This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
    Bruh, you've became too bitchy when it comes to movies lately tbh.

I'm not hating, but it feels like you just watch 70 old classics and hate on a lot of new ones for no good reason, like "see me, I watch real movies all of y'all don't know what movie is" Hm

You wouldn't call Scarface a classic and LOTR is just mediocre? Seems odd. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how it feels like.

Nah man, but when you watch good movies (not saying you don't, just saying the ones I've watched are to me), you realise what is good and what isn't.

Perhaps I am too harsh with some movies, but I do enjoy a lot of modern stuff; the last three films I've seen in cinemas (Argo, The Master and End of Watch) were all great.

But LOTR definitely isn't, in my opinion.

Comment

How would you rank it among other [great] Pixar movies? (Toy Story, Up, Wall-E etc.) ??
      i liked it better than Wall-E but thats just me i guess, "Brave" was funny and good. been a while since i watched a Pixar movie

Comment

• Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) - IMDb

fucking awful

horrible acting
        horrible plot
        corny dialogues

and some call this a "classic"?

well at least they shot a child
        THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
          Nah man, but when you watch good movies (not saying you don't, just saying the ones I've watched are to me), you realise what is good and what isn't.

Perhaps I am too harsh with some movies, but I do enjoy a lot of modern stuff; the last three films I've seen in cinemas (Argo, The Master and End of Watch) were all great.

But LOTR definitely isn't, in my opinion.
          Good explanation. I just thought it was kinda odd sometimes that's all. I know what you mean tbh - an example I can give you which is kinda new is TDKR. I don't hate it, but it's no where near perfect imo. Or just overall when you re-watch a movie you wached 4 years it may not be as good because you realize things about it that you didn't back then.

-just a quick sidenote: do you hate all the lotr movies, and if so which is your favorite? And are you going to watch The Hobbit?
          Last edited by ProBitaz.; 12-05-2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Good explanation. I just thought it was kinda odd sometimes that's all. I know what you mean tbh - an example I can give you which is kinda new is TDKR. I don't hate it, but it's no where near perfect imo. Or just overall when you re-watch a movie you wached 4 years it may not be as good because you realize things about it that you didn't back then.

-just a quick sidenote: do you hate all the lotr movies, and if so which is your favorite? And are you going to watch The Hobbit?
            Cheers. Agree with DKR point.

I like the first the most, mainly because it runs the same theme as the novel (travelling) the best. I do not like the second at all, and the third is good, but I don't think it's a fitting end, even if the novel says it does.

1 - 3.5/4
            2 - 2/4
            3 - 3/4

I am going to see it, what about you?

Comment

Cheers. Agree with DKR point.

I like the first the most, mainly because it runs the same theme as the novel (travelling) the best. I do not like the second at all, and the third is good, but I don't think it's a fitting end, even if the novel says it does.

1 - 3.5/4
              2 - 2/4
              3 - 3/4

I am going to see it, what about you?
              Aight cool! Two Towers is the weakest indeed...

Yes of course I am! I love the LOTR-movies and the trailers, clips etc. that has been released for the movie. It has made me so fucking excited for The Hobbit!

I was waiting an hour or more waiting so I could get premiere tickets to the movie in HFR 3D.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Btw @WeezYIsCraaazY a recorded some old classics that I'm going to watch some time, and I would like
              to hear your opinion on em

- Casablanca
              - Gone With the Wind
              - Singin' in the Rain

Comment

Aight cool! Two Towers is the weakest indeed...

Yes of course I am! I love the LOTR-movies and the trailers, clips etc. that has been released for the movie. It has made me so fucking excited for The Hobbit!

I was waiting an hour or more waiting so I could get premiere tickets to the movie in HFR 3D.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Btw @WeezYIsCraaazY a recorded some old classics that I'm going to watch some time, and I would like
                to hear your opinion on em

- Casablanca
                - Gone With the Wind
                - Singin' in the Rain
                Nice, glad you got tickets! Reviews aren't looking great at the moment, but we'll have to wait and see.

- Casablanca - a good movie, with a great performance from Bogey (for him it's worth watching). On the other hand, it is not the great American love story people attribute it with. There are wittier and more connecting films than it.

- Gone With the Wind - it's overkill, bro. I'd suggest against it. It deals with the civil war in the wrong way, and it is outright racist. Watch The General (1926) instead: "the greatest comedy ever made, the greatest Civil War film ever made, and perhaps the greatest film ever made." Orson Welles, creator of Citizen Kane said that!

- Singin' in the Rain - the song will seem different if you've seen A Clockwork Orange, but it is an amazing film, and quite possibly the best music.

(Any others you need to know about, just ask)

Comment

Nice, glad you got tickets! Reviews aren't looking great at the moment, but we'll have to wait and see.

- Casablanca - a good movie, with a great performance from Bogey (for him it's worth watching). On the other hand, it is not the great American love story people attribute it with. There are wittier and more connecting films than it.

- Gone With the Wind - it's overkill, bro. I'd suggest against it. It deals with the civil war in the wrong way, and it is outright racist. Watch The General (1926) instead: "the greatest comedy ever made, the greatest Civil War film ever made, and perhaps the greatest film ever made." Orson Welles, creator of Citizen Kane said that!

- Singin' in the Rain - the song will seem different if you've seen A Clockwork Orange, but it is an amazing film, and quite possibly the best music.

(Any others you need to know about, just ask)
                  Thanx man, appreciate it! Helped a lot

Comment

• Gonna go see Seven Psychopaths tomorrow! Looks wicked!

Comment

• Directed by the same guy who did Oldboy. Produced by Tony and Ridley Scott. Written by Wentworth Miller (Prison Break).

Looks very interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
                        Gonna go see Seven Psychopaths tomorrow! Looks wicked!
                        Tell me how it was when you've watched it!

Comment

Tell me how it was when you've watched it!
                          I will

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post

Directed by the same guy who did Oldboy. Produced by Tony and Ridley Scott. Written by Wentworth Miller (Prison Break).

Looks very interesting.
                          Decent!

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Comment

Working...
                          X