Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Current MC's Can Reach Legend Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Current MC's Can Reach Legend Status?

Edit: should have been in the Music Domain forum. My bad. If anyone can move it their, that would be great.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who would you say deserves "Legend Status" ?

-Wayne
    -Kanye
    -T.I.
    -Eminem
    - Jay Z (even though i'm not the biggest fan, I guess he deserves it.)

Let's be realistic here...You can't say Kendrick Lamar is legend material now or any time soon.

Give him a couple of years. I think we can judge him once we can see how he handles Mainstream media.

Kanye handled it well, Em did to an exent, T.I. made it.

Wayne didn't handle it as best he could, i think he changed too much, but I don't think it was really his fault. Wayne is so hard to explain why he is the way he is now, nobody else but us can understand.

Nas tried to break out mainstream, but he kind of failed. I don't consider him a True legend to be honest. He is mainly legend in the underground section of hip hop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shout Out DeadEndHipHop! They are good album reviewers and really entertaining to watch!
    Subscribe to them! They team up with NeedleDrop every once in a while, if you know who that is!

Last edited by StevenHTX; 10-06-2012, 02:19 PM.

Let's be realistic here...You can't say Kendrick Lamar is legend material now or any time soon.
    Exactly.

Comment

The 5 rappers who you just listed are already put on the legend status (maybe not T.I) but yeah...

Those rappers will be remembered for ever...Eminem Jay Z Kanye West Lil Wayne....those four ARE hip hop.
      Originally posted by Shake
      Why so negative all the time???

Comment

I was thinking of making a similar thread tbh, or asking a similar question. I wonder if today's established artist's that we all recognize today (Wayne, Jay, 50, T.I., Eminem, Kanye, Drake, etc.) will live up to become legends, as well as which up and coming artists (A$AP Rocky, Kendrick Lamar, etc.) will establish themselves.

Comment

Em and Jay are already legends...Kanye will for sure..I guess Wayne as well even though he kinda messed up his legacy with his recent material..not T.I even tho he's good

Comment

Wayne, Kanye, Em and Jay-Z yeah, but not T.I.
            if youre going to say T.I. then you might as well as Drake, Rick Ross and Jeezy to the list

Comment

how u not gonna mention nas

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
                how u not gonna mention nas

Nas tried to break out mainstream, but he kind of failed. I don't consider him a True legend to be honest. He is mainly legend in the underground section of hip hop.

I did.

Comment

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
                  Wayne, Kanye, Em and Jay-Z yeah, but not T.I.
                  if youre going to say T.I. then you might as well as Drake, Rick Ross and Jeezy to the list
                  Well you can't say Drake.. He's only released two albums.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadToC4Fan View Post
                    Well you can't say Drake.. He's only released two albums.
                    And Lil B has released a shitload of music and still sucks. What's your point?

That's like saying C4 was a great album cause it sold a million in a week.
                    .................... ....................

Comment

What y'all think about 50.

He was in his prime around 04-05.

The Massacre was a classic.

Y'all think he could be a legend?

Comment

Drake is never going to be a legend,he's hot right now but it's not gonna happen in my opinion.
                        Jay-Z and Eminem are gonna be lengends for sure,I don't know about Kanye West and Lil Wayne.

I doubt Wayne is gonna be remembered,his success turned him into an industry whore.. he shapeshifts to adapt too damn much,the shit he raps about nowadays is irrelevant. Most people don't even know him for his true music,people think he's a joke because they only know his new music that he puts out nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                        X