Do you like wayne as a punchline rapper or a story-teller, Big Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like wayne as a punchline rapper or a story-teller, Big Debate

i actually prefer the punchline style because it makes me rewind what he just said most times and think about it like, did he just say "I put it down like my hands hurtin". He actually uses them to compare everyday situations and hood life to things we already know about. It seems as if people keep hatin on him because he uses that style of rap, not knowing that he's always been that way. He has millions of fans due to that style. People loved "A Millie" but do you realize it was all punchline such as "tougher than Nigerian hair". This style of rap has earned him grammy"s, Bet awards, sold millions of albums, and has gottem him a huge fanbase, he's gotta be doin somethin right. i like the fact that he can take a cartoon, object, or anything at all and make compare it to his lifestyle and make it rhyme. It makes you say "did he just say what i think he said"? Take the song "I like the View" for example, Dat nigga said, "I'm richer den a bitch, but i can't buy tomorrow, thats why i go hard ho"

Re: Do you like wayne as a punchline rapper or a story-teller, Big Debate

Originally posted by jreed View Post
    "I put it down like my hands hurtin".

I'd probably go with punchlines for him, but when they where actually mostly good tbh

Comment

he does both his fans and hip hop a disservice if he doesn't display both the punchline rapper and the story telling/conceptual rapper. Take a song like novacane where it's a sustained metaphor or the song something you forgot from back in the day. these are great songs that are not punchline driven but are conceptual with a single theme. He's capable of both so he needs to do both. His versatility is one of his strongest point and a major factor to his case for hip hop legend.

Anne, Novocane and Mirrors on the actual album would've led to better reviews, that said i like the album. solid 7/10.

Comment

yee punchlines that makes me say daaamn ooh i got this .brilliant

NO ONE fuck with these niggaz !

Comment

Tbh, I like both.
          OVOXO-YMCMB

Comment

I like the punchlines like "real G's move in silence like lasagna" that make you think.

Comment

Lil Wayne nvr been called a "story telling rapper", he is known as the punchline rapper. Even tho sometime he got these songs where he sticks on subject he still called a punch line rapper.
              And btw tha Carter 2 has punchlines just like C3 and C4, but just better lyrics on em
              Originally posted by Shake
              Why so negative all the time???

Comment

What about a mixed Wayne?

50 % punchline rap & 50 % story tellin' Wayne?

Comment

How Would We Know. He never Was A Storyteller U Fag

His Lyrics Was Just Waaay Better Than Now... His Lyrics Now Are BULLSHIT

Comment

how about telling a story using punch lines???

*-------------~~--~~---ItsAzaa---~~--~~-------------*

--[<]--[<]--[<]--Truk Da Wur!!--[>]--[>]--[>]--

Comment

Originally posted by Aza-Exx View Post
                      how about telling a story using punch lines???

or better, telling a story about punch lines
                      Originally posted by Shake
                      Why so negative all the time???

Comment

TBH, punchline.. when they aren't wack. :/

I'd like to thank the haters for your cooperation
                        I got that Doctor Chopper, give you an operation

Comment

Working...
                        X