Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] THE FUNERAL (Appreciation/Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mikefromdaville View Post
    uproar sucked
    green ranger was better
    we not going to do this
    The thing these days is its not even about what's better half the time it's Wat is more catchy..

Comment

• Originally posted by joeycmj View Post
      https://twitter.com/rapallstars/stat...311191040?s=21

Don’t know if this was already posted in here or not
      lmao ''well shiiit fire it up then''

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

• Originally posted by OllyCarterz View Post
        I feel like Mahogany is what a modern day Da Drought 3 track would sound like
        Mama mia would be more accurate

#FREEVELVET

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post
          u know something I don't? What does Red Bandana have to do with Wayne's World?

what do u mean by reworked? like remastering, rearrange vocals/verses?

I'm saying that if this is the C4 track it's definitely re-recorded, you can hear his vocals are from this era (the yeah yeah yeah adlibs + the lyrics from the Rap Up article only got a few similarities with the Funeral track)
          https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...op-king-77011/

Quote from this article:

"It�s thrilling to watch the thing take shape. A couple of times he flubs a line, tackles it again. The whole thing is finished in about four minutes. Wayne signals for the playback and sits, eyes closed, listening to himself ping-pong from free-associating brags (�I�m a cash cow, now watch me milk this shit like cornflakes�) to parole-officer-baiting threats (�Keep that click-click pow-pow on the side like a mistress�) to straight-up silliness (�I don�t give a shit about shit, if it ain�t my shit, that shit ain�t shit, shit�). �Goddamn!� he cackles when it�s over. He asks Mike to play it again, this time let the chorus ride. When the hook comes around, Wayne nods his head and sings along:

We �bout everything and everything goes
          Bitch, nigga, shit, bitch, take a picture
          Tonight I�ll probably fuck another nigga�s girl
          Party time, excellent, Wayne�s World "

so this isn't the same as the C4 version based on this

Comment

• Originally posted by Mbminas View Post
            Thanks! That was a GREAT review!

Comment

• I'm just curious why they didnt cut album to 13 tracks and in 6 months release another one. They droped Grateful as single for Funeral back in 2016 so they had 4 years to get some concept. He finally gets free from Cash Money just to drop two albums with one and half year break, and leaks from IANAHBII era have better structure then Funeral. And Wayne's flow and bars are the best we've seen in years, but Mack and Tez can't handle his music. I hope they can get someone that will up the level of that, who try to bring more hits or just more replay value from Wayne's music. And i'm praying that he wont go MIA for two years again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bratek View Post
                I'm just curious why they didnt cut album to 13 tracks and in 6 months release another one.
                An album with 24 tracks is usually worth 24 streams by default assuming everyone will give it at least one play through. It’s the reason songs are becoming shorter. Albums may have 20-25 songs but they are still running about an hour to an hour and a half.

All for sales.

Comment

• See i was wondering why some songs was shorter like that. Now i know.
                  QUOTE=TUNE KNOWLEDGE;1640495]An album with 24 tracks is usually worth 24 streams by default assuming everyone will give it at least one play through. It�s the reason songs are becoming shorter. Albums may have 20-25 songs but they are still running about an hour to an hour and a half.

All for sales.[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Bratek View Post
                  I'm just curious why they didnt cut album to 13 tracks and in 6 months release another one. They droped Grateful as single for Funeral back in 2016 so they had 4 years to get some concept. He finally gets free from Cash Money just to drop two albums with one and half year break, and leaks from IANAHBII era have better structure then Funeral. And Wayne's flow and bars are the best we've seen in years, but Mack and Tez can't handle his music. I hope they can get someone that will up the level of that, who try to bring more hits or just more replay value from Wayne's music. And i'm praying that he wont go MIA for two years again.
                  - - - Updated - - -

See i was wondering why some songs was shorter like that. Now i know.
                  QUOTE=TUNE KNOWLEDGE;1640495]An album with 24 tracks is usually worth 24 streams by default assuming everyone will give it at least one play through. It�s the reason songs are becoming shorter. Albums may have 20-25 songs but they are still running about an hour to an hour and a half.

All for sales.[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Bratek View Post
                  I'm just curious why they didnt cut album to 13 tracks and in 6 months release another one. They droped Grateful as single for Funeral back in 2016 so they had 4 years to get some concept. He finally gets free from Cash Money just to drop two albums with one and half year break, and leaks from IANAHBII era have better structure then Funeral. And Wayne's flow and bars are the best we've seen in years, but Mack and Tez can't handle his music. I hope they can get someone that will up the level of that, who try to bring more hits or just more replay value from Wayne's music. And i'm praying that he wont go MIA for two years again.
                  They can do all they can do but they cant break unbreakable. They scared to face the truth cause they hate the view.

Follow me on twitter.
                  https://www.twitter.com/CrazyWeezyFan
                  Check out my Weezy series Weezy Mania and other episodes on my podcast Hip Hop In the After Hours.
                  https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...533468893?uo=4

Comment

• Originally posted by Bratek View Post
                    dropping albums like that isn't good for the artist, especially a superstar like wayne who isn't even in his prime anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
                      Mama mia would be more accurate
                      Nah i dont think so bro. Wayne�s flow on mama mia is dope, but it�s kinda all over the place + the beat dont really fit imo.

Mahogany is so smooth and sounds effortless just like Da Drought 3

Comment

• Know You Kbow is hard. That’s classic Wayne

Comment

• Originally posted by Mnjaro View Post
                          https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...op-king-77011/

Quote from this article:

"It’s thrilling to watch the thing take shape. A couple of times he flubs a line, tackles it again. The whole thing is finished in about four minutes. Wayne signals for the playback and sits, eyes closed, listening to himself ping-pong from free-associating brags (“I’m a cash cow, now watch me milk this shit like cornflakes”) to parole-officer-baiting threats (“Keep that click-click pow-pow on the side like a mistress”) to straight-up silliness (“I don’t give a shit about shit, if it ain’t my shit, that shit ain’t shit, shit”). “Goddamn!” he cackles when it’s over. He asks Mike to play it again, this time let the chorus ride. When the hook comes around, Wayne nods his head and sings along:

We ’bout everything and everything goes
                          Bitch, nigga, shit, bitch, take a picture
                          Tonight I’ll probably fuck another nigga’s girl
                          Party time, excellent, Wayne’s World "

so this isn't the same as the C4 version based on this
                          damn nice find, don't think I've read this before. he killed that Red Bandana verse too it's crazy

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Working...
                          X