No announcement yet.

Kendrick Lamar Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still can't believe Kdot pulled this off.. I had high expectations but I still had a little doubt.. Met my expectations and exceded them.

I thank m.A.A.d City is hands down the best song to come out this year.. I love the beat switch to that G-Funk type beat.

Comment

• This is probably the only album I've considered buying both physical and iTunes version. One of those albums you're gonna be glad to say you bought the day it came out.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

During an interview with L.A. Leakers, the Compton, California native explained the meaning behind m.A.A.d, stating that it's a two-pronged acronym, the second of which was inspired by a bad smoking experience.
      "It's two too manys. The first is 'my angry adolescent divided,' and the basic standout meaning is 'my angel's on angel dust.' That's the reason why I don't smoke," he said. "That was me. I got laced. The reason I don't smoke, and it's in the album. It's in the story. It was just me getting my hands on the wrong thing at the wrong time, being oblivious to it."
      K. Dot also said that the and T.I. have a collaboration for the Southern rapper's upcoming album Trouble Man, and that he will drop his project with J. Cole "out the sky."
      Aww shit

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
      http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

• Imagine if your first blunt had you foamin at the mouth

Comment

• Anyone got a 320 link?

Comment

• is the album as much a story as Kendrick says in about every interview?

waiting for iTunes version to listen to it

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealMH View Post
              is the album as much a story as Kendrick says in about every interview?

yeah

Comment

• Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
                yeah
                ah nice, Im excited

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealMH View Post
                  is the album as much a story as Kendrick says in about every interview?

It's a very complex story.. will take you a couple listens to comprehend it, but you still won't even understand it all. I've probably listened to the whole album 7-8 times and still haven't got the whole story down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gman918 View Post
                    It's a very complex story.. will take you a couple listens to comprehend it, but you still won't even understand it all. I've probably listened to the whole album 7-8 times and still haven't got the whole story down.
                    Sounds similar to Lupe's first two albums. Looking forward to next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by breezy214 View Post
                      Sounds similar to Lupe's first two albums. Looking forward to next week.
                      You know you can already listen now right? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverinebball11 View Post
                        You know you can already listen now right? Lol
                        I know, but I don't want to. I will listen when my CD comes in.

Comment

• Originally posted by breezy214 View Post
                          I know, but I don't want to. I will listen when my CD comes in.
                          Why don't you want to?

Comment

Working...
                          X