X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
    1. THE MASTER (Paul Thomas Anderson)
    2. BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD (Benh Zeitlin)
    3. SKYFALL (Sam Mendes)
    4. ARGO (Ben Affleck)
    5. MOONRISE KINGDOM (Wes Anderson)
    6. KILLING THEM SOFTLY (Andrew Dominik)
    7. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (Christopher Nolan)
    8. THE GREY (Joe Carnahan)
    9. THE CABIN IN THE WOODS (Drew Goddard)
    10. AMOUR (Michael Haneke)

My 10 best/favorite films of 2012. What's everyone else's?
    No particular order.

1. Argo
    2. The Life of Pi (amazing)
    3. The Dark Knight Rises
    4. The Avengers (Really random on the list but film for me was amazing)
    5. Beasts of the Southern Wild
    6. Silver Linings Playbook (In love with Jennifer)
    7. Moonrise Kingdom
    8. Looper
    9. Rust & Bone
    10. The Imposter (film/doc but very good)

Not 100% on my list but pretty close, would have to have more of a think. Still not seen some films I wanna see as well, Hobbit, Django Unchained.
    Last edited by Kuzz; 12-27-2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Damn. Every one just throws Argo at number 1 (if not then in top 3). I guess I just have to give this one a shot.

Btw [MENTION=62093]Kuzz[/MENTION] I've been looking at that Rust and Bone movie, how is it? It looked really moving, sad and beautiful at the same time, but also weird with all that sex tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
        Damn. Every one just throws Argo at number 1 (if not then in top 3). I guess I just have to give this one a shot.

Btw @Kuzz I've been looking at that Rust and Bone movie, how is it? It looked really moving, sad and beautiful at the same time, but also weird with all that sex tbh.
        Argo, is not my number 1. I said no particular order, but it's a good movie.

Well Jacques Audiard is the writer/director of 'A Prophet' so I think that says it all. But yes it is rather sad and beautiful at the same time. It's quite the bit of art. Don't worry about the sex, it's alright.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
        No particular order.

1. Argo
        3. The Dark Knight Rises
        4. The Avengers (Really random on the list but film for me was amazing)
        7. Moonrise Kingdom
        8. Looper
        9. Rust & Bone

Not 100% on my list but pretty close, would have to have more of a think. Still not seen some films I wanna see as well, Hobbit, Django Unchained.
        1. Argo
        3. The Dark Knight Rises
        4. Lawless
        7. Moonrise Kingdom
        8. Looper
        9. Rust & Bone

Had to exchange Avengers for Lawless, one of my favourite movies of the year defo!

Comment

• There's waay to many movies from 2012 I haven't seen (and a lot which I'm pretty sure is great) which makes it quite impossible to make a good top 10 tbh. I haven't really focused on 2012's movies either so.......

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
          Argo, is not my number 1. I said no particular order, but it's a good movie.

the comment about Argo was not directly aimed at you. I just saw a lot of people having it at least in their top 10.

Well Jacques Audiard is the writer/director of 'A Prophet' so I think that says it all. But yes it is rather sad and beautiful at the same time. It's quite the bit of art. Don't worry about the sex, it's alright.
          Aight then. Can't wait to see it tbh. Looks very good.

Comment

• Anchorman is still that shit

Comment

• This is always so hard...
              Lists like this always make me realize that there's still so much to see... In the Netherlands Amour was chosen as best movie of the year by Dutch critics. I have to admit that I never watch movies like that (movies that aren't dutch or English...)

Well here's my list.

Savages
              Argo
              Prometheus
              Project X
              The Dark Knight Rises
              Safe House
              The Hunger Games
              End of Watch
              Skyfall (although I was a little bit disappointed by that one)
              21 Jump Street

Ted didn't make the list unfortunately.

I saw the Avengers too. That movie is so overrated. The story is so weak, like compare it to TDKR, it has no depth at all. The climax btw was stolen from Transformers: DOTM imo.

Worst movie of 2012: The Watch. I went to that with a few friends, I thought it would be funny because of Ben Stiller, Jonah Hill and Vince Vaughn. I haven't laughed once, the whole audience actually didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThijnNickiWeezy View Post
                This is always so hard...
                Lists like this always make me realize that there's still so much to see... In the Netherlands Amour was chosen as best movie of the year by Dutch critics. I have to admit that I never watch movies like that (movies that aren't dutch or English...)

Well here's my list.

Savages
                Argo
                Prometheus
                Project X
                The Dark Knight Rises
                Safe House
                The Hunger Games
                End of Watch
                21 Jump Street

I saw the Avengers too. That movie is so overrated. The story is so weak, like compare it to TDKR, it has no depth at all. The climax btw was stolen from Transformers: DOTM imo.

Worst movie of 2012: The Watch. I went to that with a few friends, I thought it would be funny because of Ben Stiller, Jonah Hill and Vince Vaughn. I haven't laughed once, the whole audience actually didn't.
                The Hunger Games.... Worst movie of the year! Biggest load of overrated, over-hyped shit I've ever seen! All they did was ruin a great idea for a movie! How did it make your top 10?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishWeezyFan View Post
                  The Hunger Games.... Worst movie of the year! Biggest load of overrated, over-hyped shit I've ever seen! All they did was ruin a great idea for a movie! How did it make your top 10?!?
                  That's your opinion. I thought it was a good movie. It received good reviews too btw.
                  What's your top 10?

200th post btw

Comment

• Originally posted by ThijnNickiWeezy View Post
                    This is always so hard...

Well here's my list.

Savages
                    Argo
                    Prometheus
                    Project X
                    The Dark Knight Rises
                    Safe House
                    The Hunger Games
                    End of Watch
                    21 Jump Street

Actually (tho, imo) TDKR wasn't a great movie. It was good but the script was weak imo. It had its moments, like the movie, but it didn't came close enough to BB and TDK tbh.

Oh and btw, you are really missing out if you don't see foreign language movies bruh! ... The Intouchables would be a good film to start with.

But on another note; what's up with the frenchmen creating amazing movies after the other? Seriously it's crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
                      Actually (tho, imo) TDKR wasn't a great movie. It was good but the script was weak imo. It had its moments, like the movie, but it didn't came close enough to BB and TDK tbh.

Oh and btw, you are really missing out if you don't see foreign language movies bruh! ... The Intouchables would be a good film to start with.

But on another note; what's up with the frenchmen creating amazing movies after the other? Seriously it's crazy.
                      What
                      TDK > TDKR I agree but that movie has so much adrenaline, it builds up to a climax, that's what's missing in the Avengers imo

I saw Intouchables. I kinda liked but it's overrated imo. It was a huge hit in my country, it had more than a million visitors (we have 18 million people in the Netherlands so quite a lot). I was more talking about you know the small arthouse movies, like Amour or Jagten. They just don't appeal to me...

Btw, I saw the movie in your sig with my parents when I was young.

Comment

• Oh, and if I were listing best documentaries, Searching for Sugarman and This Is Not a Film would definitely be in there. In fact, the latter was probably better than any feature length film this years, besides The Master​.

Comment

• My top 3 favorite movies:
                          1.Freedom Writers
                          2.Project X
                          3.Fight Club

The 6ix god is watching i hope you prepared to face em

Comment

Working...
                          X