No announcement yet.

Jay Z talks bout relaitonship with wayne on breakfast club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kind of think Wayne may have not gone to jail if he grew up around Jay more though. He is just more professional than Birdman and I would like to think he would have taught Wayne not to carry his gun everywhere. Have others carry one or something... IDK just my thought

Comment

Originally posted by YM Salute View Post
      Idk. I don't think it'll make much of a difference. Even with Birdman as his "mentor", he still rose up as the best rapper alive, even above Jay-Z during a certain time period.

I feel that the only thing that would be effected is how/what he did post-prison, not pre-prison.
      yea but jayz would have signed him in 08/09

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
      Prolly Woulda Because He Encourage Memphis Bleek & Sumbody Else To Flood Us With Music Because 50 Cent Was Coming & They Didn't Listen .....

- - - Updated - - -

Another Artist Gne Do And Who Better To Do It Besides Eminem Or Lil' Wayne......... & Its Gne Work Even Better For Who Does It Yet

- - - Updated - - -

As In Rapping ? I mean its not like wayne could have went wrong with picking any one of them..... The Biggest Names Of Hip-Hop This Decade Is Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Eminem & Kanye... And He Even Out Sold Jay Z & Kanye Joint Album..... Birdman Got It To Where Wayne Aint Got Work or Rap For the Rest Of His Life...Birdman Seems Pretty Good To Me
      yeah as in Rapping of course wayne would be better with jay and even though carter 4 sold more than watch the throne, WATCH THE THRONE IS THE BETTER ALBUM NO CONTEST!!! they won grammy's for that album wayne didn't even get nominated for anything birdman has did some good but to me mostly bad he has no idea want good music is !! if wayne was signed to jay he would have told wayne ianahb2 is shit don't put that out but baby ass gonna say oh yea this shit is fire we putting that out asap foh

Comment

Jay-Z really wanted to sign Wayne because he knew Wayne was better at the time & it would make him look superior than Wayne by singing Wayne to his own Label.

& I think Wayne did have that talk with Jay but it wasn't exactly like how Jay made it seem. Jay like I said probably offered to sign Wayne because he knew he was better. But Lil Wayne took that to his advantage since Wayne himself knew he was better, he would say it himself. Jay told Birdman & Birdman didn't like that, that's why Juvie even said in an interview that Wayne wanted to leave but Birdman had contracts on him. So Birdman knew if he lost Wayne, he'd lose it all. So then he let Wayne be the boss of Cash Money & gave him his own imprint which is Young Money, so Wayne wouldn't even think about leaving for Jay-Z.

& That makes Wayne look better than Jay-Z because Wayne then remained worthy competition on the opposition team than having him rap under your label. That's why Wayne signed Drake & Nicki because Jigga signed Kanye & Rihanna.

Wayne knows what he's does. Wayne wants the be the best. He knows how to compete.
        WIZHEEZY�
        Originally posted by nickiminajsitonmyface
        I never cared about you WizHeezy lol. All you ever did was hurt my feelings over the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by WizHeezy View Post
          Jay-Z really wanted to sign Wayne because he knew Wayne was better at the time & it would make him look superior than Wayne by singing Wayne to his own Label.

& I think Wayne did have that talk with Jay but it wasn't exactly like how Jay made it seem. Jay like I said probably offered to sign Wayne because he knew he was better. But Lil Wayne took that to his advantage since Wayne himself knew he was better, he would say it himself. Jay told Birdman & Birdman didn't like that, that's why Juvie even said in an interview that Wayne wanted to leave but Birdman had contracts on him. So Birdman knew if he lost Wayne, he'd lose it all. So then he let Wayne be the boss of Cash Money & gave him his own imprint which is Young Money, so Wayne wouldn't even think about leaving for Jay-Z.

& That makes Wayne look better than Jay-Z because Wayne then remained worthy competition on the opposition team than having him rap under your label. That's why Wayne signed Drake & Nicki because Jigga signed Kanye & Rihanna.

Wayne knows what he's does. Wayne wants the be the best. He knows how to compete.
          the makes no fuckin sense at all

Comment

Originally posted by dametri426 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

yeah as in Rapping of course wayne would be better with jay and even though carter 4 sold more than watch the throne, WATCH THE THRONE IS THE BETTER ALBUM NO CONTEST!!! they won grammy's for that album wayne didn't even get nominated for anything birdman has did some good but to me mostly bad he has no idea want good music is !! if wayne was signed to jay he would have told wayne ianahb2 is shit don't put that out but baby ass gonna say oh yea this shit is fire we putting that out asap foh
            C4 was nominated at the Grammys.

Lil Wayne, Drake, Chance the Rapper, Skooly, Rich Homie Quan, 2 Chainz.

Comment

the makes no fuckin sense at all
              that made perfect sense to me. Theres a reason why Jay-Z wanted Wayne, had his eyes on Wayne for so many years, and passed the torch to him as best rapper alive in 08.

There was and has been a point in time when Wayne was better than Jay-Z. And Wayne could prove it again if he tried/wanted to on Carter 5.

Comment

that made perfect sense to me. Theres a reason why Jay-Z wanted Wayne, had his eyes on Wayne for so many years, and passed the torch to him as best rapper alive in 08.

There was and has been a point in time when Wayne was better than Jay-Z. And Wayne could prove it again if he tried/wanted to on Carter 5.
                Jay z said he'd pass the torch "if he keep going". So I doubt he did pass the torch

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Well Of Course A Better Mentor On The Rapping Side Because Baby Aint No Rapper... BUT Far As Everything Else You Can't Really Complain At All... Birdman Has Made Wayne A Household Name.. Prolly Top 5 Most Popular Rapper Of All-Time . . . . . Wayne Has Changed The Game In So Many Ways, I'd Say In More Ways Then Jay-Z Has. In Fashion & Rapping Wise... Ppl Dnt Really Touch Or Try To Copy Anything Jay Does. That Take Jay For What He Is & Leave It Untouched..... But rappers & kids in America Copy Damn Near Every Movement Wayne Makes or Made..... & You Think Birdman Isn't To Thank For That ? ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Waynes Height View Post
                    Jay z said he'd pass the torch "if he keep going". So I doubt he did pass the torch
                    That was in Star Is Born but in Mr. Carter he passed it off.

Comment

WATCH THE THRONE IS THE BETTER ALBUM NO CONTEST!!!
                      No it wasn't.

Comment

That was in Star Is Born but in Mr. Carter he passed it off.
                        Me carter came before star is born

Comment

Originally posted by LilMeazy View Post
                          No it wasn't.
                          Word. Carter 4 was actually good. I recently heard Abortion and it was good, tracks like President Carter, Nightmares of the Bottom, Blunt Blowin, It's Good, Mirror, etc. It's better than Watch The Throne imo. That album wasn't good especially seeing who was on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X