X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Written Tournament [WINNER ANNOUNCED]

ARTILLE PRESENTS
    THA STUDIO'S FIRST WRITTEN RAP TOURNAMENT

This will be the official thread for Tha Studio's first written tournament. All discussion, rounds, and results will be posted in here. Every time there is a new round I will update the brackets on the original post and the round information on the second post. I will also update the topic name every time a new round begins to keep participants alert. Any questions about the tournament rules should be posted in here.

JUDGES
    Artille
    dinonid
    YoungMoneyEnt

TOURNAMENT DETAILS

BRACKETS: Unlike the Studio tournament, the written tournament will be based on brackets. It will be a double elimination style tournament with a Winners and Losers bracket. That means if you lose in the Winners bracket, you will be bumped down to the Losers bracket. If you lose there, you are eliminated. The Winner of each bracket (Winners/Losers) will be sent to the Championship Finals.

THEME: Themes will be implemented into most rounds to prevent cheating and previously written lyrics. All details on themes will be posted for each round as I update.

DISQUALIFICATIONS: There are only a couple ways to get disqualified from a round. Cheating of any kind will not be tolerated. If you are caught cheating you will be automatically kicked from the tournament and banned from the next tournament held. If you are caught using an old verse you will be disqualified for that round and sent to the Losers bracket, or if already there, removed from the tournament. You will lose your round if you do not send your verse in on time, no exceptions! If you do not send in a verse at all you lose the round, obviously.

SENDING IN VERSES: All verses will be sent to me (Artille) by PM and will not be posted in this thread until the end of the round. I will send the verse to the other 2 judges. If your verse does not contain the theme given and your opponents does, you can expect to lose. You have 24 hours from the point that the rules for the current round are posted to send in your verse. If you miss the deadline, you lose the round. To compete in each round you must respond to my PM that I send you about it. If you do not respond by the time the Round is posted, you do not participate and your opponent gets a bye, simple as that. This will help avoid people writing verses for no reason when they don't have an opponent.

POINTS: After each tournament, each participant in the tournament will be given points toward the next tournament based on what place they come in. The point system is simple and is posted below. Points determine where you are seeded for future tournaments.

1st Place = 10 Points
    2nd Place = 8 Points
    3rd Place = 6 Points
    4th Place = 5 Points
    5th Place = 4 Points
    6th Place = 3 Points
    7th Place = 2 Points
    8th Place = 1 Point
    9th-16th Place = 0 Points

PRIZES: I still don't know the prize(s). As of now the only prize is a userbar and bragging rights. More prizes will be announced in the near future.

WINNERS BRACKET

LOSERS BRACKET

Re: Official Written Tournament Thread

Championship Finals Details
    THEME: 3 verses|3 themes.
    VERSE 1: Pure disses. Come hard at your opponent, show NO mercy.
    VERSE 2: Similes/Metaphors/Punchlines. Be creative!
    VERSE 3: Anything (Freestyle). It MUST be a new verse though. If caught using an old/stolen verse you will be disqualified!
    JUDGED ON: Who has the best 3 verses. Judged on overall flow, disses, creativity, and overall lyrics
    BARS (PER VERSE): Minimum of 16/ Maximum of 32

Entries are due Friday at 4:30 PM EST
    That's 48 hours!
    Begin...

Comment

well, when does it start?
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. FTP
        well, when does it start?
        lol
        look at the above post.

Comment

alright, good shit mayne.
          so theme will be announced on friday?

Comment

I guess since im bye first round. PM me if you need help/opinions for anything on first round. Ill help.

Comment

Originally posted by skimdudee420
              I guess since im bye first round. PM me if you need help/opinions for anything on first round. Ill help.
              If you have any ideas just PM me. Because as of now I can't think of anything, but feel free to share your ideas.

Originally posted by Mr. FTP
              alright, good shit mayne.
              so theme will be announced on friday?
              Yes sir. at 4:00 PM EST (when I get home from school)

Comment

Originally posted by Artille
                If you have any ideas just PM me. Because as of now I can't think of anything, but feel free to share your ideas.
                Okay, ive been trying to think loll. You already have a theme? Want me to help with that?

And i have another question, are all rounds "battling" each other or are some best verse? Explain to me that...

Comment

Originally posted by Artille
                  Okay, ive been trying to think loll. You already have a theme? Want me to help with that?

And i have another question, are all rounds "battling" each other or are some best verse? Explain to me that...
                  To your first question. Yes I have a theme made for every round already. I might change a few because I came up with a couple good ones. The better themes are in the Winners Bracket I'll let you know that much.

There are only a couple battling (dis) themed rounds. Most of them are best verse while some of them are judged on another standard (secret). So you won't have to necessary dig up dirt on someone every round lol. Also, the finals are going to be tough, I will tell you that much. It will be epic.

Comment

im pumped Got fucking dizzy in my part of the bracket though, shiet.
                    It's always Carter Season in Portland.

Comment

Update on the participants of Round 1.

I have received a PM from the following participant(s)

Mr. FTP
                      dpl41612
                      Dizzy Mays
                      Bliss47
                      djsteezybeatz
                      Jrock
                      Weezy F Baby
                      bestbballpoint28
                      Safe_Kid
                      Fredd
                      CMM
                      Enigma
                      YoungTwistOfLife

I am still waiting for a PM from the following participant(s)

astanfield68

You have until Friday at 4:00 PM EST to PM me back.

Comment

Artille when rounds start do you wanna put the deadline time in GMT as well so I don't have to try and figure it out lol

Comment

Working...
                        X