Do you like wayne as a punchline rapper or a story-teller, Big Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you like wayne as a punchline rapper or a story-teller, Big Debate

This lame nigga doesn't even know what trollin is. Oh my fucking god go to sleep.

Comment

I prefer both tbh like his early C3 days when he could tell a story and kill you with the punchlines

Comment

hmm. the whole wayne not being a storyteller.
        isnt entirely true. he may not be the traditional storyteller.
        that sets up scene. and gives you this story to follow.
        in every verse. even though he has done that.
        but he does tell stories his way. if you listen to fly in.
        carter 2 and fly out. all those sound like stories.
        its like a story about himself. and i think.
        thats more interesting than just making some shit up.
        so he can get credit as a story teller.

and saying wayne is just a punchline rapper.
        is a huuuuge discredit to wayne. thats putting him in the cassidy bracket.
        and he has noooo business being there.

Comment

Both.

Wayne has never made a song that has been only storytellin', and the shit that got him popular was his punchlines.

So I'll go for 07 Wayne - Mostly storytellin' with some dope punchlines in between. Not 10 Tunechi with punchlines in every line.

Comment

how about wayne where he uses punchlines and metaphors to rap about a subject. thats the wayne i like. like he did with mirror and novacane. i have no problem with punchlines.. i love them... but at least stay on subject

Comment

punchlines bro why i am a weezy fan if i want storys ill listen to em hov or nas but people ask me why i listen to weezy and i tell him cause his punchlines among a couple other thing

Comment

Wayne said himself he is too ADD to stick to one subject Punchline rapping is his forte although there are instenses where he does stick to a subject forethe most part

Comment

i jus like Waynes overall approach to music. everytime he gets on a track he has a direction for it. so i cant really choose

Comment

Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
                    Mostly storytellin' with some dope punchlines in between. Not 10 Tunechi with punchlines in every line.
                    This.

2010-2011 Wayne...is slacking.

But he ain't fall off.

He needs to get on some autotune, again. Better than that 6'7' voice, and shit.

Comment

We get it Jreed, your a gangster, chill out.. this is the internet playboi.

Comment

punchline rapper but not Tunechi.... Weezy

Comment

Wayne is in no way a story telling or situational rapper. Wayne is a punchline rapper.

Story tellers or Situational rappers are like Game and Kendrick Lamar.

RED >>>>>> C4

Comment

Working...
                          X