This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
    @WeezYIsCraaazY Taxi Driver is fucking overrated. I'm sure it was great and revolutionary back then, but now, it's just a long boring movie with a few goodies. 6/10
    Yes, I just said that
    Btw, it's one of your fav movies and you fail at the year it was released.

Nah, it's not overrated. It might be in your opinion - but you are easily the minority. Doesn't matter, though; I'm glad you gave your opinion on it, whether I agree with it or not.

Oh shit, wrong year.

Comment

• The fuck. 1408 is a sick film but I've just realised I watched the one with the alternate so now I'm pissed haha. Going to have to go back and watch the real ending.

Just watched the theatrical ending and that is much better. Film is great but I was in state of mind fuck at one point haha. Definitely recommend it. Wouldn't say it was the scariest horror, it's more of a psychological thriller.
      Last edited by ajlfc92; 06-05-2012, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• What makes a movie a classic? because my brother shut me down when i said training day is a classic lol -___-

Comment

• Originally posted by GrimGenius View Post
          What makes a movie a classic? because my brother shut me down when i said training day is a classic lol -___-
          The whole concept of a classic needs to be taken in context. For me, a classic is a film that has a lot of depth, a lot of emotion, and a lot of challenging ideas; films like Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, the Godfather and Pulp Fiction would fit that criteria. For others, films need to have performed well at the Box-office to be called a classic, therefore, Raging Bull would not fit the bill.

Perhaps for you, a classic needs to be an entertaining film with intuitive characters and narratives, like Training Day does.

Hope that helped.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
            The whole concept of a classic needs to be taken in context. For me, a classic is a film that has a lot of depth, a lot of emotion, and a lot of challenging ideas; films like Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, the Godfather and Pulp Fiction would fit that criteria. For others, films need to have performed well at the Box-office to be called a classic, therefore, Raging Bull would not fit the bill. Perhaps for you, a classic needs to be an entertaining film with intuitive characters and narratives, like Training Day does. Hope that helped.
            helped a lot, movies sometimes suck nowadays b/c it's all abt remakes now

Comment

• Originally posted by GrimGenius View Post
              helped a lot, movies sometimes suck nowadays b/c it's all abt remakes now
              Yep. I have no problem (I actually prefer) movie based off of novels, but when films are remade over and over again, it starts lacking in quality.

Comment

• You all take movie watching to another level lolol

I just watch movies that are entertaining and are enjoyable. I'm not worried about plots and shit.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

• Originally posted by PrettyFlacko. View Post
                  You all take movie watching to another level lolol

I just watch movies that are entertaining and are enjoyable. I'm not worried about plots and shit.
                  Oh really?

Your Cool...
                  Originally posted by Shake
                  Why so negative all the time???

Comment

• Originally posted by Vocker View Post
                    Oh really?

Your Cool...
                    Well thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vocker View Post
                      Oh really?

Your Cool...
                      movies are too complex for his little mind

Comment

• Originally posted by PrettyFlacko. View Post
                        Well thanks.
                        my first -ve rep (i guess). nice, there is a first thing for everything.
                        Originally posted by Shake
                        Why so negative all the time???

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody View Post
                          movies are too complex for his little mind
                          YOU MAD YO EX JOINED MY XBOX LIVE PARTY

Comment

Working...
                          X