X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mr. FTP & Young Fire Present: The Reasoning

Originally posted by THP850 View Post
    Damn man!
    Yeah and when i told em' that you guys wasnt signed or something and its just a mixtape,
    they agreed that you and FTP has mad skills.

Comment

Mixtape Review

La La La

Flow: Young Fire had a pretty good flow and so did Mr. FTP. Had some catchy parts in it.
      Lyrics: Good smoking song and you guys stayed on topic all the way through. Nice.
      Other Notes:
      Bad mixing in the beginning kind of threw me off, but good beat. Your verses were too short.
      Overall/Rating:
      3/5

Go Hard or Go Home
      Flow: FTP's voice still throws me off sometimes, but I can see improvements in his emotion.
      Lyrics: Nice hook, FTP had the perfect voice for it. As for the verses I found them basic, nothing special.
      Other Notes: I think you guys could have went harder lyrically, but the hook was fucking sick. Wish I had a mic to jump on it.
      Overall/Rating: 3/5

Higher
      Flow: Young Fire had a pretty good flow all the way through
      Lyrics: Young Fire had some pretty good lyrics and FTP had a catchy verse as well.
      Other Notes: Good instrumental to go off on. I am seeing improvement in both of you, but there is still room for improvement.
      Overall/Rating: 4/5

New Invasion
      Flow: Young Fire had his same flow. FTP I liked the flow that you had in the beginning, but it fell off near the end. Ruthless your flow was off. You shouldn't have to speed up your flow mid bar just to fit it to the beat.
      Lyrics: Young Fire's lyrics were kind of fake in terms of packing guns and clips. FTP had some good punchlines, but it was average overall. Ruthless had average lyrics as well.
      Other Notes: Decent hook and a nice beat again.
      Overall/Rating: 2/5

No Love
      Flow: Flows were average, but kind of boring to me.
      Lyrics: You both had average lyrics, nothing special.
      Other Notes:
      I wasn't feeling this one and I think it was a poor attempt at recreating Wayne/Eminem's No Love.
      Overall/Rating:
      1/5

Beamer, Benz or Bentley [Bonus Track]
      Flow: Young Fire had a sick flow on this, very catchy. FTP, I wish you would have had the same flow as Young Fire, but it was terrible.
      Lyrics: You both had good lyrics, but I think Young Fire did better.
      Other Notes: FTP you should have rapped faster, but this song was pretty good.
      Overall/Rating: 4/5

Weed On My Mind [Bonus Track]
      Flow: Young Fire had a pretty good flow. FTP had a consistent flow throughout his verse.
      Lyrics: Another weed song (figures). You guys had average lyrics overall, but did FTP have autotune on?
      Other Notes: Wasn't really feeling this song, seemed to lack emotion again. Also, I think you guys are overdoing the smoking songs, kinda like Wiz.
      Overall/Rating: 1/5

Mixtape Overall/Rating:
      Thought the tape was too short and you guys should have taken more time on it. It wasn't bad though and had some listenable songs on it, but some songs weren't that great. I give it a 2.5/5

Comment

Appreciate that one Artille. But this mixtape was focused more on smoking (See cover and mixtape name). Were originally going to do all smoking songs at first, but changed it up half way through the mixtape.

La La La - I dont get what you mean is wrong with the mixing? Can you explain please

Go Hard Or Go Home - I dont know what you mean we should have went harder lyrically.... I definitely had multies and good rhyme schemes throughout. Explain this to please

New Invasion - First time i said something about guns in awhile lol.

No Love - We werent really trying to recreate the song lol. We just named it that cause it was a clever name for the sample.

Beamer, Benz, Bentley - Thanks Recorded this like a month or so ago.

Weed On My Mind - Gotta agree with you. Except i dont get what you mean when you say "average lyrics"? You say that alot, but i use multies alot and occasionally have punchlines. But i focus more on lyricism then punches.

Thanks again for the feedback!

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Yeah I know it is a smoking mixtape which is cool, but I guess I'm just not into the whole smoking song shit. Probably because I have only smoked once in the past year. Anyways here are my explanations:

La La La - When you first came in at the beginning right after the intro. Seemed to be either poor mixing or a weird way to come in.

Go Hard or Go Home
          - I understand you had multies and some good rhyme schemes (which I may have missed beings that I only listen to it once), but I'm talking about your overall lyrical content. Lyrics are more than just multies and rhyming. They can be creative, funny, metaphoric, similes, or just meaningful. I didn't see much content in this verse and it lacked the great lyrical content I wanted to hear.

New Invasion
          - Yeah I know, but I think you should just never talk about packing guns and clips, just like I feel FTP should NEVER rap about murder lol. That's just me and I'm sure I bring up packing guns every now and then too. It's no big deal.

No Love - I know it wasn't an exact recreation, but you guys used the same sample. If you would have released this song last month before Recovery leaked I probably would have said it was a sick beat lol.

Weed On My Mind - See 'Go Hard or Go Home' for details on what I mean by average lyrics. Basically, nothing special, not that impressive.

Comment

for La La La its two different beats.
            Chris Webby's La La La Hook and Beat.
            and Auburn's La La La beat.
            So Young Fire had to mixed it up and get it close as it could be. but idk artille. im really feelin' this mixtape. i put a ton of effort into this.
            Thanks for the feedback Everyone!!

Comment

I ain't gonna type all that but this was a great tape, once again YF proves that he is one of the best rappers on this site, FTP also does good, both of ya'll's flow & lyrics were great throughout the tape, Definitely to short, i wanna here more punchlines next time My favorite track was Beamer, Benz or Bentley, eberything was perfect on there. Cover art needed some work though

Overall
              3.5/5

Good job guys, wanna here more music from both of ya'll in the future

Comment

Fuckin mixtape is straight FIYA! FTP N YF killed it

Comment

Originally posted by KasualyFamouz View Post
                  Fuckin mixtape is straight FIYA! FTP N YF killed it
                  Thanks bro! Appreciate it! what was your favorite track?

Comment

Appreciate the feedback everyone.

And now i understand what you mean Artille Sorry it wasnt up to your expectations though lol

YoungTune - Me and FTP just decided to make a simple cover for it, nothing to special. Plus we didnt want anyone knowing the mixtape was happening lol. Thats why we had no singles, nor did ANYONE know about it lol. It was a surprise

KasualyFamouz - Respsect bro. Thanks for checking it out!

Comment

Pretty solid mixtape favorite track was go hard or go home.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody View Post
                        Pretty solid mixtape favorite track was go hard or go home.
                        Appreciate that fam!

Comment

Damn, this tape goes hard! Major, major props guys!
                          this shit goes on my iPhone right away
                          Last edited by Woocky; 06-26-2010, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X