Re: Side of Me : Produced by BraH

what do you use 2 record

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Chamillitary
      Originally posted by YungNRuthless
      Originally posted by Patriarch
      Originally posted by Sh4d0w
      If u know im going to keep posting my songs,why do u even bother to check em out? Ur just a shit starter dude,thats all u do,get a life.
      Perhaps I keep holding on to the meager hope that you'll do something halfway original one of these times.

I don't just say things to hear myself talk. Think about it for a second - everybody is telling you that you rap like a weezy wannabe. Since you seem to shun the idea of not rapping in that, for lack of a better word, weezy voice, changing the content of your songs to something different from mainstream southern shit would be an excellent way to differentiate yourself from this website's namesake.
      why dont u even give me advice?.. i notice u never say anything bad about my stuff, or even good? sorry to go off topic i just wanna know why?
      whats so wrong with southern

Comment

What is wrong with mainstream southern? How about that fact that every complaint about rap as an overall genre is proudly perpetuated through southern hip hop. One of the most common criticisms of rap is that everyone only ever raps about their cars, bitches and money. While the west and east have branched out and explored other themes within their music, the south remains firmly entrenched in this cesspool of stereotype-perpetuating bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriarch
          What is wrong with mainstream southern? How about that fact that every complaint about rap as an overall genre is proudly perpetuated through southern hip hop. One of the most common criticisms of rap is that everyone only ever raps about their cars, bitches and money. While the west and east have branched out and explored other themes within their music, the south remains firmly entrenched in this cesspool of stereotype-perpetuating bullshit.
          yes, this is true, but i doubt the mainstream will change from it. who's going to step up and make something that shows lyrical prowess and talks about real shit that dents the current-and-foreseeable mainstream future? or is that what mainstream is meant to be forever?
          and since i live in "the south", i'd like to say something positive on some of the artists' behalf. just because southern hip hop has brought this money rap doesn't mean all artists in the south are like that

otherwise, i listened to your song and i wasn't sure who was rapping, but it's the best i've heard from the last few of your songs, at least i liked the bass over the lyrics
          �Nature has wisely judged that the distinction of ranks, the peace and order of society, would rest more securely upon the plain and palpable difference of birth and fortune, than upon the invisible and often uncertain difference of wisdom and virtue.

-Adam Smith, Theory of Moral Sentiments

Comment

sick shit nigga.

Smoke good, eat good.
            Only fuck a bitch if her throat good, feet good.
            Just bought a fleetwood, and imma put some D's on that bitch.
            Looking like i gotta diamond disease on my wrist.

Comment

Working...
            X