[OFFICIAL]I Am Not A Human Being 2 Discussion Thread v1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BAMBAM View Post
    I was talkin bout his albums in general, C3 & C4 had hella promo. And his Sway interview for MTV, his VMA performance, the interview with that girl from MTV (i think) & his hospital visit wasn't promo for this album?
    So your talking about the promotion he was doing for IANAHB2, back in 2008-2011 hahahaha are you serious.

His VMA performance was C4 promotion. the Sway interview was the only real promotion and a few tweets

Comment

• Originally posted by rav14 View Post
      So your talking about the promotion he was doing for IANAHB2, back in 2008-2011 hahahaha are you serious.

His VMA performance was C4 promotion. the Sway interview was the only real promotion and a few tweets
      Yeah and the Sway interview wasn't even on TV...you had to stream it on the internet to watch it There was next to no promotion for this album, 200k + is decent for a non-Carter album.

Comment

• Originally posted by rav14 View Post

The nigga said Wayne barely promotes and hits 1 million for his albums anyway fool (which means he was talkin about C3 & C4, and he actually did hella promo for them). And how in the hell was the VMA performance promo for C4 when it premiered the 2nd single from this album

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by TheMaker420 View Post
        Yeah and the Sway interview wasn't even on TV...you had to stream it on the internet to watch it There was next to no promotion for this album, 200k + is decent for a non-Carter album.
        No its not.

Comment

• IANAHBII C&S.jpg go get my shit

Comment

• Originally posted by 187JoshM187
            People are really blaming the bad album sales on promotion and because it's "not in tha carter series" .....

Maybe if every single he actually released was dope maybe the first week sales would have been different but they weren't.

Just because it's IANAHB 2 doesn't mean it's gonna have low album sales. Lets say IANAHB 2 was filled with classic tracks and was better than any album he ever dropped, do you guys really think there would still be low sales just because it's not in tha carter series? Fuck outta here.

The album had it's good moments like (Trigger finger, Gunwalk, Trippy, ect.), but there were also plenty of horrible moments (Soulja's verse, wowzers, hello, my homies still, ect)

All in all the album was just average which is why it sold low. Deal with it.
            U rly gone take ur fucking L!

of course it got something to do w/ promotion and that its not a carter album!

after c3 sold 1 milli first week, he dropped rebirrh and ianahb and both were fucked up in theor first week sales.. Then c4 dropped and it went platnum in one week! So pls nigga.. Ur so ignorant but yeah its cool to hate suck gates homo ass

Comment

People are really blaming the bad album sales on promotion and because it's "not in tha carter series" .....

Maybe if every single he actually released was dope maybe the first week sales would have been different but they weren't. R.A.F is just random lines of nothing, My Homies still was terrible, and No Worries was an ok single. Bitches Love Me was the only step in the right direction.

And just because it's IANAHB 2 doesn't mean it's gonna have low album sales. Lets say IANAHB 2 was filled with classic tracks and was better than any album he ever dropped, do you guys really think there would still be low first week sales just because it's not in tha carter series? Fuck outta here.

The album had it's good moments like (Trigger finger, Gunwalk, Trippy, ect.), but there were also plenty of horrible moments (Soulja's verse, wowzers, hello, my homies still, ect)

All in all the album was just average which is why it sold low. Deal with it.
              C2 was a full classic and it sold 250k first week

C1 sold 100k first week

Of course it's about promotion...
              Originally posted by Shake
              Why so negative all the time???

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisheezy View Post
                It's not bad, not good either. I'll wait on worldwide sales to come in next tuesday before I make a better judgement. Not that sales matter for me at this point as it's not even a flagship album for weezy.
                I dont think it Will get big numbers outside the US..

I went through 3 big music shops in Denmark and all of them told me that they didn't receive IANAHB 2 yet and they will get them after Easter holidays, which ended this Tuesday here

Comment

Wayne didn't nearly have as much of a fan base then as he does now. Terrible comeback tbh
                  Really ask yourself, was there any hype around IAHB2?

No, there wasn't.
                  Even two of my friends who are Wayne fans didn't know about the album until I told them.

I think it's a bit odd that your own fans don't know about the album, but "clearly there is heavy promotion for it."

Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

Wayne didn't nearly have as much of a fan base then as he does now. Terrible comeback tbh

Every Wayne solo album sold about/less than 250k first week except for C3 and C4...and that's coz of Lollipop and How to love

Fan base has nothing to do with it

Comment

There wasn't hype around the album cause every single except for Bitches Love me was trash

Scratch that, No Worries was an ok single but Bitches Love Me still topped all of them

And how are you a "fan" of a rapper and don't know when his album is coming out
                      RAF was dope tho
                      Official Lil Wayne Rap Genius Thread: http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/lil...s-respect.html

Comment

How does an album sell with no fan base?

But anyway I'm saying of course his music was a lot better back then but he didn't nearly have as many fans following him as he does now. Quality and your fan base plays a part in album sales too.

C3 deserved to sell a milli first week and his fan base was well established by then

C4 sold so much based on the high expectations from C3 alone, although the quality of the album was average to terrible to most eyes.

And at How To Love making c4 sell a milli first week. Drop the world was a dope single too and went double platinum, how come it didn't boost Rebirths album sales? How come rebirths album sales are still terrible compared to the rest of wayne's albums?

- - - Updated - - -

It's a dope song to some but it isn't doing well on the radio compared to any of Wayne's other singles
                        Because people don't want to hear a rock album by Wayne.
                        Drop the World was basically rap.

Comment

How does an album sell with no fan base?

But anyway I'm saying of course his music was a lot better back then but he didn't nearly have as many fans following him as he does now. Quality and your fan base plays a part in album sales too.

C3 deserved to sell a milli first week and his fan base was well established by then

C4 sold so much based on the high expectations from C3 alone, although the quality of the album was average to terrible to most eyes.

And at How To Love making c4 sell a milli first week. Drop the world was a dope single too and went double platinum, how come it didn't boost Rebirths album sales? How come rebirths album sales are still terrible compared to the rest of wayne's albums?

- - - Updated - - -

It's a dope song to some but it isn't doing well on the radio compared to any of Wayne's other singles
                          .it's either you promote the album or you end up with a 200k album first week like this (when it comes to Wayne)..

Classic songs or whack songs...either you got 30+ million fans in FB or got nothing...you need hype/promotion...

So don't play the "if the songs where dope then the album would sell more" game lol..

How to love sold 5x platinum, and thats obviously mostly from teen girls, and that's why C4 went a milli...AND Wayne ended the VMA's with C4 tracks and after that it was on iTunes..that's one of the biggest promotion move..
                          Last edited by Vocker; 04-03-2013, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X