This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blog/Forum Suggestions and Discussion

Here is the new and improved site and forum suggestions thread. The last thread was cluttered with stuff from the old phpBB forums, so this new thread should be able to be organized and allow us to fulfill the wants/needs from our members for the forums.

List of Ideas
    New Site Layout
    New Forum Layout
    Mobile Forum Mod
    Advanced Forum Statistics Mod
    Latest News Scroll on Bottom Bar
    "Delete Post" Option for Members
    Anti-Post Count Section w/ Minimal Rules
    Remove "is" Before Status
    Fix Youtube Tags
    Fix Image Tags
    Tapatalk Forum App
    Countdown BBCode

Note: Posts that don't give an idea will be removed to reduce clutter and allow for easier compiling of all the ideas. We're also doing this because, to Danny and I, we don't care what the majority thinks. So if we come across a good idea it will be implemented.

Last edited by Artille; 08-26-2010, 04:38 PM.

Re: [Official Site/Forum Suggestions] Got Some Ideas? Post Them Here!

Front page, the layout is extremely old and simple. Not that, that makes it bad, but like, if you have a epic modern sexy front layout then it will definitely appeal more to people which could lead to huge benefits like more traffic.

Forum layout, I know you're going to be working on something so that's cool. Long as it's something pretty epic and maybe more than one skin so people can chose which one to use, for example, a light and dark skin.

I'd like to see this mod maybe come in when Danny has some time:

BlackBerry / Android / iPhone / Nokia app for vBulletin - Tapatalk - vBulletin.org Forum

I'm always on my blackberry and spend alot of time at my girls house so when I get a little bored at least I can view and mod the forum wherever I am lol.

Not needed but might be cool, just gathering some idea's anyway:
    Advanced forum stats, latest posts, etc.
    VSa - Advanced Forum Statistics (AJAX) - vBulletin.org Forum

This hack may be cool for Artille and Tha Studio/ and even GFX tournys, etc.
    Forum Tournaments & Ladders v4.x - vBulletin.org Forum

Also we could have a box at the bottom of the forum for SOTM winner?

The grey bar at the bottom. May not have great use now, but has potential. How about feed to the latest news titles on LWHQ and YMHQ.com that scrolls across it and is hyperlinked to the artile of that news. Maybe even a scroll of the latest tweets and options to reply and login to retweet, etc.

Comment

A "delete post" botton, so u can delete your own post if ya make a double post, or maybe your browser fucks up.. I really think that's what we are missin'.

Comment

A section where post count doesn't matter, nor do rules matter. Obviously a couple rules will apply (Racism, Respect others, etc), but none of that double post, post character count, etc bullshit. It can just be like random forum for whatever. Maybe it could be a subsection or something.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Home page needs to be updated, Maybe take away the "Is" from the status as a few members have mentioned, Maybe a mobile version. I'll post some more later.
          Last edited by Artille; 08-23-2010, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THP850 View Post
            A section where post count doesn't matter, nor do rules matter. Obviously a couple rules will apply (Racism, Respect others, etc), but none of that double post, post character count, etc bullshit. It can just be like random forum for whatever. Maybe it could be a subsection or something.
            Yeah I was thinking the same thing just an Unmodded Sub Section entitled Chat Sh*t or something so people can post whatever without being drilled.

Comment

Img code.

[*img][*/img] - without the *.

And take out that one video embed plug-in that doesn't work. And maybe work on a better one in general.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

The image code works, but the Youtube code doesn't. That's the only one I've came across that didn't work correctly.

[ IMG]http://XYZ.jpg[ /IMG] - Is the image code (No space)

[ YTID]XYZ[ /YTID] - Is the current Youtube code (No space)

When it should be:
                [ Youtube]URl[ /Youtube] (No space)

Comment

Is this forum already enabled on Tapatalk ?

Thanks !

Greets
                  Luna K
                  There is no ceilings... There's only the sky... And the sky is the limit... But how come there are footsteps on the moon ?

Comment

Originally posted by Skullcandy365.erichq View Post
                    The image code works, but the Youtube code doesn't. That's the only one I've came across that didn't work correctly.

[ IMG]http://XYZ.jpg[ /IMG] - Is the image code (No space)

[ YTID]XYZ[ /YTID] - Is the current Youtube code (No space)

When it should be:
                    [ Youtube]URl[ /Youtube] (No space)
                    [youtube] does work too.

Comment

Countdown BB Code - vBulletin.org Forum

BBCode Countdown code? It's pretty cool for countdowns to events/album drops..and not to mention when Weezy is free!

Comment

A mobile site would be really good especially for iPhone/iPad users like myself because sometimes this site can run really slow on an iPhone and myself and probably others too are always on the go so it would be a great addon.

Also maybe expanding into applications such as building a mobile site around this app.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapat...307880732?mt=8

EDIT 09/3/2010 : Or maybe just how you can choose to suscribe to a thread, maybe you can request to get instant notifications for a thread (like on Facebook) when someone responds to what you said, and when you create a thread you automatically get notified when someone replies.

EDIT: 9/5/2010: In order to get more members maybe we should make the forums visible to guests but when they click on a thread they are prompted to something telling them they need to sign up in order to view the threads. Because I've noticed theres always like 5 guests just browsing a thread and like 2 members (on average). When something big happens on here for example when everyone thought DIO7 was coming soon there was like 30 members viewing the thread and 150 + guests.
                        Last edited by iGot5onit; 09-05-2010, 07:38 PM. Reason: Adding in another suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                        X