No announcement yet.

Rap Genius: Why There Will Never be a 'GOAT' in Hip-Hop - An Extensive Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rap Genius: Why There Will Never be a 'GOAT' in Hip-Hop - An Extensive Analysis

I might be a LITTLE biased against Wayne, but that's because I've heard enough of his music to cultivate my own opinion of him, and it's also a shared opinion on RapGenius, so I knew people would relate to the example.
    I have nothing against Wayne as an artist, but I personally don't see him as being 'great,' I more see him as relevant TODAY, an interesting and popular musician, but not someone who is going to be relevant many years after he ceases releasing music.
    -The author of that blog post

Comment

Re: Rap Genius: Why There Will Never be a 'GOAT' in Hip-Hop - An Extensive Analysis

Originally posted by Stormium View Post
      I might be a LITTLE biased against Wayne, but that's because I've heard enough of his music to cultivate my own opinion of him, and it's also a shared opinion on RapGenius, so I knew people would relate to the example.
      I have nothing against Wayne as an artist, but I personally don't see him as being 'great,' I more see him as relevant TODAY, an interesting and popular musician, but not someone who is going to be relevant many years after he ceases releasing music.
      -The author of that blog post
      Wayne imprint on rap isn't even debatable...Being great is so much more than the musical aspect...in addition to giving us Drake and Nicki Minaj...the unstoppable YMCMB empire and a mili sold twice.....his place is concrete in history....how great he is is debatable....but his greatness is not....His influence is all over the place..
      Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
        Wayne imprint on rap isn't even debatable...Being great is so much more than the musical aspect...in addition to giving us Drake and Nicki Minaj...the unstoppable YMCMB empire and a mili sold twice.....his place is concrete in history....how great he is is debatable....but his greatness is not....His influence is all over the place..
        *Impact.

Comment

Originally posted by XO GANG View Post
          *Impact.
          I meant influence though...
          Mississippi x California x North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
            I meant influence though...
            Wayne =/= influence.

Impact yes, top 10 but not influencial..

Comment

Jay-Z and Eminem are GOATS.... but which one is the GOATEST?

Comment

Originally posted by XO GANG View Post
                Wayne =/= influence.

Impact yes, top 10 but not influencial..
                How is Wayne not influential?

Comment

are yall fucking kidding me...Tell me what person didnt have wayne on there ipod or a cd in 2008..tell me c3 didnt change rap forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportz View Post
                    How is Wayne not influential?
                    I don't really attribute him as bringing anything new to the game...

I rate Kanye as influential because of 808's (Cudi, Drake etc..) Wayne has no project that people draw from..

He has great impact but not a lot of influence.

Comment

Working...
                    X