and Rolling Stones territory than Lil Wayne territory:

- Won Best Rap Album for Each of his first 3 LP's (first person ever)
          - The motherfucker has an Academy Award. Nuff said
          - Best selling ARTIST of the 21st Century (not rapper, ARTIST)
          - Ranked as a top 100 ARTIST of ALL TIME by Rolling Stone. Nuff said
          - Named "Best Rapper Ever" by Vibe Magazine READERS POLL. Nuff said
          - Named "Best Rapper Alive" by Vibe Magazine READERS POLL. Nuff said
          - Named as ARTIST OF THE DECADE (!!!!!) by Rolling Stones Magazine. (Yes, re-read that. Artist. of. the. decade. Considering that rolling stone has a heavy rock bias, this is pretty insane.)
          - 3x Source Lyricist of the Year (Despite beefing with the owner of the magazine. Insane)

Also, just like how Kobe looks up to Jordan, Wayne looks up to Em. We all know about the "I can't fuck with Em" statement on Semtex, it's proven.

And as for who killed it on this song....it's pretty obvious.

Comment

why are you guys writing essays?

sad thing is you probably dont do it in school.

Comment

Originally posted by Xclusive Wayne
              why are you guys writing essays?

sad thing is you probably dont do it in school.
              Wait sorry what did you say? I was looking at the two bachelors degrees hanging in my office, I must have missed it.
              If you're really so curious, I typed that up because I was bored at work.

You're 16 years old. You can't even watch a rated R movie yet. In fact, you can't even buy a fucking Lil Wayne album without your mommy being there, unless you wanna cop the clean version. So shut the fuck up, get off the internet, go do your geometry homework, and leave the posting to the big boys k?

Comment

Working...
              X