Kendrick Lamar Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LilTunƎchi View Post
    This album is art. The funky/jazzy feel is goat, production is great, and the concept is missing from a lot of people.

You have to listen to it track by track to get the concept, he's telling a poem. starts it at the end of the first song and adds a new line every song, each track is based of and tells a story of the line he stopped at in the previous track. He adresses alot of subjects, from admitting of the flaws in him, to the flaws in the system, and the racial & tribal differences, and how he invites to fix them.

In the outro, he tells the full poem, turns out he made it for tupac. Cause he feels like he's his offspring and he has the same message and motivation pac had, to change the nation and unite it, the same purpose of kings like martin luther. Hence the conversation with tupac. Note that pac's 'me against the world' was released in the same date of today, 20 years ago.
    you know something i noticed!!?! all the songs they fit and tie back into the title for example, how much a dollar cost to pimp a butterfly...hood politics to pimp a butterfly. wesley's theory to pimp a butterfly... KENDRICK LAMAR to pimp a butterfly lol..idk, it just seemed weird to me it seems lol. still trying to figure out what this album means. there's no way you go from good kid mad city to this. its just too humble, i get that its a letter to pac but i expected a bigger twist...like something that would change the way you look at the album. you know what i mean?? idk.

Comment

• So either you love it or hate it is what i'm seeing lol time to download

Comment

• all these white boys glamorizing an album about pro black topics lmao, sry I jus can't relate to this wack music

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

• Originally posted by THA GR8 M8 View Post
          all these white boys glamorizing an album about pro black topics lmao, sry I jus can't relate to this wack music
          it's wack because its "pro black"

Comment

• Originally posted by LilTunƎchi View Post
            This album is art. The funky/jazzy feel is goat, production is great, and the concept is missing from a lot of people.

You have to listen to it track by track to get the concept, he's telling a poem. starts it at the end of the first song and adds a new line every song, each track is based of and tells a story of the line he stopped at in the previous track. He adresses alot of subjects, from admitting of the flaws in him, to the flaws in the system, and the racial & tribal differences, and how he invites to fix them.

In the outro, he tells the full poem, turns out he made it for tupac. Cause he feels like he's his offspring and he has the same message and motivation pac had, to change the nation and unite it, the same purpose of kings like martin luther. Hence the conversation with tupac. Note that pac's 'me against the world' was released in the same date of today, 20 years ago.
            damn kdot really the young goat

Comment

• So much better than the lame Drake project

Comment

• if you have to listen to an album a certain way or 5 times to finally enjoy it
                then that means it aint good lol

Originally posted by Lil Waynes Height View Post
                So much better than the lame Drake project
                stop lying to yaself bruh
                that project dope and you know it

Comment

all these white boys glamorizing an album about pro black topics lmao, sry I jus can't relate to this wack music
                  Was thinking the same shit. Sorry K Dot... Sophomore year lookin kinda weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lil Waynes Height View Post
                    So much better than the lame Drake project
                    better than every drake project

Comment

That's all you took out of it?

Damn. You need to go back and listen again m8

I've been annotating it on genius and this shit is fucking deep. It's not just about race issues

Comment

• Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
                        it's wack because its "pro black"
                        no. I said its wack bc I can't relate to it

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Theonlydjorkaeff View Post
                        That's all you took out of it?Damn. You need to go back and listen again m8I've been annotating it on genius and this shit is fucking deep. It's not just about race issues
                        nah am good on listening to it

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

• Originally posted by Raw_Tune View Post
                          You definitely need to relisten this is one of the best projects that i have ever heard.
                          All of his albums are heavily jazz influenced.
                          Cant get into it...

And GKMC didnt feel jazz influenced? That was a classic and the beat were dope. It was rap not this...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MORO551 View Post
                          This is dope af. AOTY for sure...

Try to listen to the songs as a whole, not just the beat.

- - - Updated - - -

This is dope af. AOTY for sure...

Try to listen to the songs as a whole, not just the beat.
                          I mean lyrically its good for sure and his stories is def interesting to listen to.

But I hate jazz. Music is so much more then JUST lyrics and I cant get into that jazz bullshit tbh

Comment

Working...
                          X