Wayne got weaaaak, yo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wayne got weaaaak, yo.

Lol at everyone sayin lollipop is the only reason he sold a mill first week. I agree, it helped... alot. BUT, are we forgetting that he was on EVERYBODY'S song. In my area rap is not big and it's never on the radio. But I remember back around the lollipop time I couldn't turn on the radio without hearing Wayne on somebody's song. Since he's been back from prison, the lyrics have been on point, his voice has been on point (he only used the high pitched voice for like two songs), and getting some of that buzz back. I think he oughta take his time and let it build up before releasing CIV. Release a mixtape, release some singles (not necessarily songs off CIV just something to put out), and get music out. However, the radio is now Lady Gaga or people that sound the same. It's all dance/party music, with the exception of T. Swift. TBH I don't think Wayne's gonna get the same kind of radio play no matter who he features with because the R&B/Rap songs are not as popular as they were in 08. But, he will get decent play and if he's patient and proves to people that CIV will be real rap then I think it could have very high sales.

So to put it shortly. Nope, far from fallen off. Though I do think he took a little too long of a break through the Rebirth era. But two words that have yet to be mentioned... No Ceilings? And that was still when he was high and drunk all the time.

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

P.S. Lol 50 Cent relevant... . Not to stir anything up again... #JustSayin

Comment

You gota be suckin your own dick if u think Wayne will only sell 400K - 500K. Then again, you have to be able to suck your own dick to be known for trolling 24/7.

I think some of you think Wayne exists in the bubble of your little minds and your approval. It hasn't occured to you that if you don't like soemthing, a million other people can. No other way to say this, if u think Wayne fell off..........donate your ears to science (kill yourself if u a 50/lil B fan). Ironically he's getting the most love from everybody now with his music post jail.
      Last edited by ChrisBLawyer; 02-26-2011, 03:40 AM.

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisBLawyer View Post
        You gota be suckin your own dick if u think Wayne will only sell 400K - 500K. Then again, you have to be able to suck your own dick to be known for trolling 24/7.

I think some of you think Wayne exists in the bubble of your little minds and your approval. It hasn't occured to you that if you don't like soemthing, a million other people can. No other way to say this, if u think Wayne fell off..........donate your ears to science. Ironically he's getting the most love from everybody with his music post jail.

You have to be quite naive to think he would sell more
        Than that at this point... It's going To seriously sell less than 500k if the second single flops. Where was his fan base when rebirth and ianahb dropped? You just don't make sales like magic..

Comment

Originally posted by gaurang View Post
          Than that at this point... It's going To seriously sell less than 500k if the second single flops. Where was his fan base when rebirth and ianahb dropped? You just don't make sales like magic..
          This is Tha Carter IV....This isn't some independent album that his label created in two months.

People have been waiting for this since Tha Carter III. It'll sell, HUGE.

I know people who are buying it just for the collection of Tha Carters.

Like i said earlier, Wayne knows what he's doing. He knows his fans are wanting the old him back, and he's gonna bring it.
          He's gonna have some club songs, some hardcore rap songs, and some r&b/love songs on there. No doubt, he's got music on there for everyone to enjoy, which will create a big buzz for every fan.

Comment

Originally posted by gaurang View Post
            Rebirth was rock, nobody wanted that. INHB was not a Carter album.

People want Tha Carter IV. Its that simple, I won't argue with you cuz I saw this same shit before C3 dropped. I'll just be here to say I told you so.

You gota be foolish not to expect more than that from one of the most relevant people in music dropping a follow up to a huge album in a series. PS: Wayne has more fans now than when C3 dropped, think about that.
            Last edited by ChrisBLawyer; 02-26-2011, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CwayneFtw10 View Post
              @THP I'm guessing "I Hate Love" is one of the two songs you were talking about leaking within a week.
              Yes. With the other being "We Back Soon". That one should be coming soon, as well.

Oh and, Wayne got no hype right now. I don't know what y'all are talking about. Nothing near the Pre-C3 hype. Y'all are crazy. He won't have a Lollipop big single. He won't even have an A Milli big single probably. Maybe a Got Money big single, but I doubt it. C4 hype is nothing compared to C3. 500K TOPS.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by THP850 View Post
                Yes. With the other being "We Back Soon". That one should be coming soon, as well.

Oh and, Wayne got no hype right now. I don't know what y'all are talking about. Nothing near the Pre-C3 hype. Y'all are crazy. He won't have a Lollipop big single. He won't even have an A Milli big single probably. Maybe a Got Money big single, but I doubt it. C4 hype is nothing compared to C3. 500K TOPS.
                *You don't go #1 from jail with no hype

*You don't have singles debut top 10 on hot 100 with no hype

*You don't get the traffic, media coverage, or air time wayne gets with no hype

In summary, wtf do you define as hype?

C4 marketing is far from begun and with C3 he had to do alot more to get a buzz, now he just has one simply by it being C4 and him being Lil Wayne. Hopefully smart minds can get this. If u rlly believe C4 aint selling 700K atleast you've been smoking some shitty ass weed

Comment

Rebirth was rock, nobody wanted that. INHB was not a Carter album.

People want Tha Carter IV. Its that simple, I won't argue with you cuz I saw this same shit before C3 dropped. I'll just be here to say I told you so.

You gota be foolish not to expect more than that from one of the most relevant people in music dropping a follow up to a huge album in a series. PS: Wayne has more fans now than when C3 dropped, think about that.
                  Wow you're really stupid if you think he's going to sell a mil let alone 700k lol...it doesn't even matter if it's a series or not look at jay z's blueprint3 did it out sell the first two?( idk I'm assuming he didn't , on my phone and too lazy to check) how are you going to say he has way more fans now after how poorly the other two albums did??? I think they did great, but the way you're
                  Talking they should've both went platinum

Comment

I'm not gunna argue with you. You're obviously a stan. Whatever though. You will see when your favorite artist doesn't/barely goes gold first week. Which isn't even bad. I don't get why you guys are crying. But 1 million? Oh fuck no. 750K? Oh fuck no. WATCH.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

I'm not gunna argue with you. You're obviously a stan. Whatever though. You will see when your favorite artist doesn't/barely goes gold first week. Which isn't even bad. I don't get why you guys are crying. But 1 million? Oh fuck no. 750K? Oh fuck no. WATCH.
                      You'll see when you have to buy C4, and take a picture of it

Comment

*You don't go #1 from jail with no hype

*You don't have singles debut top 10 on hot 100 with no hype

*You don't get the traffic, media coverage, or air time wayne gets with no hype

In summary, wtf do you define as hype?

C4 marketing is far from begun and with C3 he had to do alot more to get a buzz, now he just has one simply by it being C4 and him being Lil Wayne. Hopefully smart minds can get this. If u rlly believe C4 aint selling 700K atleast you've been smoking some shitty ass weed

LOOOOL buddy "6'7'" was supposed
                        To be revolutionary, was it? No... If the video is garbage idk what to say...don't get me
                        Wrong I want Wayne to sell a milli I love him, but at this point it ain't even looking probable.

Comment

im a stan but idc about the sales anymore but he still could, if talyor swift which your a fan of can do it, pshhh!! Wayne definitely can but maybe not but who cares

Comment

Working...
                          X