This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sportz View Post
    I think the "Post added" function needs to be removed. What if someone says something in their first post that I am thankful for, so I thank it, but then, due to the "Post added" function, they say something that I abhor, so I don't want to thank it? In other words, imagine this scenario:

1. User X says "I love User Y."
    2. User Y thanks User X's post.
    3. Before another user posts, User X posts again in the thread, so, instead of two posts appearing, his two posts are combined due to the "Post added" function. In this added post, User X says "Fuck User Y. I hate User Y."

If User Y knew that User X was going to get that added to his original post, User X would not have given thanks.

The only useful purpose for this function is the result of moderator or administrator laziness. This function makes it easier for people with moderation powers to simply delete one spammer's combined posts instead of multiple posts by the spammer. I don't think catering to the lethargy of moderators or administrators is acceptable.
    I do not follow. What is this post added function you're talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisheezy View Post
      I do not follow. What is this post added function you're talking about?
      I think he means if you make two posts back to back.... how it groups them into one post rather then two..

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Kinda like this....

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

• Originally posted by PrettyFlacko. View Post
        I think he means if you make two posts back to back.... how it groups them into one post rather then two..

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Kinda like this....
        Oh I see, thanks.

@Sportz
        It was implemented to stop double posting which before this hack was in place was happening everywhere and spam was all over the place, people complaining, spammers posting multiple times etc so I found it and got Danny to add it. It's nothing to do with lazy modding it's just a efficient way of stopping double posts.

Plus if you want to post again then edit your post and post what else you need to post, or wait a while and you can post another post without the hack doing that, it has a specific time limit in where it'll merg your posts together to prevent spam and double posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisheezy View Post
          Oh I see, thanks.

@Sportz
          It was implemented to stop double posting which before this hack was in place was happening everywhere and spam was all over the place, people complaining, spammers posting multiple times etc so I found it and got Danny to add it. It's nothing to do with lazy modding it's just a efficient way of stopping double posts.

Plus if you want to post again then edit your post and post what else you need to post, or wait a while and you can post another post without the hack doing that, it has a specific time limit in where it'll merg your posts together to prevent spam and double posting.

Then I think an un-thank feature is necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportz View Post
            Then I think an un-thank feature is necessary.
            Or use your thanks more wisely

Comment

• Comment

• Wisheezy told me to post this here so Danny could see it.

Originally Posted by Gman918
                Hey Wisheezy, every time I'm on my phone (Iphone 4s, Safari) and I'm on LilWayneHQ.com I'll go to the forums and I'll sign in but right after I leave that page it justs signs me out.. So basically I can't stay signed in on the mobile version on my phone.. Is this a common problem? Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong? Idk, thanks anyway doe.
                Originally Posted by Wisheezy
                oh shit..err well sometimes thats happened to me on my PC but if you just carry on browsing the forums it shud then say ur logged in?..I think maybe go to the blog suggestions so danny can see all this becausei really dont use or know about the mobile forums as much as he does but it seems to be an issue.
                Originally posted by Gman918 View Post
                Like I'll log in and it will say I'm logged in, but then lets say I'll go the the Kdot thread and try to reply to the thread, it will just say I'm not logged in and the process will repeat itself. I'll post this in the blog suggestions..

You know the problem Danny? thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gman918 View Post
                  Wisheezy told me to post this here so Danny could see it.

You know the problem Danny? thanks.
                  Do you have "stay logged in" ticked

Comment

• Danny, a "Thanks" function for the mobile version would be super dope...

Go & Listen ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny M View Post
                      Do you have "stay logged in" ticked
                      yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Swag View Post
                        Danny, a "Thanks" function for the mobile version would be super dope...
                        tbh

Comment

• this popped up for me

Comment

Working...
                          X